Harbaugh expecting big things from Lockette...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest 7m
Jim Harbaugh extremely high on WR Ricardo Lockette. Sensing big things.

Bleh. I remember being impressed with Lockette on the first day of training camp when I was attending it in person. If he ends up being a thorn in our side, that will be kind of annoying. I was sad to see him get cut; would have preferred someone else leaving the team. No more details than what Sando just Tweeted above, but I hope for our sake it turns out to be overblown.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Honestly sounds like Harbaugh is responding to our Sherman and Baldwin breakouts from Stanford and trying to reach for a player of his own who was overlooked by Pete.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He couldn't even stay on our practice squad. . . and never touched their 53. Nothing to see here. Lockette is a wash out.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1df225yq said:
I recall when we sensed big things from him, too. Gonna have to place this in the "don't hold your breath" category.

Beat me to it.

hawker84

Reaction score
nothing like the motivation from being cut to fuel ones fire... from what i saw he's got some skills, and definately the speed... but i don't think he's going to be anything our corners haven't seen before... could be good, we'll have to see

Reaction score
Receivers often need time to adjust to the speed of the NFL. Remember Cruz was also an undrafted player that sprung up out of nowhere.

The kid definitely has the physical abilities.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
He couldn't make their active roster last season, and now they've added Anquan Boldin to the mix...plus Manningham is coming back.

I don't see it. The more interesting WR question for the Whiners is if A.J. Jenkins is going to pan out or be a bust.

I still think his initial flash-in-the-pan success went to his head a bit.

drdiags

Reaction score
Takes time to mature. Several teams tried to sign him to their active squad last year. Speaks volumes that he stayed with 49ers and now JH is singing his praise. We will see if it has weight.

Would not surprise me if he does something this year.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":12c4hedq said:
drdiags":12c4hedq said:
Would not surprise me if he does something this year.

Like, run fast in a straight line?

If he can out-run coverage in a straight line, he can make a career out of it; one-trick pony, or not.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hopefully Phil Bates is the high ceiling flier WR that comes through. I think he's still signed to a futures contract or something.