Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Marvin49 wrote:
loafoftatupu wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.



Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.


Nope....but they did only lose 4 games, 1 less than the Seahawks.


That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol


Last edited by The Outfield on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 111
pehawk wrote:
Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.


With stats like that, how could anyone argue against the point?

Someone could just as easily say Seahawks fans are 90% bandwagon as has been proven on sites like Reddit where the subscriber rate of their subreddit jumped more than 3x this year and half of them don't even know who this "Matt Hasselhoff" character is.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
pehawk wrote:
Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.


Its always funny to me how on every site I ever go to the fans of the teams they hate the most are always the "least knowledgable fans".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
The Outfield wrote:
That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol


...yet enough to win the NFC West.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
loafoftatupu wrote:
Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.

I think running the ball went out the window once the 'Hawks went 17+ points on the 49ers after the special teams breakdown in the 42-13 loss. I think all OC's to a certain extent change up the game plans for each opponent. You can run a lot of regular pistol formation pass plays, or you can run the *same* pass and run plays from regular one back or weak I formations too. It's stil basically the same pass or run concept play. For example a sweep from a one back formation is the same concept as a sweep from a pistol formation. So what I think is he just called the plays from formations *other than* the pistol formation, and still had the same basic plays in that he would have in any game against any opponent in the regular season.

Giedi


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
QuickLightning wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.


With stats like that, how could anyone argue against the point?

Someone could just as easily say Seahawks fans are 90% bandwagon as has been proven on sites like Reddit where the subscriber rate of their subreddit jumped more than 3x this year and half of them don't even know who this "Matt Hasselhoff" character is.


LOL. "Matt Hasselhoff".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
loafoftatupu wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.



Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.

yeah, even in their best seasons, they couldn't do it consistenty.

Giedi


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Marvin49 wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol


...yet enough to win the NFC West.


Again... by half a game? Not that impressive.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
The Outfield wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol


...yet enough to win the NFC West.


Again... by half a game? Not that impressive.


...and yet still a half game better than the team that supposedly IS impressive.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am
Posts: 1805
Marvin49 wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?


Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.


We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.


Last edited by razor150 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Auburn, WA
Giedi wrote:
loafoftatupu wrote:
Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.

I think running the ball went out the window once the 'Hawks went 17+ points on the 49ers after the special teams breakdown in the 42-13 loss. I think all OC's to a certain extent change up the game plans for each opponent. You can run a lot of regular pistol formation pass plays, or you can run the *same* pass and run plays from regular one back or weak I formations too. It's stil basically the same pass or run concept play. For example a sweep from a one back formation is the same concept as a sweep from a pistol formation. So what I think is he just called the plays from formations *other than* the pistol formation, and still had the same basic plays in that he would have in any game against any opponent in the regular season.

Giedi


Giedi!!! So you finally made it.. LOL

ehh... The way I see it, both teams were prepared to play Niner/Seahawk football and they didn't use too much of it knowing that. It just puts the QB at risk with all those athletic LB'ers and secondary players.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
razor150 wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?


Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.


We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though heh 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.


I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

I would call the off-season free agency almost even, between the two teams, but the big deal comming down the pike will be the draft. Whoever wins those sweepstakes will take the NFC West divison. And nobody will know who won that round till regular season begins and how the rookies perform in regular games.

Giedi


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
loafoftatupu wrote:
Giedi wrote:
loafoftatupu wrote:
Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.

I think running the ball went out the window once the 'Hawks went 17+ points on the 49ers after the special teams breakdown in the 42-13 loss. I think all OC's to a certain extent change up the game plans for each opponent. You can run a lot of regular pistol formation pass plays, or you can run the *same* pass and run plays from regular one back or weak I formations too. It's stil basically the same pass or run concept play. For example a sweep from a one back formation is the same concept as a sweep from a pistol formation. So what I think is he just called the plays from formations *other than* the pistol formation, and still had the same basic plays in that he would have in any game against any opponent in the regular season.

Giedi


Giedi!!! So you finally made it.. LOL

ehh... The way I see it, both teams were prepared to play Niner/Seahawk football and they didn't use too much of it knowing that. It just puts the QB at risk with all those athletic LB'ers and secondary players.


