Jake Long signs with the Rams

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
4 years 36 million. Sounds like a pretty good deal for the Rams if he can stay healthy.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Rams have had a very good offseason so far, plus their 2 1st rd picks. Watch out.

kearly

Reaction score
Boy, passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and Chad Henne looks smarter by the minute, doesn't it?

I've defended Jeff Ireland a few times, but I think he was indefensibly idiotic during the past week. He pays Mike Wallace $65 million, and hands out $61 million in cash to a couple linebackers, but can't find $36 million for Jake Long? Excuse me?

No chance Jeff Ireland still has a GM job in 365 days.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Long has definitely declined and has not looked elite the past couple of years, but he's still a big upgrade for the Rams OL and gives them flexibility to draft elsewhere. Big score for them. Can't believe this deal wasn't something the Dolphins were willing to do, it seemed like Long was giving them every chance to re-sign him.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
kearly":1xemlfx0 said:
Boy, passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and Chad Henne looks smarter by the minute, doesn't it?

I've defended Jeff Ireland a few times, but I think he was indefensibly idiotic during the past week. He pays Mike Wallace $65 million, and hands out $61 million in cash to a couple linebackers, but can't find $36 million for Jake Long? Excuse me?

A friend of mine is a huge Phins fan and he is just fed up with Ireland these days. He likes the moves they have made, but really thinks they could have done more to keep Long as well as spend their money more wisely rather than on a position that wasn't much of need for them, LBer.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well given where he was at and that franchise his decline may have been just the whole dysfunctional group as far as the franchise goes. Guys like this given a new situation and a coach willing to let them play can light stuff up. Fisher appears to think keeping things close and hoping the offense can put up enough points to win is how they are going to be a factor. Lets see how their draft goes as well.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":1htetnr4 said:

I said that last year.

Jeff Ireland is the schizophrenic Tim Ruskell. But he has the owner's ear.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jake Long is going to make the Rams way better. Great move by the Rams. Long just stones fast guys.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Rams fan here. We are VERY excited to get Jake Long, and the contract for Jake Long is only $16 mil guaranteed. It looks like the Rams protected themselves very well if his play diminishes or his injury problems persists. He was given a clean bill of health, so I am cautiously optimistic. We had to do something given the run on pass rushers you guys acquired.

Now if we could just acquire a WR and Safety, we may be on to something. The Rams arent in the Seahawks or 49ers class yet, but hopefully with another good FA class (so far, and FA isnt even a week old) and another good draft class, we could make the gap smaller.

The only problem I have is that it is still only March! Competitive football is still 5-6 months away!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jake's game might have slipped a little of late, but he's still young enough that he could have a big resurgence in a new environment. Rams are going to need the help though if they want to keep Bradford healthy in the new black and blue division.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
candyman4881":14dsvxtw said:
Rams fan here. We are VERY excited to get Jake Long, and the contract for Jake Long is only $16 mil guaranteed. It looks like the Rams protected themselves very well if his play diminishes or his injury problems persists. He was given a clean bill of health, so I am cautiously optimistic. We had to do something given the run on pass rushers you guys acquired.

Now if we could just acquire a WR and Safety, we may be on to something. The Rams arent in the Seahawks or 49ers class yet, but hopefully with another good FA class (so far, and FA isnt even a week old) and another good draft class, we could make the gap smaller.

The only problem I have is that it is still only March! Competitive football is still 5-6 months away!

Sure you are.
You beat us once and the Ninners twice.

You got just a good a squad as anyone else.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I will not be surprised if the Rams are one of the two best teams in the west.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Something I didn't realize until I read this article:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Anyone watch the Dolphins - Hard Knocks?

Philbin claims he has an open door policy, but is it a coincidence that the three leaders – Dansby, tailback Reggie Bush and offensive tackle Jake Long - who confronted him last summer about developing a leadership council after disagreeing on Chad Johnson's release are no longer on the team?

"Absolutely not," said one player. "Those guys challenged him, more than once, and he doesn't like that."

Interesting...

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1x3biwfx said:
I will not be surprised if the Rams are one of the two best teams in the west.

Only if Bradford is one of the two best quarterbacks in the west.

Latest posts