Bengals sign Skelton

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I figured that Skelton would be done. Surprised by the Bengals move on him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Question: When is signing with the Bengals a move up?

Answer: When your last gig was qb of the cardinals

mikeak

Reaction score
Ironic so the guy that doesn't want to play for the Bengals is now the Arizona qb and the guy that isn't good enough to be an Arizona qb is now signed with the Bengals.......

Makes sense

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1fl8iiqe said:
Ironic so the guy that doesn't want to play for the Bengals is now the Arizona qb and the guy that isn't good enough to be an Arizona qb is now signed with the Bengals.......

Makes sense

And along the way, it cost the Raiders a 1st and 2nd rounder

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Did one of the Bengals waterboys retire? I didn't know they had a roster spot open.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2ndvi8m9 said:
^ HEY - don't ignore the CONDITIONAL 7th rounder they received back :)

Do you think Carson Palmer can play 13 games behind that Oline so they actually get that pick? :lol:

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":37kvr535 said:
mikeak":37kvr535 said:
^ HEY - don't ignore the CONDITIONAL 7th rounder they received back :)

Do you think Carson Palmer can play 13 games behind that Oline so they actually get that pick? :lol:

Actually I don't and I asked Sando if Oakland had insurance if he missed games due to injuries but didn't get a reply :)

I didn't know conditional 7th rounders were allowed. That can easily be a way to get around the waiver system. Hey we give a conditional if the guy throws for 20TDs and runs for 10in a year. Oh yeah he is a DB (ok exaggerated a bit but you get the point)

BASF

Reaction score
I love how we make fun of a QB that has a winning record against us. Is he a good QB? No, was he good enough to have a winning record against us in games he started? Yes.

NYCoug

Reaction score
BASF":1g36jdfp said:
I love how we make fun of a QB that has a winning record against us. Is he a good QB? No, was he good enough to have a winning record against us in games he started? Yes.

John Skelton is one of many mediocre quarterbacks over the years to give us fits. Hopefully that's a thing of the past with the future looking so bright. His Houdini-esque performances against us prior to last year are what made the 58-0 shellacking even sweeter. It's funny cause I like the guy since he played his college ball in the Bronx at Fordham. Small school, local guy... I gotta root for him! But man, seeing him slither out of a would be sack only to complete a pass to Fitz would drive me nuts! I actually hope he does well but he's stuck behind Dalton for now. Don't know if he'll ever see a starting QB job again in the league, unless it's through injury.

Cool name though.

mikeak

Reaction score
Found out that they didn't just trade the conditional 7th (I don't think that is even allowed). They also swapped a 6th round Arizona pick for a 7th round SF pick

Latest posts