Premature Analysis: 2013 Breakout Team?

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, like everything I do, this is premature. But, its what I do. What team do you think will take a huge leap in 2013?

I got two; the Browns and the Chargers. The Browns have had the talent for a few years now. Weeden, although being English's highest-rated QB in last years draft, is still a question mark. But, I think he can throw it enough to carve out some wins.

The Chargers have a good/great defense last year, its the offense that struggled. I think McCoy will certainly make their offense better...he made a Tebow offense work. Plus, that division is pretty horrible.

Also, Reid may be able to do a Harbaugh turn around in KC. The situation is almost identical, all the way down to the QB. KC is oozong with talent.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
My first instinct was KC, but Reid is liable to ignore Jamaal Charles just as every other KC coach seemed to do. Still, they have the goods to make it work.

Think you have to account for New Orleans taking back the NFC South division. Carolina might end up being pretty damn good, too.

Reaction score
Rams. Two moderate draft picks in the first round and a pretty solid roster all around as it is. I expect them to be in contention for the NFC-West title this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Rams, but I am probably a year early on this one. I think they overtake the Niners for 2nd best in the West.

I like the Dolphins to make noise, with the Jets and Bills going backwards. I feel like the Dolphins are setting up well for 2014 and beyond.

The Panthers have a decent D, and I like them to scare the Falcons.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good call on the Phins. Who knew Mr Mackey was a good coach? But, he most certainly is, despite Irelands best meddling efforts.

Just a gut feel, but I think the Rams stay at 8 wins, tops, next year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":kbzu1olc said:
Good call on the Phins. Who knew Mr Mackey was a good coach? But, he most certainly is, despite Irelands best meddling efforts.

I might be a year early. everything they do to get better on the o-line seems undone by losing receivers.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I agree lookout for the Rams. I really like the D line, and that place kicker will give you fits if you let the score hang close

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I feel like any of the four NFC South teams has the potential to win 10+ games next year.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3tvw83i2 said:
I feel like any of the four NFC South teams has the potential to win 10+ games next year.

Word. I consider all of them good, but am not sure if any will be a true contender. Tampa has acquired some serious talent. And, while he's easy to rip, Cam has the makings of a guy who can carry a team. I cant see Cam staying in loserville too long.

That's a fun division to watch, for sure.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
I have the same feeling about the Browns, good rb, talent on D, and a 2nd yr Qb. with the decline of the ravens and steelers i think they battle the bengals for the division.

I also have a wierd feeling about the eagles.

Rat

Reaction score
Jaguars.

The offense should be a lot better with Maurice Jones-Drew coming back from injury, and the continued progression of WRs Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts, along with year 3 of the very unfairly bashed Blaine Gabbert. The defense has talent, although Gus Bradley will be challenged to get a consistent pass rush out of it. The team also plays in a division that I'm not especially impressed with.

razor150

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1r4uz6fr said:
pehawk":1r4uz6fr said:

I might be a year early. everything they do to get better on the o-line seems undone by losing receivers.

The Rams didn't really have any receivers last year, the one they did have was injury prone. The Rams need some receivers badly for Bradford. Though I think they rightly focused on trying to get him upright in free agency.

I think the Chargers will have a break out year. Norv Turner was to much of a drag on that team.

kearly

Reaction score
Panthers. Their 2012 season was a near clone of Seattle's 2011 season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
kearly":3ihpb1vg said:
Panthers. Their 2012 season was a near clone of Seattle's 2011 season.

I was about so say Panthers, they finished pretty damn strong.

And even though their GM is a complete moron, I'll go with the Dolphins too. I'm a believer in Tannehill and they have surrounded him with talent, on paper they look like a break out team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
razor150":2a8lj1uy said:
Scottemojo":2a8lj1uy said:
pehawk":2a8lj1uy said:

The Rams didn't really have any receivers last year, the one they did have was injury prone. The Rams need some receivers badly for Bradford. Though I think they rightly focused on trying to get him upright in free agency.

I think the Chargers will have a break out year. Norv Turner was to much of a drag on that team.
Gibson and Amendola are still backwards steps. No Jackson in the backfield. It will take Fisher 3 years to restock the shelves.

SE174

Reaction score
The Outfield":khapa3pr said:
Raiders if Flynn turns out to be legit.
Hahahahahahaha, no.

Even if Flynn were near Russell status, the Raiders wouldn't be better than 8-8 with the roster they have. The only things they break out in is hives and fights.