Thanks to you Laofo! I'm sure you twisted arms to get me here. I promise to behave myself! ;)

The teams know each other so well, I can see your point. Useless to use the pistol on somebody who knows how to defend it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
razor150 wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?


Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.


We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.


...and the 'hawks couldn't beat Atlanta whom the Niners eliminated from the playoffs, needed a miracle to beat the Packers (a team the 49ers beat handily TWICE), actually managed to LOSE once to Arizona, and actually managed to lose to both Miami and Detroit....two teams the Niners beat.

Seriously. We can do this all day.

All the Ram talk does is prove my point. Any given sunday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2645
The reason he dialed it back is because he had to study his lines for his up coming role on tv.


Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am
Posts: 1805
Giedi wrote:
I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

I would call the off-season free agency almost even, between the two teams, but the big deal comming down the pike will be the draft. Whoever wins those sweepstakes will take the NFC West divison. And nobody will know who won that round till regular season begins and how the rookies perform in regular games.

Giedi


That is the truth. I believe both teams have improved during the off season, and both QBs will be much better with last years experience behind them. Personally I don't believe the series will end in a sweep. The division will very likely come down to who does better in division. The Cards, though not many want to admit it, have improved a lot just by getting a legitimate QB who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, and the Rams, who gave both our teams fits last year, if they can get Bradford some weapons their offense could become dangerous.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Auburn, WA
Giedi wrote:


Thanks to you Laofo! I'm sure you twisted arms to get me here. I promise to behave myself! ;)

The teams know each other so well, I can see your point. Useless to use the pistol on somebody who knows how to defend it.


No, it was not due to me. You are in on your own.

Im sure the guys here are going to LOVE you. :)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
razor150 wrote:
Giedi wrote:
I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

I would call the off-season free agency almost even, between the two teams, but the big deal comming down the pike will be the draft. Whoever wins those sweepstakes will take the NFC West divison. And nobody will know who won that round till regular season begins and how the rookies perform in regular games.

Giedi


That is the truth. I believe both teams have improved during the off season, and both QBs will be much better with last years experience behind them. Personally I don't believe the series will end in a sweep. The division will very likely come down to who does better in division. The Cards, though not many want to admit it, have improved a lot just by getting a legitimate QB who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, and the Rams, who gave both our teams fits last year, if they can get Bradford some weapons their offense could become dangerous.


Now THAT I can agree with.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
loafoftatupu wrote:
Giedi wrote:


Thanks to you Laofo! I'm sure you twisted arms to get me here. I promise to behave myself! ;)

The teams know each other so well, I can see your point. Useless to use the pistol on somebody who knows how to defend it.


No, it was not due to me. You are in on your own.

Im sure the guys here are going to LOVE you. :)


Total side note....even as a Niner fan....

...your avatar made me laugh. LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am
Posts: 1805
Marvin49 wrote:
razor150 wrote:
We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.


...and the 'hawks couldn't beat Atlanta whom the Niners eliminated from the playoffs, needed a miracle to beat the Packers (a team the 49ers beat handily TWICE), actually managed to LOSE once to Arizona, and actually managed to lose to both Miami and Detroit....two teams the Niners beat.

Seriously. We can do this all day.

All the Ram talk does is prove my point. Any given sunday.


My point is that saying "We beat somebody you lost to" doesn't mean crap. We beat teams you didn't as well. All that matters is head to head, you barely beat us and we spanked you. I am not saying that is a division changer, but depending on how the season goes this year it could very well be looked back on and seen as one. I am not even making excuses for why my team lost to the Cards, Dolphins, Lions, and Falcons, even though I could be giving legitimate ones for it, like you have for your teams losses. All four of those games we had the chance to win, but didn't. It happens, sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Both of our teams had problems down the stretch with defensive injuries to major contributors. Our teams virtually had identical records, 11-5 to 11-4-1. The only reason your team won the division is because you didn't lose to the Rams, when we both know you really should have been swept by them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:29 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2266
I take it he didn't want to show his hand in the first half against Baltimore too?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
razor150 wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
razor150 wrote:
We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.


