Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady

kearly

Reaction score
We have some pretty great Seahawks/Wilson videos out there right now, but I wish one of them was half as cool as this.

[youtube]ZIFQ8CZZw7Q[/youtube]

This video reminded me of something. Not only did both Brady/Wilson battle the odds to play in the NFL, but they weren't even wanted by their college coaches despite their excellence on the field. Michigan only begrudgingly played Tom Brady after giving Drew Henson every possible chance to take Brady's job. Why? Because Brady was some nobody and Henson was an all-american prospect. Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

I'd love to see a fan documentary like this for Wilson in ten years time. I think he's going to have a very similar career when it's all said and done.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Wow that video drips of epicness... Thanks for sharing bro. Only criticism is I wish it had more wide angle highlights in the middle of the video but everything else was top notch. Good find dude

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Wait till RW3 wins a few Super Bowls and cements his status as a legend. He'll get his videos.

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
I hate the Patriots more then most, but Brady is a HoFer and that was a beast video. My heart started to sink when it got to the SB36 highlight but luckily they hardly showed anything from it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":fu1ztm10 said:
We have some pretty great Seahawks/Wilson videos out there right now, but I wish one of them was half as cool as this.

[youtube]ZIFQ8CZZw7Q[/youtube]

Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

I'd love to see a fan documentary like this for Wilson in ten years time. I think he's going to have a very similar career when it's all said and done.

The two themes match only somewhat. Wilson's coach at NC state was rankled about Russ missing some of their off/pre season program because of baseball. I would give that the most weight in the decision to go with Glennon. Him being an All-American prospect just made the decision easier.

There's still plenty of material with which to right a documentary though. :cool:

OrFan

Reaction score
This is what a well made video looks like. The problem with the ones I have seen of Wilson is that they all have garbage music blaring in them that make a person have to mute it just to watch.

I think you will see a few good ones like this of Wilson done in a few years. They will be just as inspiring and will tell the story of someone doing well despite what the critics said.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
kearly":2kicsugd said:
Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

Um, no.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I found it interesting in the Super Bowl 37 highlights, when they showed the infamous "tuck" fumble, they edited out the parts that show Brady tripping up the lineman :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pocketprotector":1jo1q8ar said:
kearly":1jo1q8ar said:

Um, no.
The way I heard it was that when Wilson skipped spring practice to pursue baseball, they went with Glennon. Tom O'Brien was quick to say that Wilson lacked dedication to the program. The big but here is that rumors were they wanted Glennon to start anyway, Wilson was not recruited by that coaching staff. They were happy to move on, and quick to rescind Wilson's scholarship when they got the chance.

lesser known fact: Wilson almost went to Auburn instead of Wisconsin.

Besides, if you are going to disagree, post something besides a denial. that is something only a jerk like me would do.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think it was as devious as all that. Wilson was considering turning pro in baseball, and there was some question as to whether he would be back for his senior year of eligibility. At the same time, there was speculation that Glennon was considering transferring. Glennon also completed his degree in three years, going into his redshirt junior year, and could have also been a "free agent" the way Wilson was. Seemed to me that there was a very real possibility that they were going to lose both star QBs, so they made a difficult decision based on Glennon's extra year of eligibility and the uncertainty around Wilson's future in baseball.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
There are reasons to think they preferred Glennon and I always interpreted the baseball reasoning for letting Wilson go as an excuse by that coaching staff. Many college quarterbacks have dabbled in minor league baseball while still continuing their college football careers. It's not an either/or thing.

I'm not at all bashing those coaches. Just like the Michigan coaches, they were just doing what they thought was best for their program. Wilson was a total nobody that worked his way to being a starter, he was kind of like their Keith Price. If UW had the slightest excuse to ditch Price for any of their 4-star recruit backups right now I'm sure they'd pounce on it. I think Michigan truly believed that Henson was the better QB, because he was supposed to be the better QB. Same thing with Glennon.

