U of Phoenix Stadium

ihawk

Reaction score
Have you ever been there? My 8-yr old son wants me to take him to AZ to watch the Seahawks destroy the Cards on their own turf this year. I'm curious how the fans there treat opposing fans and where in the stadium we should sit and where I should avoid.

I tried joining the Cards forum to ask the same question but got freaking denied. Tools.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd say it's gotta be one of the safest venues in the NFL. If the Cardinals ever start winning consistently, that will probably change, but right now; it's fine. However, it should not be your kid's first NFL game, if he hasn't been to one. There will definitely be some jeering and profanity thrown at you and him, and possibly some objects. No danger, but your son should have the "home experience" first, if he hasn't.

washmont

Reaction score
When went in 2009. We sat in front row along on the Seahawks side on the 35 yard line. We did not have any problems. I found I didn't like the stadium as much as other, seats are further from the field due to the fact they have to rool in the turf for each game. I actually enjoyed our trip to the Rams much more.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Just get him a Curt Warner jersey, might confuse them long enough that you won't get harassed.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
been there (back in Nov '09 - loss 31-20) and enjoyed the day with no major heckling or hassles...

Winterfell

Reaction score
Fans of opposing teams tend to be a bit more lenient if you have a child with you, but who knows. There will always be an A-hole that oversteps his boundaries. As long as your child knows that the ribbing is all in good fun, and that the people there are making fun more of his team, rather than a personal insult, he should be able to enjoy the game. He could do much worse than the Cardinals, like the Eagles, or the Raiders.

hawker84

Reaction score
it's a sad day when you have to concern yourselves with your kids safety at a ballgame from apposing fans... can't say as though i blame you though now adays...

Winterfell

Reaction score
hawker84":qb7xh76u said:
it's a sad day when you have to concern yourselves with your kids safety at a ballgame from apposing fans... can't say as though i blame you though now adays...

People getting drunk beyond all control, and stabbing one another...like that 49ers Falcons game.

OP
OP
I

ihawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. Re: a Warner jersey, my son wouldn't be caught dead. He got a Wilson jersey from his grandma for his birthday and we can barely get him to wear anything else. I can be certain he'll wear it to any actual game he goes to.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
UOPS is a fine place, you will be safe pretty much everywhere. I had endzone seats last year, the only fight was two Card fans with each other. It was tame compared to other road games. Get there early and there are some decent places to eat, and north east of the stadium less than a mile is free parking at a school with some shuttle rides. It is faster than getting out of the actual stadium parking lots, and if you skip the shuttle and walk back after the game, you will probably be out of the stadium area faster than 75 percent of the fans.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I have been to many a game in that stadium. Have sat all over the place.

The thing with most Cardinals fans that are at the games, is that they are not fans of football at all. They have no idea what is going on.

I have never had a problem there. Drunken idiots exist in every stadium, but I would not be too worried watching the Seahawks destroy the Tards in their own home.

mikeak

Reaction score
Just be ready for the questions.

You know like

Q: What is that?
A: It is called a quarterback

A: It is called a forward pass

Q: What is that
A: It is called a completed pass

A: It is called breaking a tackle

A: It is called Victory Formation

SeaMeat

Reaction score
mikeak":3czvdo33 said:
Just be ready for the questions.

You know like

A: It is called a quarterback

A: It is called a forward pass

A: It is called a completed pass

A: It is called breaking a tackle

A: It is called Victory Formation

And those questions are coming from the Cardinals fans!

CornerHawk

Reaction score
I've been there 3 times and never had a real problem. Just like anywhere you will probably get yelled at a bit but if you don't be an ass that's where it will end.

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
Winterfell":o3845grp said:
hawker84":o3845grp said:

People getting drunk beyond all control, and stabbing one another...like that 49ers Falcons game.
didn't they say it was actually two falcons fans that were involved in that stabbing? the dispute was over food and they were in the parking lot tailgating and not even watching the game.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[youtube]EUs70OZnqpc[/youtube]

The field itself is pretty sweet. Real grass, but they have it on rollers and it is maintained outside the stadium when not in use.

DHawk

Reaction score
Its a really nice stadium. Went there last season and the loudest people there were the Hawks fans; surprise! I was on the 50 yard line, row 12, visitors side. Great view of everything. The Cards fans around us were nice. Random teasing here and there but nothing serious. All in all it was a good experience.

Subzero717

Reaction score
There was a good sized brawl there in 2010. If you get good seats I think you're fine. Pretty much the same as amy stadium. These guys went to SF a few years back and had problems. They sat in nose bleeds. I used to go almost every year and had no problems. I sit in lower level.