Tony Gonzalez back with Atlanta. 2 years $14 million

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• Wow 2 years? That's a shocker to me.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Figured after he got a taste of playoff success he'd come back for more. They've built a really good offense down there in Atlanta.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Decimation wrote:Wow 2 years? That's a shocker to me.

The odds are strongly against him playing two years. this just allows them to roll some of his cap hit to next year as they are a bit against the cap right now.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• ATL needs to be drafting his replacement this year. The 2nd year according to the article was more for accounting purposes and it isn't clear that he would play in 2014. $7M is guaranteed so probably used the 2nd year to spread out the hit on the cap. States Robinson, Abraham and Turner were cut to make this happen.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I don't think Atlanta is much of a contender, but I do think they'll win another 11 or so games next year. Great offense = more regular season wins. Kind of sucks that we draw them in Atlanta next year. It could prove to be a big game in terms of seeding. Atlanta was really tough in their building last year, and knowing the NFL, they'll make it a 10 am game again.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:I don't think Atlanta is much of a contender, but I do think they'll win another 11 or so games next year. Great offense = more regular season wins. Kind of sucks that we draw them in Atlanta next year. It could prove to be a big game in terms of seeding. Atlanta was really tough in their building last year, and knowing the NFL, they'll make it a 10 am game again.

I would like to open the season there in PrimeTime, but there is an old adage about what you wish for.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Scottemojo wrote:
    Decimation wrote:Wow 2 years? That's a shocker to me.

The odds are strongly against him playing two years. this just allows them to roll some of his cap hit to next year as they are a bit against the cap right now.

And if he decides he does want to come back again in 2014 they already have him under contract.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• This was a big deal for the Falcons. They need him to stay legit superbowl contenders, IMO.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• Their offense arguably got better this offseason while their already suspect defense took a hit. Honestly, their D-line looks incredibly small, week, with no dynamic play-making abilities, and their secondary is overly-aggressive and small.

They're going to be giving up a lot of points, and giving up a lot of leads imo.
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie

• So we all had to cry for him last year and now he comes back. Typical
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

• Seaswab wrote:So we all had to cry for him last year and now he comes back. Typical

I didn't cry for him :mrgreen:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• There is a reason why people like to hang it up after winning it all!
    Mike Holmgren said after the Seahawks Super Bowl loss "I had dreams of riding out on a white horse"
    He wanted to be done and at the top.
    He could hate this move mid-season!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• SH*t.. not happy about that.. better get our middle zone coverage dialed in this year.. he was unstoppable last year against us.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Way to pull a Brett Favre, Tony.

Why do guys play up they're retiring if they're just going to come back again?
    heyu123
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information