Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9844
We have some pretty great Seahawks/Wilson videos out there right now, but I wish one of them was half as cool as this.



This video reminded me of something. Not only did both Brady/Wilson battle the odds to play in the NFL, but they weren't even wanted by their college coaches despite their excellence on the field. Michigan only begrudgingly played Tom Brady after giving Drew Henson every possible chance to take Brady's job. Why? Because Brady was some nobody and Henson was an all-american prospect. Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

I'd love to see a fan documentary like this for Wilson in ten years time. I think he's going to have a very similar career when it's all said and done.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 5698
Pretty epic. Pretty awesome.

_________________
“If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 am
Posts: 879
Location: Bellevue, WA
Wow that video drips of epicness... Thanks for sharing bro. Only criticism is I wish it had more wide angle highlights in the middle of the video but everything else was top notch. Good find dude

_________________
Image

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2193
Pretty good video.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:30 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22924
Location: Kirkland, WA
Damned good editing on that video, no doubt about it.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13483
Location: King In The North
Wait till RW3 wins a few Super Bowls and cements his status as a legend. He'll get his videos.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 am
Posts: 96
I hate the Patriots more then most, but Brady is a HoFer and that was a beast video. My heart started to sink when it got to the SB36 highlight but luckily they hardly showed anything from it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2362
kearly wrote:
We have some pretty great Seahawks/Wilson videos out there right now, but I wish one of them was half as cool as this.



Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

I'd love to see a fan documentary like this for Wilson in ten years time. I think he's going to have a very similar career when it's all said and done.


The two themes match only somewhat. Wilson's coach at NC state was rankled about Russ missing some of their off/pre season program because of baseball. I would give that the most weight in the decision to go with Glennon. Him being an All-American prospect just made the decision easier.

There's still plenty of material with which to right a documentary though. :cool:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2719
This is what a well made video looks like. The problem with the ones I have seen of Wilson is that they all have garbage music blaring in them that make a person have to mute it just to watch.

I think you will see a few good ones like this of Wilson done in a few years. They will be just as inspiring and will tell the story of someone doing well despite what the critics said.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:38 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 365
kearly wrote:
Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.


Um, no.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2193
I found it interesting in the Super Bowl 37 highlights, when they showed the infamous "tuck" fumble, they edited out the parts that show Brady tripping up the lineman :lol:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:55 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10064
pocketprotector wrote:
kearly wrote:
Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.


Um, no.

The way I heard it was that when Wilson skipped spring practice to pursue baseball, they went with Glennon. Tom O'Brien was quick to say that Wilson lacked dedication to the program. The big but here is that rumors were they wanted Glennon to start anyway, Wilson was not recruited by that coaching staff. They were happy to move on, and quick to rescind Wilson's scholarship when they got the chance.

lesser known fact: Wilson almost went to Auburn instead of Wisconsin.

Besides, if you are going to disagree, post something besides a denial. that is something only a jerk like me would do.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3102
I don't think it was as devious as all that. Wilson was considering turning pro in baseball, and there was some question as to whether he would be back for his senior year of eligibility. At the same time, there was speculation that Glennon was considering transferring. Glennon also completed his degree in three years, going into his redshirt junior year, and could have also been a "free agent" the way Wilson was. Seemed to me that there was a very real possibility that they were going to lose both star QBs, so they made a difficult decision based on Glennon's extra year of eligibility and the uncertainty around Wilson's future in baseball.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Scottemojo wrote:
lesser known fact: Wilson almost went to Auburn instead of Wisconsin.


I am still grumbling about this. :177692:

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9844
There are reasons to think they preferred Glennon and I always interpreted the baseball reasoning for letting Wilson go as an excuse by that coaching staff. Many college quarterbacks have dabbled in minor league baseball while still continuing their college football careers. It's not an either/or thing.

I'm not at all bashing those coaches. Just like the Michigan coaches, they were just doing what they thought was best for their program. Wilson was a total nobody that worked his way to being a starter, he was kind of like their Keith Price. If UW had the slightest excuse to ditch Price for any of their 4-star recruit backups right now I'm sure they'd pounce on it. I think Michigan truly believed that Henson was the better QB, because he was supposed to be the better QB. Same thing with Glennon.

That's why I made the comparison, because both had to deal with coaching staffs that wanted a more highly touted quarterback on that roster to start over them. That was a frustration that both quarterbacks had to deal with. Both Wilson and Brady play with a huge chip on their shoulders. It sounds like Russell Wilson talked about this aspect during his combine interviews based on what Carroll indicated. So in a way, their struggle for respect even in college was a part of what made both great.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:34 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
I like this Brady fan video better:


_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 365
kearly wrote:
There are reasons to think they preferred Glennon and I always interpreted the baseball reasoning for letting Wilson go as an excuse by that coaching staff. Many college quarterbacks have dabbled in minor league baseball while still continuing their college football careers. It's not an either/or thing.

I'm not at all bashing those coaches. Just like the Michigan coaches, they were just doing what they thought was best for their program. Wilson was a total nobody that worked his way to being a starter, he was kind of like their Keith Price. If UW had the slightest excuse to ditch Price for any of their 4-star recruit backups right now I'm sure they'd pounce on it. I think Michigan truly believed that Henson was the better QB, because he was supposed to be the better QB. Same thing with Glennon.

