Rams demise

Renohawk

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been posted, but the Rams losing Stephen Jackson and Danny Amendola really knocks them down a few pegs in the NFC West.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
To be fair, they have two first founders to try and make up for it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They'll still be tough. They were very well-coached last year and played us close both times. Jackson didn't do much against us anyway last year.

osprey3263

Reaction score
the Rams will draft Eddie Lacy and corderelle patterson and become the biggest threat to the seahwks this season as they are a wild card team after the seahawks win the NFC west the Forty niners finish third in our division this year and m iss the play offs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The rams are in the same position we were a couple years ago. plenty of draft picks with a good coach, some young talent - but they also already have a QB.

Are you forgetting we lost to them last year, whatever sort of "it was early in the season" excuse you want to make, they tied/beat the 49ers, and we barely beat them at home when we were hanging 40-50 for consecutive weeks previously?

pinksheets

Reaction score
JSeahawks":12l6y4kj said:
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB I won't even give them a second thought.
Yup.

But honestly Amendola was oft injured and overrated, and I think it was time to move on from Sjax. He was still a decent player, but a 30 year old RB with 2800 carries is bound to have the wheels fall off. Time to get younger. Jared Cook is a nice addition, a guy I wanted, but he's the quintessential "has all the physical tools but hasn't quite put it together" type of guy. Might never amount to anything.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Throwdown":18kwhc6n said:
...Did they really have a rise to have a "demise"?

Well, I certainly think they had something going last season. They did very well against both the Hawks and Niners and had a chance at making the playoffs at the end.

But, then again, most of what they had "going" was a defense. So losing Jackson and Amendola doesn't really apply to a demise in that sense.

heyu123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":uce1m4gp said:
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB I won't even give them a second thought.

Well, I'm not a Bradford fan either however he's good enough to win with. Especially with their strong defense and coaching staff.

I think they probably use their two firsts on a couple of offensive skill guys and if they 'hit' on those picks they could be extremely interesting.

Losing Amendola hurts, but the guy plays like 6 games a year. Jackson is not what he use to be, I don't think he's a big loss at all.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Good coach's and GM's make tough decisions and these are ones that had to be made. Get Bradford a good O-line and running game and he will be much better than what we have seen so far.

I definitely would not count out Fisher. He made that team respectable last year and I expect another increase in quality play next year.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Fisher will field another hardnosed tough team,...don't sell the Rams short,...

godawg

Reaction score
To borrow from Mark Twain, rumors of the Rams' demise are greatly exaggerated.

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
JesterHawk":7ez2yk3g said:
Man, they lost Dahl now too!!!

Getting rid of Dahl and him going to the 49ers is one of the greatest things to ever happen in the history of sports!!!! Even if we dont replace Dahl, and have no FS out there, it will be an upgrade over Dahl!!!!

themunn

Reaction score
Losing Jackson might actually help them, they've never had a winning season with him on the team (NINE YEARS LOL).

Also now they might draft a running back that could put up 100 yards on us...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":30f9elml said:
JesterHawk":30f9elml said:
Man, they lost Dahl now too!!!

Getting rid of Dahl and him going to the 49ers is one of the greatest things to ever happen in the history of sports!!!! Even if we dont replace Dahl, and have no FS out there, it will be an upgrade over Dahl!!!!

But Niner fans think he's an upgrade to Goldston. (don't care about spelling)