49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • It might have the slightest chance of being believable if we hadn't creamed the Cardinals 58-0 and Bills 50-17 in the previous two games. What an idiot.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I HATE the 49er fans. They bring NOTHING.

I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

No, not really. I'm a NFL fan, so I discuss other topics. You 49er fans simply post to defend the "honor" of your team. All you can do is tilt windmills, sweetie.

Contribute to the board in general, buttercup.
    Last edited by pehawk on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Marvin49 wrote:You guys are funny. ;-)

All he said was that he dialed back the playcalling. He didn't say they weren't trying to win. His point was only that they weren't going to show off their entire offense for playoff teams to prepare for.

...and it worked.

Yes, they lost in Seattle...but all they had to do was beat Arizona to take the NFCW. Even if they lost both games, they'd still have been a wildcard....

No, Marvin, you guys are funny. For the last three months all we've heard from 49er fans about their loss to the Hawks is "well, they had to fly across country after playing a road game" and "the defense doesn't substitute and was on the field for 90 plays." Now all of a sudden it doesn't matter if they got the #2 seed or even win the division? Please.

The only evidence you have presented that SF dialed back their offense to save it for the playoffs is that fewer plays were called for the Pistol formation. The author of that Yahoo piece makes the assumption that this was done because they didn't want to show their hand for the postseason, but the reality is that there are many possible reasons why this was done. Maybe New England's defensive personnel matched up well against a Pistol. Maybe they knew the crowd noise in Seattle would have Kaepernick curled up in the fetal position crying for his mommy all game long. There are a lot of reasons why Roman may have gameplanned differently the last few weeks of the season. You're making the assumption that it was done just to save it for the playoffs just because it makes your OC look good. In that regard you're no more objective than anyone else on this board.

Here are the facts: the Niners called fewer plays in the Pistol formation over the last three weeks of the season. They had not locked up the #2 seed or the division until week 17. It seems likely that they changed their gameplan for reasons that had nothing to do with "saving it for the postseason," because doing that before they had locked up even a division title could have easily put them in a much riskier position and jeopardized their postseason chances.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Marvin49 wrote:

Then leave.

If the tables were turned and our OC said this after you guys whooped us, you'd call BS too.

I'm still waiting to hear your DC's excuse for getting 42 put up on him. Did he just drop back into cover 4 every play?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• The Outfield wrote:It might have the slightest chance of being believable if we hadn't creamed the Cardinals 58-0 and Bills 50-17 in the previous two games. What an idiot.

Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

No, not really. I'm a NFL fan, so I discuss other topics. You 49er fans simply post to defend the "honor" of your team. All you can do is tilt windmills, sweetie.

Contribute to the board in general, buttercup.

Awwww....you called me sweetie. ;-)
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Then leave.

If the tables were turned and our OC said this after you guys whooped us, you'd call BS too.

I'm still waiting to hear your DC's excuse for getting 42 put up on him. Did he just drop back into cover 4 every play?

Seahawks beat the Niners fair and square that day. I think I've said that more than once.

The D never showed up to play that day and the pass defense was never the same after the second half comeback by NE.

All I have been trying to say here is that the 42-13 loss doesn't mean all you guys seem to think it means. I'm not suggesting the Niners should have won a game they were blown out in. I'm not suggesting that the 49ers taked the game. OF COURSE they wanted to win it. Seeing the way Kaep reacted after the game is more evidense that they were dissappointed by the result.

All thats being said is that the 49ers scaled back the offense. This isn't the first time the issue has come up...this is just the first time it was the OC who admitted it. Notice that he didn't use that as an excuse. The WRITER did.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:It might have the slightest chance of being believable if we hadn't creamed the Cardinals 58-0 and Bills 50-17 in the previous two games. What an idiot.

Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.

Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:All I have been trying to say here is that the 42-13 loss doesn't mean all you guys seem to think it means. I'm not suggesting the Niners should have won a game they were blown out in. I'm not suggesting that the 49ers taked the game. OF COURSE they wanted to win it. Seeing the way Kaep reacted after the game is more evidense that they were dissappointed by the result.

All thats being said is that the 49ers scaled back the offense. This isn't the first time the issue has come up...this is just the first time it was the OC who admitted it. Notice that he didn't use that as an excuse. The WRITER did.