...and the 'hawks couldn't beat Atlanta whom the Niners eliminated from the playoffs, needed a miracle to beat the Packers (a team the 49ers beat handily TWICE), actually managed to LOSE once to Arizona, and actually managed to lose to both Miami and Detroit....two teams the Niners beat.

Seriously. We can do this all day.

All the Ram talk does is prove my point. Any given sunday.


My point is that saying "We beat somebody you lost to" doesn't mean crap. We beat teams you didn't as well. All that matters is head to head, you barely beat us and we spanked you. I am not saying that is a division changer, but depending on how the season goes this year it could very well be looked back on and seen as one. I am not even making excuses for why my team lost to the Cards, Dolphins, Lions, and Falcons, even though I could be giving legitimate ones for it, like you have for your teams losses. All four of those games we had the chance to win, but didn't. It happens, sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Both of our teams had problems down the stretch with defensive injuries to major contributors. Our teams virtually had identical records, 11-5 to 11-4-1. The only reason your team won the division is because you didn't lose to the Rams, when we both know you really should have been swept by them.


Oh. LOL. Is that "all that matters"?

That is kinda MY entire point. One game means nothing. The game got out of hand early. Cudos to the Seahawks for the win.

It doesn't mean that the Seahawks are hands down the better team. It means that they were the better team ON THAT DAY.

I mentioned the GB games, Atlanta...all of that not to say "we beat them, we're better. My entire point was that its Any Given Sunday.

If Kaep doesn't throw that wild pitch in St. Louis, the Niners would have won by 1.5 games. If David Akers can hit just 1 freakin field goal, it would have been another game.

I'm sure as Seattle fans you can see many similar circumstances in your games.

All I have ever been saying is that the 42-13 result you guys have been harping on means far less than you want it to.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
themunn wrote:
I take it he didn't want to show his hand in the first half against Baltimore too?


Clever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
We should create more of these threads and see how many 49ers fans we can get to waste their day fruitlessly defending their team. :stirthepot:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
The Outfield wrote:
We should create more of these threads and see how many 49ers fans we can get to waste their day fruitlessly defending their team. :stirthepot:


Cool. Sounds like fun.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 am
Posts: 511
Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
Lynch Mob wrote:
Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.


Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:26 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Olympia
Nice excuse you effing whiner. Can't wait to hear your next one!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm
Posts: 280
The statement doesnt even make sense... They were still in a fight for the division.. and the season only had 3 games left. What were teams going to pick up against the Seahawks they hadnt the other 13 games? Besides like someone else said. What does our offense scoring 42 points have to do with their inept attempt?

Their real offense with Alex Smith scores 13 at home.. their non real offense with Kaep can barely get a TD against our backups? Doesnt sound to promising for his game plan lol


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:31 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm
Posts: 280
Marvin49 wrote:
Lynch Mob wrote:
Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.


Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D



Its not like this was the first 3 games of the season.. I know you are a 49 homer, but are you that daft to believe something so far fetched? Like my last post.. maybe from a 49er fan.. what were they going to give away that people didnt already know?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:37 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 111
Teqneek wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
Lynch Mob wrote:
Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.


Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D



Its not like this was the first 3 games of the season.. I know you are a 49 homer, but are you that daft to believe something so far fetched? Like my last post.. maybe from a 49er fan.. what were they going to give away that people didnt already know?


Look at the Green Bay playoff game and you tell me, did it work? Did Green Bay gameplan incorrectly?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:39 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
I'm looking forward to next January: "The 9ers just dialed back their offense and defense this year so teams won't have them on tape in 2014!"

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am
Posts: 1036
QuickLightning wrote:
Teqneek wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
[quote="Lynch Mob"]Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.


Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D



Its not like this was the first 3 games of the season.. I know you are a 49 homer, but are you that daft to believe something so far fetched? Like my last post.. maybe from a 49er fan.. what were they going to give away that people didnt already know?


Look at the Green Bay playoff game and you tell me, did it work? Did Green Bay gameplan incorrectly?[/quote]

Green Bay gameplanned like they thought Alex Smith was still starting. Just because their coaching staff utterly failed to do their job, it doesn't constitute proof that this was all some master plan of San Francisco's to hide their playoff schemes over the last few weeks of the season.

