Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Seattle being sabatoged from within
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:12 am 
NET Veteran

So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook- ... 8370823859

Something pretty insane though is, if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, you will see the most likely friends of each team. If you root for the Hawks, you may also have friends that root for these teams:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay
4. Oakland
5. NE

REALLY?? I thought it was quite odd how the teams I feel Hawks fans hate the most, seem to befriend people who like these teams the most. Pretty cool and weird statistic.

*Also, I am aware that these are some of the most bandwagoned teams out there, but it still shocked me that, in that order, it seems to also be a list of most hated teams by seahawks fans.

**Side side note: SEA did not break the top 5 for any other teams friends. Small market.

Post subject: Re: Seattle being sabatoged from within
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:22 am 
NET Veteran

Cartire wrote:
So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

Something pretty insane though is, if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, you will see the most likely friends of each team. If you root for the Hawks, you may also have friends that root for these teams:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay

Arguably the 3 biggest bandwagon teams in the NFL. Kind of makes sense.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 am 
NET Veteran

Cartire wrote:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay
4. Oakland
5. NE

REALLY?? I thought it was quite odd how the teams I feel Hawks fans hate the most, seem to befriend people who like these teams the most. Pretty cool and weird statistic.

*Also, I am aware that these are some of the most bandwagoned teams out there, but it still shocked me that, in that order, it seems to also be a list of most hated teams by seahawks fans.

**Side side note: SEA did not break the top 5 for any other teams friends. Small market.

The 3 most popular teams in NFL history, followed by another west coast team that was popular because of the color black, and then the winningest team of the past 15 years....nothing odd there.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am 
NET Veteran

twisted_steel2 wrote:
Cartire wrote:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay

Doesn't the word "bandwagon" signify massive amounts of people that jump on during the good times? I'd say if you took this poll in 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005 these would be the top teams during those years as well. Which would be the opposite of bandwagon.

Now teams like NE and the Saints? That's bandwagon. 20 years ago no one gave a crap about those teams, wasn't until they starting winning that people jumped on the bandwagon.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 am 
NET Rookie

Glad to see we're not good ol' pals with SF.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:36 am 
* NET Landlord *

I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am 
NET Veteran

RockHawk wrote:
I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

The fact that our most hated teams our also some of our closest friends. The title is a sarcastic pun, but if you want me to change it I can. I thought the data was seahawks relevant enough.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:40 am 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:
twisted_steel2 wrote:
Cartire wrote:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay

Doesn't the word "bandwagon" signify massive amounts of people that jump on during the good times? I'd say if you took this poll in 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005 these would be the top teams during those years as well. Which would be the opposite of bandwagon.

Now teams like NE and the Saints? That's bandwagon. 20 years ago no one gave a crap about those teams, wasn't until they starting winning that people jumped on the bandwagon.

Out of all the things to talk about and discuss from this thread, you choose to nitpick how I used the word bandwagon?

C'mon man! :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 am 
NET Veteran

twisted_steel2 wrote:

Out of all the things to talk about and discuss from this thread, you choose to nitpick how I used the word bandwagon?

C'mon man! :lol:

No worries, I was just confused with that word when you listed three of the most hardcore fan bases in the league. Carry on.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 am 
* NET Radish *

RockHawk wrote:

Hey Boss, I don't have any doubts, NFL it is.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 am 
NET Veteran

The Radish wrote:
RockHawk wrote:

Hey Boss, I don't have any doubts, NFL it is.

Entire topic is about Seahawks fans data, and its moved to NFL? So should we start reporting all topics that mention another team within the same sentence as the hawks? Im obviously being facetious, but the nick picking is getting a tad ridiculous.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am 
NET Starter

Cartire wrote:
Entire topic is about Seahawks fans data, and its moved to NFL? So should we start reporting all topics that mention another team within the same sentence as the hawks? Im obviously being facetious, but the nick picking is getting a tad ridiculous.

*Nitpicking

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 am 
NET Veteran

So we've had topic police, definition police and now spelling police in one thread (a cool thread in my opinion too).

Nice. :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Well you know keep your freinds close and your enemies closer..............

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:44 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

You lost me at "Facebook."

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran

Being in the military, I work with people from all over the country. Sadly, this Facebook study proves what I already knew to be true. There are way too many Cowboys and Steelers fans. At least half have never lived in Texas or Pennsylvania. And worse yet, I'm friends with a bunch of them.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I have two friends that are diehard Broncos fans. I have two work-friends that are Rams fans (though one just converted to Seahawks fandom last month). One of my best friends is a Packers fan. I've known a few Raiders fans. Good friend in high school that I haven't talked to since 1999 was a diehard Steelers fan. So I guess I kind of support that survey of teams. I am surprised that Denver didn't make the list though. There are an unusually high number of Seattle transplants in Denver and vice-versa.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:38 pm 
NET Veteran

The article got me curious about the total number of teams fan "likes" on Facebook, but it didn't list the numbers. So if anyone is interested, I did the research myself. Obviously not everyone uses Facebook, but this is a pretty good indicator of the popularity rankings of teams.

1. DAL - 5,368,803
2. PIT - 4,839,880
3. NE - 4,010,613
4. GB - 3,455,906
5. NO - 2,931,739
6. CHI - 2,695,688
7. NYG - 2,635,958
8. PHI - 2,020,708
9. OAK - 1,883,558
10. SF - 1,815,345
11. IND - 1,673,643
12. DEN - 1,516,775
13. NYJ - 1,494,875
14. BAL - 1,470,248
15. MIN - 1,417,508
16. MIA - 1,313,483
17. SD - 1,211,135
18. WAS - 1,100,232
19. ATL - 1,010,071
20. SEA - 857,452
21. DET - 851,946
22. HOU - 850,363
23. KC - 661,040
24. CIN - 639,663
25. CLE - 628,770
26. CAR - 566,095
27. TB - 542,933
28. ARI - 542,427
29. TEN - 522,826
30. BUF - 430,088
31. STL - 410,859
32. JAX - 303,979

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 am 
NET Veteran

Awesome! In the last map of the study where the Hawks are still on there, we picked up a county in the south part of North Dakota! Do we have any players from there?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Cartire wrote:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay
4. Oakland
5. NE
What do they all have in common? super bowls, don't worry Seattle you will not be irrelevant forever

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 am 
NET Veteran

Cartire wrote:
RockHawk wrote:

The fact that our most hated teams our also some of our closest friends. The title is a sarcastic pun, but if you want me to change it I can. I thought the data was seahawks relevant enough.

twisted_steel2 wrote:
So we've had topic police, definition police and now spelling police in one thread (a cool thread in my opinion too).

Nice. :roll:

Coming back to the topic...which was what??? I actually don't understand how it relates to the OP and I fail to see the sarcasm in it. How are we being "sabotaged from within"? Are our tickets being bought up by other team's fans and thus infiltrating our stadium to root for the other team?

It can be said that EVERY fan has friends that root for other teams. And in no case are there NFCW teams in the top 5 of those friends of fans of any one NFCW team.

I'll turn off my red and blue lights and leave without writing a ticket now. (I think we need a "police" emoticon... :D)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 pm 
NET Veteran

BlueTalons wrote:
How are we being "sabotaged from within"?

Maybe the OP author was having flashbacks of when Flores was still on Al Davis' payroll in 92-94.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]