Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: RGIII Rehab Update
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Griffin really strikes me as being cut from the same cloth as RW. Seems very mature and driven... very driven...

Quote:
“It’s always going to be tough, but it’s like Coach says, ‘You get the mental reps. You do what you have to do, you do what you can do,’ and that’s my goal, to do what I can do. You always want people holding you back. You don’t ever want to have people pushing you forward, and that’s what they’re doing right now. They’re holding me back from doing certain things because I feel like I’m ready, my body might look like I’m ready, but according to the time table, I’m not ready. So, I just keep pushing forward, keep pushing forward in what I can do, while at the same time, allow them to make me be patient.”

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/04/1 ... sdEiFdb.99

Post subject: Re: RGIII Rehab Update
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:51 pm 
NET Veteran

i like Griffin, good player, good character, well spoken, great sportsmanship.. i hope things pan out for him.. i also hope we get a chance to continue to knock his A** out of the playoffs year after year...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Random thought: If he's back and as quick as ever for the start of the NFL season, there's no way I won't believe he's huffin' some good old HGH. Unless a doctor or nurse on this site can explain that there's some new technique for repairing torn ACLs/MCLs/etc. that would account for significantly faster recovery time than has always traditionally been the case? I'm already pretty suspicious of AP's "bionic man" recovery in no time flat.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:58 pm 
* Smackmeister *

RolandDeschain wrote:
Random thought: If he's back and as quick as ever for the start of the NFL season, there's no way I won't believe he's huffin' some good old HGH. Unless a doctor or nurse on this site can explain that there's some new technique for repairing torn ACLs/MCLs/etc. that would account for significantly faster recovery time than has always traditionally been the case? I'm already pretty suspicious of AP's "bionic man" recovery in no time flat.

Protect the shield. The games are better when AP and RG3 can play. Ethics? Bah Humug.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:16 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

JesterHawk wrote:
Protect the shield. The games are better when AP and RG3 can play. Ethics? Bah Humug.

If I had to guess, I'd say the NFL actually probably really does want to test for HGH. The players union is the entity that is probably deathly afraid of it; or at least, way more so than the NFL.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 pm 
NET Veteran

hawker84 wrote:
i like Griffin, good player, good character, well spoken, great sportsmanship.. i hope things pan out for him.. i also hope we get a chance to continue to knock his A** out of the playoffs year after year...

Couldn't agree more (if you're talking about knocking him out w/ an "L", not the knee ;)).

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:25 pm 
* NET Moderator *

RolandDeschain wrote:

I just assume that he's doing something against the rules. I assume that Chris Clemons is as well to try and get back. I pretty much assume they all are. It's easier that way.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran

I know HGH is on the banned substances list, but does that mean it can never be used for medical reasons? Just like some of the other banned substances I'm pretty sure if it's deemed medically necessary a Dr. can prescribe it. I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:22 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

HGH is, indeed, on the banned substances list. It's the very first item under the hormones section, lol:

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResou ... 20List.pdf

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:37 am 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
HGH is, indeed, on the banned substances list. It's the very first item under the hormones section, lol:

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResou ... 20List.pdf

Thanks Roland. I know it's on the list but so is Adderall, yet that can be allowed with a prescription. So my question was, is there any circumstance where the league would allow the use of HGH if prescribed by an attending physician?

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

I believe part of the problem with HGH is that it also allows you to get stronger. Building muscle is essentially tearing down old muscle through heavy lifting, and then newer, stronger muscle replaces it. If you heal a lot more quickly, you can build more muscle through use of HGH.

If you tear an ACL or MCL, it probably is stronger after it heals if you're taking HGH than if it isn't.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 am 
USMC 1970-77

IIRC, a torn ligament is often stronger after the repair than before, regardless of method of treatment.

I would assume that HGH would be allowed if prescribed as part of treatment/rehab, but disallowed after the joint is fully healed. I don't know that for a fact, but it actually makes sense to me. You don't want players using that stuff when 'healthy', but when on IR? I should think it would be OK.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:20 am 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
I believe part of the problem with HGH is that it also allows you to get stronger. Building muscle is essentially tearing down old muscle through heavy lifting, and then newer, stronger muscle replaces it. If you heal a lot more quickly, you can build more muscle through use of HGH.

If you tear an ACL or MCL, it probably is stronger after it heals if you're taking HGH than if it isn't.

I was curious so I took a second to Google it and what do ya know, one of the first hits was for a body building forum (moderated by an M.D. apparently) and according to some, the right combination of HGH and other drugs is presumed to be effective (grain of salt, not in my wheel house).

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabo ... ments.html

Couldn't help but laugh at the thread titled "how do i get my balls back" as it was a serious post. No idea why these guys put themselves through this but hey, got you some pythons, right?!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:34 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Some serious comedy gold, right there.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 pm 
NET Starter

So...how DO u get ur balls back...?? :327321_Spy_23.22:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]