Making the case for Antoine Winfield and T-Jack

Seaman

Reaction score
Good read! I wonder if TJack would even want to entertain the idea of a comeback? And Winfield gets me all sorts of excited!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I can dig it. Not sure I'm willing to give Winfield big bucks though. If he comes at a reasonable figure I'm all for it.

I'd love to have TJ back for backup money. He's a solid #2 kinda guy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I dont want either. I want those picks we have to get put to use. Now, they probably will if our FO stays consistent, but I would like to see youth continuing to develop. Winfield maybe because we have plenty of cap room for a one year deal, but no TJack. I like HIM, but I can't remember being able to make a sandwich in the time that a QB dropped back before deciding to run with any other QB. That rose my BP at least 40 points.

drdiags

Reaction score
Looks like the team decided to pick the worse rated guy in the article for QB. Maybe they misread the article, those slackers. I figured Kearly was trolling RichNH.

Now let me try my magic. I think Winfield goes back to the Vikings (I tend to have things go opposite of what I predict).

mrblitz

Reaction score
i would want a good backup; so t-jack wouldn't fit.

he's a great guy, but his play here left me nonplussed.

somewhere out there, there's got to be a better backup qb than him.

Subzero717

Reaction score
mrblitz":3hjz3ff9 said:

This is my last T-Jack defense post. I promise. You would want out of a back up to win, half of the starts. T-Jack is that. The four guys that just worked out are not. Back ups aren't good or they'd be starting. He knows the offense and his teamates respect him. If for no other reason Kearly is on board.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":esyrm1wf said:
mrblitz":esyrm1wf said:

This is my last T-Jack defense post. I promise. You would want out of a back up to win, half of the starts. T-Jack is that. The four guys that just worked out are not. Back ups aren't good or they'd be starting. He knows the offense and his teamates respect him. If for no other reason Kearly is on board.

It's probably a moot point now, but even if the Hawks wanted T-Jack back, there's no guarantee he would want to come back. I don't think he was too happy about the way the QB competition was handled last year. Also, if Buffalo he at least has a chance to start. That's not going to happen in Seattle.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
If T-Jack is released during the final cuts, I think he's on a plane to Seattle within an hour. I should have mentioned this in my article, but I could have guaranteed you that Seattle wouldn't have traded for T-Jack before the draft. That's what JS referred to when he said he didn't want to have his hands tied before the draft comes around. Sending a pick for Tjack would effectively do that.

pehawk

Reaction score
So, you think Quinn becomes expendable the second TJack's cut?

I'm down.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Reading those Vikings fans comments, it sounds like we are finally starting to get some payback for the Hutch debacle. All those Vikings fans that said "Get over it, just accept our FO is better than yours" feel the pain now.

As opposed to all the Seahawks going to the Lions that were not very good, these players going from the Vikings to the Seahawks sting a bit.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Yup. All that pain and blame from the hutch poison pill feels healed now, it really does. I used to hate the Vikings. Now I actually feel empathy for them.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2xkblvd4 said:
Reading those Vikings fans comments, it sounds like we are finally starting to get some payback for the Hutch debacle. All those Vikings fans that said "Get over it, just accept our FO is better than yours" feel the pain now.

As opposed to all the Seahawks going to the Lions that were not very good, these players going from the Vikings to the Seahawks sting a bit.
Yeah, when we face them and Rice, Harvin and Winfield help us stomp the crap outta them, I will consider payback complete for the Hutch debacle.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be awesome if Paul Allen told John Schneider this right after he was hired...

PA: "I'll stay out of the way John, I've got the utmost confidence in you and Coach Carroll, but just one thing. Make the Vikings pay for the Poison Pill travesty. And I'm not talkin about signing Nate Burlson! Let them understand that you don't play dirty with the Seattle Seahawks!"

JS: "You kiddin? I used to be a Green Bay guy Paul, that is of course before I discovered the wondrous nirvana that is Seattle. Hating the Vikings is in my blood!"

The two shake hands and have a mutual understanding to never speak of the moment ever again.

I want to believe that's what happened so bad!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't feel empathy or sympathy for the Vikings, but I no longer feel like teabagging their team logo when I wake up every morning.