Seattle being sabatoged from within

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Seattle being sabatoged from within
Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:12 am
  • So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook- ... 8370823859

Something pretty insane though is, if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, you will see the most likely friends of each team. If you root for the Hawks, you may also have friends that root for these teams:

(in order)

1. Dallas
    2. Pitts
    3. Green Bay
    4. Oakland
    5. NE

REALLY?? I thought it was quite odd how the teams I feel Hawks fans hate the most, seem to befriend people who like these teams the most. Pretty cool and weird statistic.

*Also, I am aware that these are some of the most bandwagoned teams out there, but it still shocked me that, in that order, it seems to also be a list of most hated teams by seahawks fans.

**Side side note: SEA did not break the top 5 for any other teams friends. Small market.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Re: Seattle being sabatoged from within
Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:22 am
  • Cartire wrote:So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

Something pretty insane though is, if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, you will see the most likely friends of each team. If you root for the Hawks, you may also have friends that root for these teams:

(in order)

1. Dallas
    2. Pitts
    3. Green Bay

Arguably the 3 biggest bandwagon teams in the NFL. Kind of makes sense.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 am
  • Cartire wrote:So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

(in order)

1. Dallas
    2. Pitts
    3. Green Bay
    4. Oakland
    5. NE

REALLY?? I thought it was quite odd how the teams I feel Hawks fans hate the most, seem to befriend people who like these teams the most. Pretty cool and weird statistic.

*Also, I am aware that these are some of the most bandwagoned teams out there, but it still shocked me that, in that order, it seems to also be a list of most hated teams by seahawks fans.

**Side side note: SEA did not break the top 5 for any other teams friends. Small market.

The 3 most popular teams in NFL history, followed by another west coast team that was popular because of the color black, and then the winningest team of the past 15 years....nothing odd there.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

(in order)

1. Dallas
    2. Pitts
    3. Green Bay

Doesn't the word "bandwagon" signify massive amounts of people that jump on during the good times? I'd say if you took this poll in 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005 these would be the top teams during those years as well. Which would be the opposite of bandwagon.

Now teams like NE and the Saints? That's bandwagon. 20 years ago no one gave a crap about those teams, wasn't until they starting winning that people jumped on the bandwagon.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 am
  • Glad to see we're not good ol' pals with SF.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:36 am
  • I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am
  • RockHawk wrote:I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

The fact that our most hated teams our also some of our closest friends. The title is a sarcastic pun, but if you want me to change it I can. I thought the data was seahawks relevant enough.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

(in order)

1. Dallas
    2. Pitts
    3. Green Bay

Doesn't the word "bandwagon" signify massive amounts of people that jump on during the good times? I'd say if you took this poll in 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005 these would be the top teams during those years as well. Which would be the opposite of bandwagon.

Now teams like NE and the Saints? That's bandwagon. 20 years ago no one gave a crap about those teams, wasn't until they starting winning that people jumped on the bandwagon.

Out of all the things to talk about and discuss from this thread, you choose to nitpick how I used the word bandwagon?

C'mon man! :lol:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Out of all the things to talk about and discuss from this thread, you choose to nitpick how I used the word bandwagon?

C'mon man! :lol:

No worries, I was just confused with that word when you listed three of the most hardcore fan bases in the league. Carry on.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 am
  • RockHawk wrote:I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

Hey Boss, I don't have any doubts, NFL it is.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

Hey Boss, I don't have any doubts, NFL it is.

Entire topic is about Seahawks fans data, and its moved to NFL? So should we start reporting all topics that mention another team within the same sentence as the hawks? Im obviously being facetious, but the nick picking is getting a tad ridiculous.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am
  • Cartire wrote:Entire topic is about Seahawks fans data, and its moved to NFL? So should we start reporting all topics that mention another team within the same sentence as the hawks? Im obviously being facetious, but the nick picking is getting a tad ridiculous.

*Nitpicking
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 am
  • So we've had topic police, definition police and now spelling police in one thread (a cool thread in my opinion too).

Nice. :roll:

twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:38 pm
  • Well you know keep your freinds close and your enemies closer..............

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:44 pm
  • You lost me at "Facebook."
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:30 pm
  • Being in the military, I work with people from all over the country. Sadly, this Facebook study proves what I already knew to be true. There are way too many Cowboys and Steelers fans. At least half have never lived in Texas or Pennsylvania. And worse yet, I'm friends with a bunch of them.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 pm
  • I have two friends that are diehard Broncos fans. I have two work-friends that are Rams fans (though one just converted to Seahawks fandom last month). One of my best friends is a Packers fan. I've known a few Raiders fans. Good friend in high school that I haven't talked to since 1999 was a diehard Steelers fan. So I guess I kind of support that survey of teams. I am surprised that Denver didn't make the list though. There are an unusually high number of Seattle transplants in Denver and vice-versa.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:38 pm
  • The article got me curious about the total number of teams fan "likes" on Facebook, but it didn't list the numbers. So if anyone is interested, I did the research myself. Obviously not everyone uses Facebook, but this is a pretty good indicator of the popularity rankings of teams.

1. DAL - 5,368,803
    2. PIT - 4,839,880
    3. NE - 4,010,613
    4. GB - 3,455,906
    5. NO - 2,931,739
    6. CHI - 2,695,688
    7. NYG - 2,635,958
    8. PHI - 2,020,708
    9. OAK - 1,883,558
    10. SF - 1,815,345
    11. IND - 1,673,643
    12. DEN - 1,516,775
    13. NYJ - 1,494,875
    14. BAL - 1,470,248
    15. MIN - 1,417,508
    16. MIA - 1,313,483
    17. SD - 1,211,135
    18. WAS - 1,100,232
    19. ATL - 1,010,071
    20. SEA - 857,452
    21. DET - 851,946
    22. HOU - 850,363
    23. KC - 661,040
    24. CIN - 639,663
    25. CLE - 628,770
    26. CAR - 566,095
    27. TB - 542,933
    28. ARI - 542,427
    29. TEN - 522,826
    30. BUF - 430,088
    31. STL - 410,859
    32. JAX - 303,979
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 am
  • Awesome! In the last map of the study where the Hawks are still on there, we picked up a county in the south part of North Dakota! Do we have any players from there?
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 pm

(in order)

1. Dallas
    2. Pitts
    3. Green Bay
    4. Oakland
    5. NE
    What do they all have in common? super bowls, don't worry Seattle you will not be irrelevant forever

Rude144
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 am
  • Cartire wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

The fact that our most hated teams our also some of our closest friends. The title is a sarcastic pun, but if you want me to change it I can. I thought the data was seahawks relevant enough.

twisted_steel2 wrote:So we've had topic police, definition police and now spelling police in one thread (a cool thread in my opinion too).

Nice. :roll:

Coming back to the topic...which was what??? I actually don't understand how it relates to the OP and I fail to see the sarcasm in it. How are we being "sabotaged from within"? Are our tickets being bought up by other team's fans and thus infiltrating our stadium to root for the other team?

It can be said that EVERY fan has friends that root for other teams. And in no case are there NFCW teams in the top 5 of those friends of fans of any one NFCW team.

I'll turn off my red and blue lights and leave without writing a ticket now. (I think we need a "police" emoticon... :D)
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 pm
  • BlueTalons wrote:How are we being "sabotaged from within"?

Maybe the OP author was having flashbacks of when Flores was still on Al Davis' payroll in 92-94.
    FIRE CABLE!
    BASF
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information