Jake Long signs with the Rams

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Jake Long signs with the Rams
Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:36 pm
  • sounds like a done deal
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Re: Jake Long signs with the Rams
Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm
  • "Sounds like"?!?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm
  • 4 years 36 million. Sounds like a pretty good deal for the Rams if he can stay healthy.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:48 pm
  • Rams have had a very good offseason so far, plus their 2 1st rd picks. Watch out.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm
  • Boy, passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and Chad Henne looks smarter by the minute, doesn't it?

I've defended Jeff Ireland a few times, but I think he was indefensibly idiotic during the past week. He pays Mike Wallace $65 million, and hands out $61 million in cash to a couple linebackers, but can't find $36 million for Jake Long? Excuse me?

No chance Jeff Ireland still has a GM job in 365 days.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 pm
  • Long has definitely declined and has not looked elite the past couple of years, but he's still a big upgrade for the Rams OL and gives them flexibility to draft elsewhere. Big score for them. Can't believe this deal wasn't something the Dolphins were willing to do, it seemed like Long was giving them every chance to re-sign him.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:45 pm
  • kearly wrote:Boy, passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and Chad Henne looks smarter by the minute, doesn't it?

I've defended Jeff Ireland a few times, but I think he was indefensibly idiotic during the past week. He pays Mike Wallace $65 million, and hands out $61 million in cash to a couple linebackers, but can't find $36 million for Jake Long? Excuse me?

A friend of mine is a huge Phins fan and he is just fed up with Ireland these days. He likes the moves they have made, but really thinks they could have done more to keep Long as well as spend their money more wisely rather than on a position that wasn't much of need for them, LBer.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm
  • Well given where he was at and that franchise his decline may have been just the whole dysfunctional group as far as the franchise goes. Guys like this given a new situation and a coach willing to let them play can light stuff up. Fisher appears to think keeping things close and hoping the offense can put up enough points to win is how they are going to be a factor. Lets see how their draft goes as well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 am
  • Not worried
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:25 am
  • kearly wrote:Boy, passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and Chad Henne looks smarter by the minute, doesn't it?

I said that last year.

Jeff Ireland is the schizophrenic Tim Ruskell. But he has the owner's ear.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 am
  • Jake Long is going to make the Rams way better. Great move by the Rams. Long just stones fast guys.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 am
  • Rams fan here. We are VERY excited to get Jake Long, and the contract for Jake Long is only $16 mil guaranteed. It looks like the Rams protected themselves very well if his play diminishes or his injury problems persists. He was given a clean bill of health, so I am cautiously optimistic. We had to do something given the run on pass rushers you guys acquired.

Now if we could just acquire a WR and Safety, we may be on to something. The Rams arent in the Seahawks or 49ers class yet, but hopefully with another good FA class (so far, and FA isnt even a week old) and another good draft class, we could make the gap smaller.

The only problem I have is that it is still only March! Competitive football is still 5-6 months away!
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:54 am
  • The best division in football just got a lil tougher...
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:02 pm
  • Jake's game might have slipped a little of late, but he's still young enough that he could have a big resurgence in a new environment. Rams are going to need the help though if they want to keep Bradford healthy in the new black and blue division.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm
  • CRAP!
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm
  • candyman4881 wrote:Rams fan here. We are VERY excited to get Jake Long, and the contract for Jake Long is only $16 mil guaranteed. It looks like the Rams protected themselves very well if his play diminishes or his injury problems persists. He was given a clean bill of health, so I am cautiously optimistic. We had to do something given the run on pass rushers you guys acquired.

Now if we could just acquire a WR and Safety, we may be on to something. The Rams arent in the Seahawks or 49ers class yet, but hopefully with another good FA class (so far, and FA isnt even a week old) and another good draft class, we could make the gap smaller.

The only problem I have is that it is still only March! Competitive football is still 5-6 months away!

Sure you are.
    You beat us once and the Ninners twice.

You got just a good a squad as anyone else.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:43 pm
  • Good signing for them.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 am
  • I will not be surprised if the Rams are one of the two best teams in the west.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:47 am
  • Something I didn't realize until I read this article:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Anyone watch the Dolphins - Hard Knocks?

Philbin claims he has an open door policy, but is it a coincidence that the three leaders – Dansby, tailback Reggie Bush and offensive tackle Jake Long - who confronted him last summer about developing a leadership council after disagreeing on Chad Johnson's release are no longer on the team?

"Absolutely not," said one player. "Those guys challenged him, more than once, and he doesn't like that."

Interesting...
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:I will not be surprised if the Rams are one of the two best teams in the west.

Only if Bradford is one of the two best quarterbacks in the west.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:06 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    kearly wrote:Boy, passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and Chad Henne looks smarter by the minute, doesn't it?

A friend of mine is a huge Phins fan and he is just fed up with Ireland these days. He likes the moves they have made, but really thinks they could have done more to keep Long as well as spend their money more wisely rather than on a position that wasn't much of need for them, LBer.

Not that it means a darn thing, but I find it interesting that 60% of fans rated the Dolphins offseason the best in the NFL (nfl network poll). They are also in arguably the best position in this deep draft to add impact players.

Now I don't follow the dolphins admittedly, but I just found it interesting the gap between those in the know and those who aren't. Just glad we have JS
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information