Enlighten us. What does it mean?
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie

• Marvin49, try adding to a thread which doesn't involve you fluffing Harbaugh and the gang. That's my point, sugarpants.

Its GREAT when other fans come and contribute to Seahawks posts and general NFL posts. But, from what I can tell, being a 49er can is a gimmick, like being a Raider fan. I've been to games each place, and each place the fans knew ZERO about the NFL. They're the "girlfriends" of the NFL...all they know is their local team and regurgitate what their man tells them.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• The Outfield wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:It might have the slightest chance of being believable if we hadn't creamed the Cardinals 58-0 and Bills 50-17 in the previous two games. What an idiot.

Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.

Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?

Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.

Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

That game was Buffalo @ San Francisco. Our game was Seattle @ Buffalo. There's a difference. Plus, you forgot about the Cardinals that the 49ers could only put 27 points on (if you can't do the math, that's less than half of 58)
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Right....

Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• pehawk wrote:Marvin49, try adding to a thread which doesn't involve you fluffing Harbaugh and the gang. That's my point, sugarpants.

Its GREAT when other fans come and contribute to Seahawks posts and general NFL posts. But, from what I can tell, being a 49er can is a gimmick, like being a Raider fan. I've been to games each place, and each place the fans knew ZERO about the NFL. They're the "girlfriends" of the NFL...all they know is their local team and regurgitate what their man tells them.

Oh please. All this crap I read about what fans of other teams supposedly knows about the fanbases of other teams is pure comedy.

I do like your nicknames BTW. ;-)

I've been a 49er fan since 1984. I saw the golden years and I saw them crash. I've followed the NFL in general since I was 11. I didn't come to your holy site to talk about the NFL in general. There are many other sites I'd choose before coming to this one if that were my goal. I'm here to talk to Seattle Seahawk fans about what is becoming one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL.

Seahawk fans come to Niner boards as well and I debate them just as I do here.

Now please get off the high horse.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:Right....

That game was Buffalo @ San Francisco. Our game was Seattle @ Buffalo. There's a difference. Plus, you forgot about the Cardinals that the 49ers could only put 27 points on (if you can't do the math, that's less than half of 58)[/quote]

Actually your game vs. was at virtually a neutral site.

Really...is this what we've come down to? Margin of victory? Is this college football now? The Niner dominated the Cards in both meetings....but I guess that's not good enough. You have to win by 40+ points for it to be impressive. SMH.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Right....

That game was Buffalo @ San Francisco. Our game was Seattle @ Buffalo. There's a difference. Plus, you forgot about the Cardinals that the 49ers could only put 27 points on (if you can't do the math, that's less than half of 58)

Actually your game vs. was at virtually a neutral site.

Really...is this what we've come down to? Margin of victory? Is this college football now? The Niner dominated the Cards in both meetings....but I guess that's not good enough. You have to win by 40+ points for it to be impressive. SMH.[/quote]

When we're debating whether or not SF tried to win, then yes margin of victory in the two previous games matters.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Right....

Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.

Nope....but they did only lose 4 games, 1 less than the Seahawks.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks obviously did the same thing through the whole Mora/Greg Knapp era.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:

Nope....but they did only lose 4 games, 1 less than the Seahawks.

That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol
    Last edited by The Outfield on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.

With stats like that, how could anyone argue against the point?

Someone could just as easily say Seahawks fans are 90% bandwagon as has been proven on sites like Reddit where the subscriber rate of their subreddit jumped more than 3x this year and half of them don't even know who this "Matt Hasselhoff" character is.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

• pehawk wrote:Kinda proving my point.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.

Its always funny to me how on every site I ever go to the fans of the teams they hate the most are always the "least knowledgable fans".
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol

...yet enough to win the NFC West.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.

I think running the ball went out the window once the 'Hawks went 17+ points on the 49ers after the special teams breakdown in the 42-13 loss. I think all OC's to a certain extent change up the game plans for each opponent. You can run a lot of regular pistol formation pass plays, or you can run the *same* pass and run plays from regular one back or weak I formations too. It's stil basically the same pass or run concept play. For example a sweep from a one back formation is the same concept as a sweep from a pistol formation. So what I think is he just called the plays from formations *other than* the pistol formation, and still had the same basic plays in that he would have in any game against any opponent in the regular season.

