Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

HA! Final Madden Cover vote has no 49ers

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
HA! Final Madden Cover vote has no 49ers
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 am
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... witter_atl

    It's down to Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders. I'm voting Sanders; no disrespect to AP intended.

    Thank the baby Jebus that whatever jerk was using testing automation software to spam votes for 49ers didn't get a 49ers player in the final two.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • But I thought we wanted a 49er on the cover so they get hit by the curse?
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7667
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


  • :snack:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19666
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • indeed a double edged sword....
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4605
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • JesterHawk wrote:But I thought we wanted a 49er on the cover so they get hit by the curse?


    I hate you.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • Ha! No Seahawks either. ;)
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1738
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • Edit : Good Stuff, Roland!
    Last edited by pehawk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13971
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • pehawk wrote:Now Rolands getting owned by 49er fans.

    This is bad, real bad.

    He really has turned into the Chone Figgens of .NET.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 14663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • pehawk wrote:Now Rolands getting owned by 49er fans.

    This is bad, real bad.


    So Jester is a 49ers fan? Hmmm, explains a lot.

    Also, why don't you and Scotte keep it in the shack? Stop bringing your brilliant parenting and downtalking of me into other forums.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Now Rolands getting owned by 49er fans.

    This is bad, real bad.


    So Jester is a 49ers fan? Hmmm, explains a lot.

    Also, why don't you and Scotte keep it in the shack? Stop bringing your brilliant parenting and downtalking of me into other forums.


    Lighten up, Francis! Ill delete it, just so I don't sidetrack what promises to be a compelling thread, but lighten up.
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13971
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Image
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2834
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


  • Sanders had this in the bag day one.
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3297
    Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Wow...
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


  • I voted AP. I think he deserves it this year.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2547
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


  • I'm sorry, but which 49ers player were we saying was on equal footing with the great Barry Sanders?
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22425
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


  • The Outfield wrote:I voted AP. I think he deserves it this year.

    I'm not voting for HGH. Err, I mean, Adrian Peterson. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • AP. he is one tough player. Back from a bad injury, rolls like a truck headed down hill without breaks.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1975
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:I voted AP. I think he deserves it this year.

    I'm not voting for HGH. Err, I mean, Adrian Peterson. ;)


    Without any real proof, I'm not going to accuse him of anything. That said, the bulging of his eyes when he runs doesn't seem all that natural :shock:
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2547
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:I'm sorry, but which 49ers player were we saying was on equal footing with the great Barry Sanders?

    You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 230
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


  • 60niners wrote:You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.


    Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

    Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    60niners wrote:You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.


    Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

    Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.


    I don't think he was being a homer. I don't think anybody was being a homer when they made the list of the top 100 players in the NFL of all time.

    #1...
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    60niners wrote:You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.


    Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

    Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.

    Sanders was good, Jim Brown was great, Barrys dad agrees
    Rude144
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:59 pm


  • Rude144 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    60niners wrote:You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.


    Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

    Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.

    Sanders was good, Jim Brown was great, Barrys dad agrees


    Barry Sanders holds the record for most rushes for negative yardage. It's not even close. That's how much credit his O-line gets. Barry was the greatest rusher of all time.
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12868
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a White Girl


  • What a surprise, two more Niners fans think Barry Sanders was merely "good". God, the ego.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • Imagine what Barry could have done behind a great O-Line
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1738
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • rlkats wrote:Imagine what Barry could have done behind a great O-Line


    No kidding. They ignore that, and also ignore all the great team-building Walsh did for them. They also specialize in pretending their owner during the glory years wasn't as crooked as they come, and who knows what he did under the table to help his team. Sanders being overly loyal to the Lions and being on a crap team his whole career had no effect on his career, though. :roll:

    God, can't even discuss stuff seriously with these guys. I'd have thought at least some of them would show respect for some all-time greats not related to the 49ers/Seahawks, but I guess I was wrong.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • Um Roland just to let you know im a Niner fan. But I stoll agree with ya.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1738
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • Ah, didn't realize. Either way, you're right, and an exception to the other Niners fans posting in this thread. :)

    Barry Sanders behind a great line and team would have blown up every record in the book, IMO. A lot of people don't realize what a disadvantage he was at compared to the other few names people talk about for all-time great RBs...
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • First, Joe won 2 super bowls before Rice was even drafted. I always feel compelled to point this out bc it seems too many don't know that. With that aside, Joe was the best QB I ever saw, Rice the best WR and Sanders the best RB. If Sanders had, oh lets say Dallas's Oline, then he would have broken every record imaginable. 2500 yards? Maybe.