To buy this argument you have to believe that SF--a team that, as Marvin so thoroughly pointed out, was suffering injuries to key players and exhausted after two straight road games--was willing to risk losing out on a badly-needed first round bye and even the chance to host a playoff game just to keep their cards close to the vest. Not buying it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm
Posts: 4651
Marvin49 wrote:
Lynch Mob wrote:
Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.


Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D


Sorry but you can't have it both ways. The idea that the playbook was scaled back gives your offense an excuse for getting crushed. You saying "Seattle won fair and square" is just giving a head-fake to good sportsmanship, and nobody is buying it.

ITA that one game doesn't mean a ton, but it was a hurtful, excruciating colon stomping by your division rival in a game that DID matter to SF's seeding and there is no chance anyone dialed it back. I understand some teams dial it back before the post-season, but those are generally teams that have the seeding locked up or are playing opponents they can beat without the entire playbook.

You piss and moan about how Seattle fans act like the game means so much, maybe that's warranted I don't know, but that's how rivalries go. The last team to win between WSU and UW gets to brag, especially if it's a reaming, and regardless of how the rest of the season went for the 2 teams. Deal with it. Coming on here and claiming we won fair and square out of one side of your mouth while making excuses and crying for Mommy out of the other is a big reason you see that win shoved in Niner fan faces so much.

Not all Niner fans because we have some cool ones on here. Just ones desperately grasping at some total BS news item as a fig leaf to cover the small weewees their team showed in the last game against their rivals.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:04 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
Shadowhawk wrote:
Green Bay gameplanned like they thought Alex Smith was still starting. Just because their coaching staff utterly failed to do their job, it doesn't constitute proof that this was all some master plan of San Francisco's to hide their playoff schemes over the last few weeks of the season.

To buy this argument you have to believe that SF--a team that, as Marvin so thoroughly pointed out, was suffering injuries to key players and exhausted after two straight road games--was willing to risk losing out on a badly-needed first round bye and even the chance to host a playoff game just to keep their cards close to the vest. Not buying it.


You not buying it doesn't make it less true.

I realize you guys don't pay as much attention to the 49ers, interviews with players and coaches and the like (I wouldn't expect you to), but its pretty common knowledge that the 49ers spent alot of time in the off week before the Packer game on installing a number of permiations of the Pistol and read-option. The offense they ran in Seattle was vanilla. That doesn't mean that they didn't try to win. It doesn't mean that they weren't throwing deep.

It also doesn't mean that the score would have been any different had they NOT been running a vanilla O. It just means that they kept some things in reserve for later games.

BTW...this isn't the first time they have done this. He often roles out exotic plays and then goes vanilla another week. He'll throw to a DT one week do nothing close to that the next.

This strategy worked against GB. They had no idea what was coming. It clearly DIDN'T work in Seattle. Had it cost them the division it would have been a huge mistake. Thankfully, it didn't and they surprised the hell out of GB. I just remember the stunned look on Clay Mattews face after the game saying that they hadn't seen any of that stuff on tape.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
hawk45 wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
Lynch Mob wrote:
Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.


Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D


Sorry but you can't have it both ways. The idea that the playbook was scaled back gives your offense an excuse for getting crushed. You saying "Seattle won fair and square" is just giving a head-fake to good sportsmanship, and nobody is buying it.

ITA that one game doesn't mean a ton, but it was a hurtful, excruciating colon stomping by your division rival in a game that DID matter to SF's seeding and there is no chance anyone dialed it back. I understand some teams dial it back before the post-season, but those are generally teams that have the seeding locked up or are playing opponents they can beat without the entire playbook.

You piss and moan about how Seattle fans act like the game means so much, maybe that's warranted I don't know, but that's how rivalries go. The last team to win between WSU and UW gets to brag, especially if it's a reaming, and regardless of how the rest of the season went for the 2 teams. Deal with it. Coming on here and claiming we won fair and square out of one side of your mouth while making excuses and crying for Mommy out of the other is a big reason you see that win shoved in Niner fan faces so much.

