Nnamdi Asomugha is a 9er... carson palmer is a card

Speakinhawk68

Reaction score
Well, what a crazy season this is turning out to be, I can't help but think how these players are helping shape there teams and push the nfc west to the forefront of the NFL.
What do you think about our chances of winning the west? I know we are favored to win it all, but lets be realistic, St. Louis was 4-1-1, Cards were stout on defense and were only really missing the qb on offense (enter Palmer), San Fran just picked up an aging but still talented CB. Very interesting times.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
And your thread is both redundant and in the wrong forum. If you bothered to check, it would be neither.

:biggthumpup:

Welcome to .NET!!!

Winterfell

Reaction score
There will be no easy wins given out by the NFC West. Our division is equivalent to Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":3tz81s6c said:
And your thread is both redundant and in the wrong forum. If you bothered to check, it would be neither.

:biggthumpup:

Welcome to .NET!!!
Harsh! True, but harsh.

Oh, and welcome.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I really don't think the Cards will be any good. I'm not convinced Palmer is a step up from Kolb at this point, and they drove their D-coordinator out of town. Arians won the sympathy vote for coach of the year, but he drew virtually no interest from the 7 or 8 other teams that had a vacancy at HC. He was also Arizona's second or third choice.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
DavidSeven":6ymd5umu said:
I really don't think the Cards will be any good. I'm not convinced Palmer is a step up from Kolb at this point, and they drove their D-coordinator out of town. Arians won the sympathy vote for coach of the year, but he drew virtually no interest from the 7 or 8 other teams that had a vacancy at HC. He was also Arizona's second or third choice.
Perhaps, but the only way to test that theory is to see how well they both do this year. Remember, we knocked Skelton out of the game in Week 1, and Kolb came in to finish the game, and the Tweetybirds went on to win their first four games, before Kolb got knocked out for basically the entire rest of the season. (I'm not sure exactly how close the Cards' success aligned with Kolb's health last season, but I'm sure it was pretty close.)

Right now, it's easy to forget all about the Tweetybirds as contenders of any kind this season, but if they strengthen their O-line, they might not be as big of a joke next season as we tend to think they will.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Palmer is a step up from John Skelton at any rate. If our pass rush inexplicably takes the day off like it did in Arizona for the season opener he could cause us some trouble.

There are still too many questions surrounding the Cardinals to call them contenders. (Will their defense continue to do well without Ray Horton? Can they put together a running game? How bad is that offensive line?) They are, however, good enough to trip up any team that overlooks them.