That's why I made the comparison, because both had to deal with coaching staffs that wanted a more highly touted quarterback on that roster to start over them. That was a frustration that both quarterbacks had to deal with. Both Wilson and Brady play with a huge chip on their shoulders. It sounds like Russell Wilson talked about this aspect during his combine interviews based on what Carroll indicated. So in a way, their struggle for respect even in college was a part of what made both great.


This is just foolish. Wilson was not a nobody after year his junior year. He was a legend. He had beat UNC thrice, including an ungodly thrashing his freshman year. He was approaching all of Rivers passing records. This had nothing to do with star rankings or the coaches wanting Glennon more. It was simple. Wilson had a contract with the Rockies and would not commit to playing another year of football. Glennon wanted a commitment or he was going to transfer. The coaches made that commitment, and only after finding out that he couldn't hit a curve ball did Wilson decide to give football another year. But a promise had already been made by a coach who was facing the possibility of having no serviceable qb's for the next two years. Your attempts to paint it up like Glennon was favored because he was a TOB recruit who had more recruiting stars is just plain ignorant.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9844
I think you missed my point and are arguing purely on semantics. I'm not saying you are wrong on anything, but take a step back and try to consider the "gist" of what I mean rather than getting hung up on 1 detail. That coaching staff favored Glennon. They had some good reasons to. They undervalued Wilson. They had an excuse to move on, and they exercised it.

And since you are new I should say: don't go using attack words like "foolish," or at least be more careful about the tone when you do. That's a no-no. No reason to take it to that level. I know you may not have meant it personally, but this is the internet where things are often read in the worst possible light. Best to talk carefully just in case. Nobody likes E-fights.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:16 pm
Posts: 760
[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgEQ2jHQn3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

my favorite of him


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10064
The very first article I found about Wilson leaving NC state.
Quote:
Russell Wilson is leaving N.C. State.

But apparently, he doesn't really want to.

Late last week, N.C. State announced in a statement that it had released the star quarterback from his scholarship. On Saturday, however, Russell said that he wasn't really "released" from anything; instead, the quarterback said, he was pushed out of the program by coach Tom O'Brien, who had seemingly has grown tired of Wilson's juggling act between football and minor-league baseball.

"I really want the fans, N.C. State alumni and most of all my teammates to know if I had been given an equal opportunity to compete for the starting job, I would not have asked for my release," Wilson told the Observer.


Wilson accepted the offer from the Rockies right after his father died. Surely some leeway on not playing spring ball could have been extended. Wilson's desire to play both sports was well known to Tom O'Brien, and O'Brien only chose to make an issue of it when Glennon threatened to walk.

The simple truth is this: What Wilson did at Wisconsin only helped him prove he was NFL ready. The faith he has inspired from people shortly after meeting him is astounding. It took Pete one minicamp to say Russell was competing for the starting job. It took the Wisconsin coach one practice to know he had someone special. I remember him saying that if the Seahawks had a fair competition, Wilson would absolutely win it. It took Coach Trestman a few minutes on the kid's couch when he came out of high school to think Wilson could someday play in the NFL.

So why was O'Brien the one guy who saw Wilson play first hand and was blind to what was in front of him?

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 555
Not to take anything from that fantastic editing job, but the majority of those images and sound clips were taken from the "Brady 6" documentary. If there were a similar documentary around for Wilson, I'm sure a Wilson fan would have already done the same thing.

I think the real point here is to hope that one day a real documentary gets made for Wilson after he wins a couple Super Bowls.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 pm 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: St. Louis, MO
I'm a lifelong Buckeyes fan who absolutely hates everything that is Boston area sports. Yet, even I can't get it in me to truly hate Brady, despite the fact that I own a Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirt stamped with the date that Pollard tore Brady's ACL. He's a respectable guy and one of the all-time great stories in pro sports.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:22 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7613
I admire and respect Tom Brady. He had every opportunity to fail, for years on end, but instead, he made sure that the took every opportunity to succeed. My only question to Mr. Brady is this: "Why didn't you put on weight for the combine?"

_________________
"God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22924
Location: Kirkland, WA
Rat wrote:
despite the fact that I own a Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirt stamped with the date that Pollard tore Brady's ACL.


Pehawk, does this rate as creepy?

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:46 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8686
Location: Is Everything
I thought it was okay. Out of order and thought the tuck rule play was odd. Plus four years from now when Wilson is sporting all kinds of bling NFLN will make an hour long football life about him and we can all rip it off.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:59 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7225
Location: Eastern Washington
Thoughts on Kearly's video:

Where-oh-where would the NFL be today if they hadn't decided to actually use someone's nerdy little gimmick of slowing the motion down on film by filming it faster.


Thoughts on JSeahawks' video:

That made me laugh and gag at the same time, but whoever sang that had a lot of talent and a helluva singing voice. That was no cheezy recording.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlaskaHAWK, Lawke, Yahoo [Bot] and 24 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.