Giedi
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• QuickLightning wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Kinda proving my point.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.

With stats like that, how could anyone argue against the point?

Someone could just as easily say Seahawks fans are 90% bandwagon as has been proven on sites like Reddit where the subscriber rate of their subreddit jumped more than 3x this year and half of them don't even know who this "Matt Hasselhoff" character is.

LOL. "Matt Hasselhoff".
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:

yeah, even in their best seasons, they couldn't do it consistenty.

Giedi
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol

Again... by half a game? Not that impressive.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol

Again... by half a game? Not that impressive.

...and yet still a half game better than the team that supposedly IS impressive.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?

Right....

We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.
    Last edited by razor150 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

I think running the ball went out the window once the 'Hawks went 17+ points on the 49ers after the special teams breakdown in the 42-13 loss. I think all OC's to a certain extent change up the game plans for each opponent. You can run a lot of regular pistol formation pass plays, or you can run the *same* pass and run plays from regular one back or weak I formations too. It's stil basically the same pass or run concept play. For example a sweep from a one back formation is the same concept as a sweep from a pistol formation. So what I think is he just called the plays from formations *other than* the pistol formation, and still had the same basic plays in that he would have in any game against any opponent in the regular season.

Giedi

Giedi!!! So you finally made it.. LOL

ehh... The way I see it, both teams were prepared to play Niner/Seahawk football and they didn't use too much of it knowing that. It just puts the QB at risk with all those athletic LB'ers and secondary players.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• razor150 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?

Right....

We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though heh 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.

I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

I would call the off-season free agency almost even, between the two teams, but the big deal comming down the pike will be the draft. Whoever wins those sweepstakes will take the NFC West divison. And nobody will know who won that round till regular season begins and how the rookies perform in regular games.

Giedi
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Giedi

Giedi!!! So you finally made it.. LOL

ehh... The way I see it, both teams were prepared to play Niner/Seahawk football and they didn't use too much of it knowing that. It just puts the QB at risk with all those athletic LB'ers and secondary players.

Thanks to you Laofo! I'm sure you twisted arms to get me here. I promise to behave myself! ;)

The teams know each other so well, I can see your point. Useless to use the pistol on somebody who knows how to defend it.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• razor150 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Right....

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.

...and the 'hawks couldn't beat Atlanta whom the Niners eliminated from the playoffs, needed a miracle to beat the Packers (a team the 49ers beat handily TWICE), actually managed to LOSE once to Arizona, and actually managed to lose to both Miami and Detroit....two teams the Niners beat.

Seriously. We can do this all day.

All the Ram talk does is prove my point. Any given sunday.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The reason he dialed it back is because he had to study his lines for his up coming role on tv.

Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

I would call the off-season free agency almost even, between the two teams, but the big deal comming down the pike will be the draft. Whoever wins those sweepstakes will take the NFC West divison. And nobody will know who won that round till regular season begins and how the rookies perform in regular games.

Giedi

That is the truth. I believe both teams have improved during the off season, and both QBs will be much better with last years experience behind them. Personally I don't believe the series will end in a sweep. The division will very likely come down to who does better in division. The Cards, though not many want to admit it, have improved a lot just by getting a legitimate QB who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, and the Rams, who gave both our teams fits last year, if they can get Bradford some weapons their offense could become dangerous.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:

Thanks to you Laofo! I'm sure you twisted arms to get me here. I promise to behave myself! ;)

The teams know each other so well, I can see your point. Useless to use the pistol on somebody who knows how to defend it.

No, it was not due to me. You are in on your own.

Im sure the guys here are going to LOVE you. :)
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• razor150 wrote:
    Giedi wrote:I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

Giedi

That is the truth. I believe both teams have improved during the off season, and both QBs will be much better with last years experience behind them. Personally I don't believe the series will end in a sweep. The division will very likely come down to who does better in division. The Cards, though not many want to admit it, have improved a lot just by getting a legitimate QB who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, and the Rams, who gave both our teams fits last year, if they can get Bradford some weapons their offense could become dangerous.

Now THAT I can agree with.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

No, it was not due to me. You are in on your own.