Not all Niner fans because we have some cool ones on here. Just ones desperately grasping at some total BS news item as a fig leaf to cover the small weewees their team showed in the last game against their rivals.


What I'm saying is that the playbook was scaled back but even that isn't enough to account for a 42-13 drubbing. The scaled back playbook isn't the reason they lost.

Kaeps worst game as a pro, the defense not getting off the bus plus Special Teams nightmares were the reason they lost.

I'm not saying that Seattle isn't good. I'm not saying the win for you guys wasn't a big deal. I'm just saying it doesn't mean all some of you think it means.

A good example...

In 2010 the Bucs came into Candlestick after the Niners had begun a bit of a resurgence with Troy Smith at QB. The Bucs CRUSHED the Niners 21-0. The next year the Bucs came back.....and the Niners won 48-3.

I guess the message here is "slow down". Seattle is better than TB by alarge margin. I'm just saying that game proved exactly nothing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:56 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am
Posts: 1036
Marvin49 wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote:
Green Bay gameplanned like they thought Alex Smith was still starting. Just because their coaching staff utterly failed to do their job, it doesn't constitute proof that this was all some master plan of San Francisco's to hide their playoff schemes over the last few weeks of the season.

To buy this argument you have to believe that SF--a team that, as Marvin so thoroughly pointed out, was suffering injuries to key players and exhausted after two straight road games--was willing to risk losing out on a badly-needed first round bye and even the chance to host a playoff game just to keep their cards close to the vest. Not buying it.


You not buying it doesn't make it less true.

I realize you guys don't pay as much attention to the 49ers, interviews with players and coaches and the like (I wouldn't expect you to), but its pretty common knowledge that the 49ers spent alot of time in the off week before the Packer game on installing a number of permiations of the Pistol and read-option. The offense they ran in Seattle was vanilla. That doesn't mean that they didn't try to win. It doesn't mean that they weren't throwing deep.

It also doesn't mean that the score would have been any different had they NOT been running a vanilla O. It just means that they kept some things in reserve for later games.

BTW...this isn't the first time they have done this. He often roles out exotic plays and then goes vanilla another week. He'll throw to a DT one week do nothing close to that the next.

This strategy worked against GB. They had no idea what was coming. It clearly DIDN'T work in Seattle. Had it cost them the division it would have been a huge mistake. Thankfully, it didn't and they surprised the hell out of GB. I just remember the stunned look on Clay Mattews face after the game saying that they hadn't seen any of that stuff on tape.


You haven't proven that it is true. If you are correct that Roman came up with some new tricks for the Packers game, good for him. But the Yahoo article that launched this thread wasn't talking about Roman's game plan for the Packers game, it was making the claim A) that he dialed back the playbook in the last two games of the season and B) did it to keep from showing his hand to potential playoff teams. Not the same thing; for all we know, Roman sat down after the regular season and said, "the usual stuff isn't working. I need to try something new." All you have proved is that he tried some new things in the playoffs. You haven't proven that he ran a "vanilla O" to end the regular season. And the reason why I am skeptical that he did is because that would be a very foolish thing to do with a division title and a first-round bye up for grabs.

You're right that I don't pay as much attention to the 49ers as you do, but I have been a Seahawks season ticket holder for 14 years, and I can honestly say I have never seen a quarterback look so rattled and shaken as Kaepernick looked last December. I don't say it to slam him--I expect he will put together a much better game in Seattle this season--but he looked completely lost out there. What you call a vanilla gameplan, I call the result of a quarterback who, for that game at least, was completely overmatched.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 111
Shadowhawk wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote:
Green Bay gameplanned like they thought Alex Smith was still starting. Just because their coaching staff utterly failed to do their job, it doesn't constitute proof that this was all some master plan of San Francisco's to hide their playoff schemes over the last few weeks of the season.

To buy this argument you have to believe that SF--a team that, as Marvin so thoroughly pointed out, was suffering injuries to key players and exhausted after two straight road games--was willing to risk losing out on a badly-needed first round bye and even the chance to host a playoff game just to keep their cards close to the vest. Not buying it.


You not buying it doesn't make it less true.

