Hasselbeck #8 again!

Jsolo

Reaction score
Check this out:

[youtube]rTKYx89PqdM[/youtube]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Might have been set up (if not, wow), but still awesome.

Hass is the man.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Shoot, it seems like it was only yesterday when Hasselbeck was a Seahawk. (Although Russell Wilson has made it stunningly easy to put Matt in the rear view mirror.) So by the time we meet Colts this season, I wonder how many of our guys can say they were his teammates in blue and green. With all the "compete" turnover we've had since PC took the reigns, I'm guessing it's only around a dozen. Let's find out, shall we? (Despite the fact it's Sunday, the library is closed, and I can't call them for reference desk assistance.)

As an overhaul reference point, PC was hired in 2010. Matt Hasselbeck's last year was the 2010 regular season (the season of the infamous Beastquake vs Saints in the playoffs -- January 2011). So that means we need to view the 2010 roster and compare it the current roster, current offseason non-finalized roster and all.

Common players I'm seeing, Hasselbeck's 2010 team vs today, are:

M. Lynch
M. Robinson
G. Tate
B. Giacomini
R. Okung
C. Clemson
B. Mebane
K. Chancellor
E. Thomas
W. Thurmond
J. Ryan
R. Bryant
A. McCoy
M. Unger

Hill and Trufant would also on the list, but they figure to be shown the door soon, so excluded them. So unless I missed any names (and I'm sure I missed a couple), only 14 current Seahawks played with Hasselbeck. Well, I guess that'll be nice for Matt to see at least a dozen familiar faces come October 6.

P.S. The "coaching style" section on the Pete Carroll Wikipedia entry sure juices me up reading it.

dbmack

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has spent some time with Hasselbeck and will be a familiar face even if they didn't play together.

Latest posts