That's why I made the comparison, because both had to deal with coaching staffs that wanted a more highly touted quarterback on that roster to start over them. That was a frustration that both quarterbacks had to deal with. Both Wilson and Brady play with a huge chip on their shoulders. It sounds like Russell Wilson talked about this aspect during his combine interviews based on what Carroll indicated. So in a way, their struggle for respect even in college was a part of what made both great.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
kearly":214dcwdz said:
There are reasons to think they preferred Glennon and I always interpreted the baseball reasoning for letting Wilson go as an excuse by that coaching staff. Many college quarterbacks have dabbled in minor league baseball while still continuing their college football careers. It's not an either/or thing.

I'm not at all bashing those coaches. Just like the Michigan coaches, they were just doing what they thought was best for their program. Wilson was a total nobody that worked his way to being a starter, he was kind of like their Keith Price. If UW had the slightest excuse to ditch Price for any of their 4-star recruit backups right now I'm sure they'd pounce on it. I think Michigan truly believed that Henson was the better QB, because he was supposed to be the better QB. Same thing with Glennon.

That's why I made the comparison, because both had to deal with coaching staffs that wanted a more highly touted quarterback on that roster to start over them. That was a frustration that both quarterbacks had to deal with. Both Wilson and Brady play with a huge chip on their shoulders. It sounds like Russell Wilson talked about this aspect during his combine interviews based on what Carroll indicated. So in a way, their struggle for respect even in college was a part of what made both great.

This is just foolish. Wilson was not a nobody after year his junior year. He was a legend. He had beat UNC thrice, including an ungodly thrashing his freshman year. He was approaching all of Rivers passing records. This had nothing to do with star rankings or the coaches wanting Glennon more. It was simple. Wilson had a contract with the Rockies and would not commit to playing another year of football. Glennon wanted a commitment or he was going to transfer. The coaches made that commitment, and only after finding out that he couldn't hit a curve ball did Wilson decide to give football another year. But a promise had already been made by a coach who was facing the possibility of having no serviceable qb's for the next two years. Your attempts to paint it up like Glennon was favored because he was a TOB recruit who had more recruiting stars is just plain ignorant.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I think you missed my point and are arguing purely on semantics. I'm not saying you are wrong on anything, but take a step back and try to consider the "gist" of what I mean rather than getting hung up on 1 detail. That coaching staff favored Glennon. They had some good reasons to. They undervalued Wilson. They had an excuse to move on, and they exercised it.

And since you are new I should say: don't go using attack words like "foolish," or at least be more careful about the tone when you do. That's a no-no. No reason to take it to that level. I know you may not have meant it personally, but this is the internet where things are often read in the worst possible light. Best to talk carefully just in case. Nobody likes E-fights.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgEQ2jHQn3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

my favorite of him

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The very first article I found about Wilson leaving NC state.
Russell Wilson is leaving N.C. State.

But apparently, he doesn't really want to.

Late last week, N.C. State announced in a statement that it had released the star quarterback from his scholarship. On Saturday, however, Russell said that he wasn't really "released" from anything; instead, the quarterback said, he was pushed out of the program by coach Tom O'Brien, who had seemingly has grown tired of Wilson's juggling act between football and minor-league baseball.

"I really want the fans, N.C. State alumni and most of all my teammates to know if I had been given an equal opportunity to compete for the starting job, I would not have asked for my release," Wilson told the Observer.

Wilson accepted the offer from the Rockies right after his father died. Surely some leeway on not playing spring ball could have been extended. Wilson's desire to play both sports was well known to Tom O'Brien, and O'Brien only chose to make an issue of it when Glennon threatened to walk.

The simple truth is this: What Wilson did at Wisconsin only helped him prove he was NFL ready. The faith he has inspired from people shortly after meeting him is astounding. It took Pete one minicamp to say Russell was competing for the starting job. It took the Wisconsin coach one practice to know he had someone special. I remember him saying that if the Seahawks had a fair competition, Wilson would absolutely win it. It took Coach Trestman a few minutes on the kid's couch when he came out of high school to think Wilson could someday play in the NFL.

So why was O'Brien the one guy who saw Wilson play first hand and was blind to what was in front of him?

Latest posts