I realize you guys don't pay as much attention to the 49ers, interviews with players and coaches and the like (I wouldn't expect you to), but its pretty common knowledge that the 49ers spent alot of time in the off week before the Packer game on installing a number of permiations of the Pistol and read-option. The offense they ran in Seattle was vanilla. That doesn't mean that they didn't try to win. It doesn't mean that they weren't throwing deep.

It also doesn't mean that the score would have been any different had they NOT been running a vanilla O. It just means that they kept some things in reserve for later games.

BTW...this isn't the first time they have done this. He often roles out exotic plays and then goes vanilla another week. He'll throw to a DT one week do nothing close to that the next.

This strategy worked against GB. They had no idea what was coming. It clearly DIDN'T work in Seattle. Had it cost them the division it would have been a huge mistake. Thankfully, it didn't and they surprised the hell out of GB. I just remember the stunned look on Clay Mattews face after the game saying that they hadn't seen any of that stuff on tape.


You haven't proven that it is true. If you are correct that Roman came up with some new tricks for the Packers game, good for him. But the Yahoo article that launched this thread wasn't talking about Roman's game plan for the Packers game, it was making the claim A) that he dialed back the playbook in the last two games of the season and B) did it to keep from showing his hand to potential playoff teams. Not the same thing; for all we know, Roman sat down after the regular season and said, "the usual stuff isn't working. I need to try something new." All you have proved is that he tried some new things in the playoffs. You haven't proven that he ran a "vanilla O" to end the regular season. And the reason why I am skeptical that he did is because that would be a very foolish thing to do with a division title and a first-round bye up for grabs.

You're right that I don't pay as much attention to the 49ers as you do, but I have been a Seahawks season ticket holder for 14 years, and I can honestly say I have never seen a quarterback look so rattled and shaken as Kaepernick looked last December. I don't say it to slam him--I expect he will put together a much better game in Seattle this season--but he looked completely lost out there. What you call a vanilla gameplan, I call the result of a quarterback who, for that game at least, was completely overmatched.


Here's your stats to back up the point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -formation

They ran 9% of their plays from the Pistol in Seattle and only 2 snaps against Arizona... that figure jumped up to 45.3 in Green Bay and 54.9% in Atlanta. I think it is pretty obvious looking at those numbers they were trying to set Green Bay up to game plan for a more generic offense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
Shadowhawk wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote:
Green Bay gameplanned like they thought Alex Smith was still starting. Just because their coaching staff utterly failed to do their job, it doesn't constitute proof that this was all some master plan of San Francisco's to hide their playoff schemes over the last few weeks of the season.

To buy this argument you have to believe that SF--a team that, as Marvin so thoroughly pointed out, was suffering injuries to key players and exhausted after two straight road games--was willing to risk losing out on a badly-needed first round bye and even the chance to host a playoff game just to keep their cards close to the vest. Not buying it.


You not buying it doesn't make it less true.

I realize you guys don't pay as much attention to the 49ers, interviews with players and coaches and the like (I wouldn't expect you to), but its pretty common knowledge that the 49ers spent alot of time in the off week before the Packer game on installing a number of permiations of the Pistol and read-option. The offense they ran in Seattle was vanilla. That doesn't mean that they didn't try to win. It doesn't mean that they weren't throwing deep.

It also doesn't mean that the score would have been any different had they NOT been running a vanilla O. It just means that they kept some things in reserve for later games.

BTW...this isn't the first time they have done this. He often roles out exotic plays and then goes vanilla another week. He'll throw to a DT one week do nothing close to that the next.

This strategy worked against GB. They had no idea what was coming. It clearly DIDN'T work in Seattle. Had it cost them the division it would have been a huge mistake. Thankfully, it didn't and they surprised the hell out of GB. I just remember the stunned look on Clay Mattews face after the game saying that they hadn't seen any of that stuff on tape.


