Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Jersey Percentages
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:20 am 
NET Rookie

Anyone know what are the typical percentages of Jersey sales that actually goes to the seller/shop, Nike, The Team, The Player?

i.e.
Elite jersey $250

$60 - Shop
$160 - Nike
$25 - Team
$5 - Player?

Just curious how much of the Jersey sales actually benefit the team and players vs lining Nike's pockets.

Post subject: Re: Jersey Percentages
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:25 am 
NET Veteran

I imagine that the NFLPA gets a cut and distributes to the players. Not sure if it's done based on how many jerseys are sold or if it's spread out across the playerbase.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 am 
NET Veteran

Im pretty sure the NFL take the biggest cut because of licensing. Which then breaks down a small amount to team. I dont think Nike gets more the 40% if even that.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:22 am 
NET Veteran

And That's why I just orderd and received 5 jerseys from china for $140. They have their flaws specifically the White Harvin Jersey where the feathers on the numbers are dark blue and teal. Why teal IDK but it almost ruins the fact I have an awesome Elite HArvin Jersye. But that's what you get when you pay 10% the price the NFL and Nike want you to pay.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:44 am 
NET Veteran

From Askmen.com

Quote:
In a good year, a typical NFL team makes about $5 million off merchandise sales, which worldwide totaled $3.2 billion in 2006. However, because of a wacky economic scheme, the teams don’t benefit all that much, sharing only about 12% of the wholesale price of an item. So, based on that number, when a superstar’s jersey is sold, each team gets 11 cents a piece.

The profits of a jersey are shared amongst ALL the teams. Every team gets a share of every Russell Wilson or RGIII jersey sold.

IIRC that this rule really pissed off Al Davis and Jerry Jones because the Raiders and Cowboys sell WAY more gear than other franchises, but only get an equal 1/32 of the profits.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:53 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wenhawk wrote:
And That's why I just orderd and received 5 jerseys from china for $140. They have their flaws specifically the White Harvin Jersey where the feathers on the numbers are dark blue and teal. Why teal IDK but it almost ruins the fact I have an awesome Elite HArvin Jersye. But that's what you get when you pay 10% the price the NFL and Nike want you to pay.

True but you're rolling around in a teal hawks jersey. That's foul.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:54 am 
NET Rookie

Basis4day wrote:
From Askmen.com

Quote:
In a good year, a typical NFL team makes about $5 million off merchandise sales, which worldwide totaled $3.2 billion in 2006. However, because of a wacky economic scheme, the teams don’t benefit all that much, sharing only about 12% of the wholesale price of an item. So, based on that number, when a superstar’s jersey is sold, each team gets 11 cents a piece.

The profits of a jersey are shared amongst ALL the teams. Every team gets a share of every Russell Wilson or RGIII jersey sold.

IIRC that this rule really pissed off Al Davis and Jerry Jones because the Raiders and Cowboys sell WAY more gear than other franchises, but only get an equal 1/32 of the profits.

Oh God. Meanwhile I was happily buying authentics HOPING a reasonable amount of the money went to our team and players and it's like nothing.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Wenhawk wrote:

THe jersey is white, and everything looks really good, the little feather looking things embedded in the numbers are what is the wrong color. From afar it doesn't look so teal/sky blue but up close it's obvious.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

I remember reading an article on this a few years ago on one of the major sports news websites, it said most players don't get a cut of actual sales, only the superstars do. Not sure how accurate it was, but I guess it makes sense. Same thing in Hollywood; gotta be a big name to get percentages and not straight checks.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 am 
NET Starter

Wenhawk wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Wenhawk wrote:

THe jersey is white, and everything looks really good, the little feather looking things embedded in the numbers are what is the wrong color. From afar it doesn't look so teal/sky blue but up close it's obvious.

link?

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]