What happens if a team trades way a conditional pick...

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
that they were supposed to give another team? So all this Flynn trade talks got me thinking, supposedly we are getting a conditional 2015 low round pick as part of the deal. So because the exact round of that pick hasnt been decided yet, what happens if the raiders trade their 2015 5th round pick, but the pick they were supposed to give us for Flynn turns into a 5th round pick? Or say the pick turns into a 6th round pick because Flynn didnt start enough games, and the raiders trade way their 6th round pick to another team? Is their precedent for this, and what would happen? Would the raiders have to automatically give up their next highest pick?

kidhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1tibq276 said:
that they were supposed to give another team? So all this Flynn trade talks got me thinking, supposedly we are getting a conditional 2015 low round pick as part of the deal. So because the exact round of that pick hasnt been decided yet, what happens if the raiders trade their 2015 5th round pick, but the pick they were supposed to give us for Flynn turns into a 5th round pick? Or say the pick turns into a 6th round pick because Flynn didnt start enough games, and the raiders trade way their 6th round pick to another team? Is their precedent for this, and what would happen? Would the raiders have to automatically give up their next highest pick?

Although it is true that WE don't know what the conditional pick is or the conditions that get us whichever pick, but I'm quite sure that it is spelled out clearly in the trade agreement. All trades MUST go through the NFL. I assume that the NFL will not let you trade away picks that are in jeopardy of you not having to trade. I believe since the deal was first made with us, that any other trade that ended up involving that same pick would not be valid.