You haven't proven that it is true. If you are correct that Roman came up with some new tricks for the Packers game, good for him. But the Yahoo article that launched this thread wasn't talking about Roman's game plan for the Packers game, it was making the claim A) that he dialed back the playbook in the last two games of the season and B) did it to keep from showing his hand to potential playoff teams. Not the same thing; for all we know, Roman sat down after the regular season and said, "the usual stuff isn't working. I need to try something new." All you have proved is that he tried some new things in the playoffs. You haven't proven that he ran a "vanilla O" to end the regular season. And the reason why I am skeptical that he did is because that would be a very foolish thing to do with a division title and a first-round bye up for grabs.

You're right that I don't pay as much attention to the 49ers as you do, but I have been a Seahawks season ticket holder for 14 years, and I can honestly say I have never seen a quarterback look so rattled and shaken as Kaepernick looked last December. I don't say it to slam him--I expect he will put together a much better game in Seattle this season--but he looked completely lost out there. What you call a vanilla gameplan, I call the result of a quarterback who, for that game at least, was completely overmatched.



LOL. OK, you went there. ;-)

MAN am I tired of hearing that Kaep was SHAKEN. No. He wasn't. Did he play well? No. Did he have issues getting the ball off on time? Yes. That is much more a function tho of the way the offense works and an inability to get plays in on-time....and neither of those is a compliment to the 49ers.

Russell Wilson played HORRIBLY in SF, but I don't think he was shaken. He simply didn't play well.

On any given snap, then 49ers get to the line, run a number of shifts (more than any other NFL team), and then call out "Let it Roll", or "Kill, Kill, Kill". Essentially, they ALWAYS have 2 plays called in the huddle. The point here is to wait for the D to declare and run the clock all the way down to a few seconds before snapping the ball. Alex Smith became a master at this, but it wasn't always so. Harbaugh actually had THREE plays at the line for Andrew Luck at Stanford. We'll see if he does the same with Kaep now that he gets a full off-season as the starter. This differs from the conventional Audible system. This is something that happens on every single snap...PLUS they have audibles.

Very often, especially on the road, there wasn't enough time to get the call in, relay it, get the shifts in...and then get the ball off. This did not only happen in Seattle and actually is one of the reasons the 49ers lost the Super Bowl. They had a QB run set and Kaep likely would have scored on that final series but he couldn't get the ball off. They also had to call a timeout earlier in the half because of it and they could desparately have used it at the end of the game.

None of this was because he was "shaken". Seattle fans like to say that it was, largely because they see their own QB as unshakable and would like to use it as a point of emphasis when comparing the two QBs.

Kaep doesn't get shaken. If you knew much about him, you'd understand that. He didn't shake when opened the game with a pick 6 vs Green Bay, he didn't get shaken down 17 points in Atlanta, and he didn't shake when down 22 points in the Super Bowl. Don't believe me? how about Terrell Suggs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj_9ackcS6k

Alot of the issues he had getting the ball off all season were mostly related to inexperience, not being shaken. Lets not forget that the Super Bowl was ONLY his 10th NFL start. That's unheard of.


Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
QuickLightning wrote:
Here's your stats to back up the point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -formation

They ran 9% of their plays from the Pistol in Seattle and only 2 snaps against Arizona... that figure jumped up to 45.3 in Green Bay and 54.9% in Atlanta. I think it is pretty obvious looking at those numbers they were trying to set Green Bay up to game plan for a more generic offense.


This. It was also all over the media in the days after the GB game what the OC had been doing. There is no guarantee that the 49ers would have been any more successful had they run so many plays from the Pistol vs Seattle. Not using the formation isn't the reason they lost. They SHOULD have been able to compete in that game with a more conventional offense. They didn't.

That doesn't change the fact that the 49ers were scaling back the playbook.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
Posts: 891
Location: Camano Island, WA
RW had the playbook significantly limited until the second half of the season. From that point on it became evident that the Seahawks had found their FIRST ever franchise QB (the 49-er's have had several back in the day). That is what makes this fan very jacked up for the coming seasons. Look at RW's stats from the first half vs the second half to see why. I liked Kaepernick when he was available in the draft, but our guys thankfully went in a different direction. I will say that Kaepernick has a pretty good chance to be a *very good* QB, but the Seahawks have a QB that has a chance to be a *great* QB as he continues to improve and excell at the position. That's what has all of us Seahawks fans really, really excited.