Im sure the guys here are going to LOVE you. :)

Total side note....even as a Niner fan....

...your avatar made me laugh. LOL.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    razor150 wrote:We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

...and the 'hawks couldn't beat Atlanta whom the Niners eliminated from the playoffs, needed a miracle to beat the Packers (a team the 49ers beat handily TWICE), actually managed to LOSE once to Arizona, and actually managed to lose to both Miami and Detroit....two teams the Niners beat.

My point is that saying "We beat somebody you lost to" doesn't mean crap. We beat teams you didn't as well. All that matters is head to head, you barely beat us and we spanked you. I am not saying that is a division changer, but depending on how the season goes this year it could very well be looked back on and seen as one. I am not even making excuses for why my team lost to the Cards, Dolphins, Lions, and Falcons, even though I could be giving legitimate ones for it, like you have for your teams losses. All four of those games we had the chance to win, but didn't. It happens, sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Both of our teams had problems down the stretch with defensive injuries to major contributors. Our teams virtually had identical records, 11-5 to 11-4-1. The only reason your team won the division is because you didn't lose to the Rams, when we both know you really should have been swept by them.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

• I take it he didn't want to show his hand in the first half against Baltimore too?
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• razor150 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    razor150 wrote:We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

My point is that saying "We beat somebody you lost to" doesn't mean crap. We beat teams you didn't as well. All that matters is head to head, you barely beat us and we spanked you. I am not saying that is a division changer, but depending on how the season goes this year it could very well be looked back on and seen as one. I am not even making excuses for why my team lost to the Cards, Dolphins, Lions, and Falcons, even though I could be giving legitimate ones for it, like you have for your teams losses. All four of those games we had the chance to win, but didn't. It happens, sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Both of our teams had problems down the stretch with defensive injuries to major contributors. Our teams virtually had identical records, 11-5 to 11-4-1. The only reason your team won the division is because you didn't lose to the Rams, when we both know you really should have been swept by them.

Oh. LOL. Is that "all that matters"?

That is kinda MY entire point. One game means nothing. The game got out of hand early. Cudos to the Seahawks for the win.

It doesn't mean that the Seahawks are hands down the better team. It means that they were the better team ON THAT DAY.

I mentioned the GB games, Atlanta...all of that not to say "we beat them, we're better. My entire point was that its Any Given Sunday.

If Kaep doesn't throw that wild pitch in St. Louis, the Niners would have won by 1.5 games. If David Akers can hit just 1 freakin field goal, it would have been another game.

I'm sure as Seattle fans you can see many similar circumstances in your games.

All I have ever been saying is that the 42-13 result you guys have been harping on means far less than you want it to.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:I take it he didn't want to show his hand in the first half against Baltimore too?

Clever.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• We should create more of these threads and see how many 49ers fans we can get to waste their day fruitlessly defending their team. :stirthepot:
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:We should create more of these threads and see how many 49ers fans we can get to waste their day fruitlessly defending their team. :stirthepot:

Cool. Sounds like fun.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• Lynch Mob wrote:Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.

Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Nice excuse you effing whiner. Can't wait to hear your next one!
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie

• The statement doesnt even make sense... They were still in a fight for the division.. and the season only had 3 games left. What were teams going to pick up against the Seahawks they hadnt the other 13 games? Besides like someone else said. What does our offense scoring 42 points have to do with their inept attempt?

Their real offense with Alex Smith scores 13 at home.. their non real offense with Kaep can barely get a TD against our backups? Doesnt sound to promising for his game plan lol
    Teqneek
    NET Rookie

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Lynch Mob wrote:Damn and this guy wants to be a HC not to many teams would be cool with anyone giving up especially the coaches crazy stuff.

Is this too difficult a concept?

HE WASN'T GIVING UP. THEY DIDN'T LOSE ON PURPOSE. SEATTLE WON THE GAME FAIR AND SQUARE.

All he did was scale back the playbook in order to not show playoff opposition too much...something that most teams do but don't often admit.

Nice name BTW. :D

Its not like this was the first 3 games of the season.. I know you are a 49 homer, but are you that daft to believe something so far fetched? Like my last post.. maybe from a 49er fan.. what were they going to give away that people didnt already know?
    Teqneek
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information