    But it doesn't matter who is the best or not. Roland, you made the thread. Plus you are quick to jump onto Niners' fans for bringing up the glory days. This topic is just inviting someone to challenge you, which is what you must have set out to do.

    Anyways, the only thing I really have a problem with is your assertion that Eddie D was the most crooked owner. He played by the rules and exploited them perfectly. Got the NFL to change the rules. can't fault him for that.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 270
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


  • Sanders was good, Jim Brown was great, Barrys dad agrees


    and barry sanders dad was an expert how exactly, because he was a Jim Brown Fan?

    taking absolutely nothing away from Jim Brown, but in his day he was a man playing amongst boy's...

    Put Barry behind the Dallas O Line, put Emmitt Behind Sanders O line, and you'd see Emmitt's rushing record shattered by A LOT and Dickersons single season record as well.... so your post should read Jim Brown great, Barry Sanders GOAT....
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4605
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • NorCal wrote:can't fault him for that.


    Can't blame OJ Simpson, either, apparently.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

    I get it, you hate the Niners (I do too) but your stupidity is really killing common sense
    Shaz
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 409
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


  • Shaz wrote:Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

    I get it, you hate the Niners (I do too) but your stupidity is really killing common sense


    Who said that? Nobody that I see. I said they're all around even, but said IF there's any one of the three that is a level above, it's Sanders. He's already considered one of the best 3 RBs ever, if not greatest of all time, and he was on a crappy team his whole career. Being able to play most or all of your career on a great overall team makes it a lot easier to break those records, and get those rings. Most of the 49ers fans are holding Barry Sanders's lack of rings against him. It's a team game.

    My Niner hate is not the reason I'm saying this. Seriously.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

    I get it, you hate the Niners (I do too) but your stupidity is really killing common sense


    Who said that? Nobody that I see. I said they're all around even, but said IF there's any one of the three that is a level above, it's Sanders. He's already considered one of the best 3 RBs ever, if not greatest of all time, and he was on a crappy team his whole career. Being able to play most or all of your career on a great overall team makes it a lot easier to break those records, and get those rings. Most of the 49ers fans are holding Barry Sanders's lack of rings against him. It's a team game.

    My Niner hate is not the reason I'm saying this. Seriously.


    He was on a crappy team the whole time? Hmmmm, he really wasn't. That early 90's Detroit team was actually pretty damn good until the Front Office blew it up for some odd reason, if they would have stuck with that team, the Lions challenge the Cowboys and Niners for NFC supremacy in those years
    Shaz
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 409
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


  • Shaz wrote:He was on a crappy team the whole time? Hmmmm, he really wasn't. That early 90's Detroit team was actually pretty damn good until the Front Office blew it up for some odd reason, if they would have stuck with that team, the Lions challenge the Cowboys and Niners for NFC supremacy in those years


    Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Detroit did what they've been doing for a long time; show a glimpse of skill, then find a way to screw it up.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • I'd rather have Kaep on the cover than Barry or AD.

    Get that curse going :stirthepot:
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11388
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • I vote Adrian Peterson. 'Cuz he'll be brought up from the minor leagues team and playing for the Seahawks in 2 years like Bevell, Rice, and Harvin...
    kigenzun
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 394
    Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 pm


  • kigenzun wrote:I vote Adrian Peterson. 'Cuz he'll be brought up from the minor leagues team and playing for the Seahawks in 2 years like Bevell, Rice, and Harvin...


    He's a year older than Beast Mode. He'll be 30 in two years. No thanks.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • I was joking.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 394
    Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 pm


  • I'm glad it's Barry. No Hawks, no Niners, no curse for either of us.

    As to the great debate going on - I agree with Roland (it pains me to say that) that Joe, Jerry, and Barry are equals in my book. All GOATs as far as I'm concerned.

    Okay, someone shoot me now for agreeing with Roland. Please. :sarcasm_on:
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


  • kigenzun wrote:I was joking.


    He knows. He was just making sure everyone else knew, too.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8975
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • RIP Barry Sanders #maddencurse #itsreal #rolandknowsithejustscurred
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • AbsolutNET wrote:He knows. He was just making sure everyone else knew, too.


    You really need to get rid of your hard-on over me. It's not like there was anything in his post suggesting it was a joke.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ




It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online