_________________
<--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:41 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
How often did they run out of pistol prior to the Hawks game?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 111
AbsolutNET wrote:
How often did they run out of pistol prior to the Hawks game?


Up to 30.9% of the plays, according to the article. Peaking in week 14 against Miami then dropping back down for NE, Seattle and Arizona respectively as they approached the playoffs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:48 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
AbsolutNET wrote:
How often did they run out of pistol prior to the Hawks game?


Not nearly as much as they did in the playoffs but more than they did vs Seattle and Arizona. Whats more, they ran DIFFERENT plays out of the Pistol.

All anyone is saying is that they scaled back the playbook at the end of the season and then opened it up in the playoffs. That is NOT an excuse for their performance in Seattle.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Okay, now I loathe Abs as much as the 49er fans defending their gimmick.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
CamanoIslandJQ wrote:
RW had the playbook significantly limited until the second half of the season. From that point on it became evident that the Seahawks had found their FIRST ever franchise QB (the 49-er's have had several back in the day). That is what makes this fan very jacked up for the coming seasons. Look at RW's stats from the first half vs the second half to see why. I liked Kaepernick when he was available in the draft, but our guys thankfully went in a different direction. I will say that Kaepernick has a pretty good chance to be a *very good* QB, but the Seahawks have a QB that has a chance to be a *great* QB as he continues to improve and excell at the position. That's what has all of us Seahawks fans really, really excited.


See this stuff just amazes me.

Wilson can be great but Kaep only "very good"? Based on what? Kaep took his team to the Super Bowl in his 10th freakin start. Is Wilson the only one who can improve. It seems like this conversation is always that somehow Wilson will continue to improve till he is the second coming of Jesus Christ (unless he is already that) and that Kaep is a pretender who will obviously decline (jeez, who doesn't know that?).

I think both guys have the potential to be the among the best in the NFL. I understand liking the QB who's on your team, but dude....Kaep has a chance to be INCREDIBLE.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:55 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
pehawk wrote:
Okay, now I loathe Abs as much as the 49er fans defending their gimmick.


"gimmick"?

You mean the Pistol? the same one Seattle runs?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:56 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
Marvin49 wrote:
AbsolutNET wrote:
How often did they run out of pistol prior to the Hawks game?


Not nearly as much as they did in the playoffs but more than they did vs Seattle and Arizona. Whats more, they ran DIFFERENT plays out of the Pistol.

All anyone is saying is that they scaled back the playbook at the end of the season and then opened it up in the playoffs. That is NOT an excuse for their performance in Seattle.


What you're saying is they ran it considerably more in the playoffs than at any point during the regular season. By your argument, they scaled back the playbook the entire season.

They ran it so much against GB because early on they realized that Dom Capers is a dinosaur that had no idea how to stop something he hadn't faced before in his career. SF didn't take over that game until they decided to stick with it after getting down early. Or, let me guess, the OC "scaled it back" during the 1st quarter, too?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Marvin49 wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Okay, now I loathe Abs as much as the 49er fans defending their gimmick.


"gimmick"?

You mean the Pistol? the same one Seattle runs?


No, gimmick as in being a 49er fan. My GF's a Seahawks fan, but like you, she doesn't know the game either.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
pehawk wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Okay, now I loathe Abs as much as the 49er fans defending their gimmick.


"gimmick"?

You mean the Pistol? the same one Seattle runs?


No, gimmick as in being a 49er fan. My GF's a Seahawks fan, but like you, she doesn't know the game either.


Dude. Seriously? Attacking my knowledge of the game? Really? Thats just sad.

Football is my passion. I record the freakin draft and have since 1990. I got no prob testing what I do or do not know.

I've been a Niner fan since 1984. Thats seeing alot of great football followed by some horrific football. The best part is that I appreciate the success much more now than I did when I first became a fan because I didn't experience the lean years. This time I got to see the process of turning it around. I also see that winning the offseason doesn't often turn into winning in the regular season.

I'll stand on my knowledge of the game against just about anyone. I also wouldn't be bold enough to challenge anyone elses knowledge simply because they are a fan of a different team.


Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ferg82, MichaelHawk70 and 30 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.