what do you guys think about elvis dumervil ??

OP
OP
D

Darrenv17

Reaction score
They wanted him to , he said he would agree but I think denver wants him to go lower then he did. Elway said his contract is way out of whack.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3a1t5g3l said:
I like him a lot, but with the Bennett and Avril signings, I just don't see a spot for him here.

My thoughts exactly. We might be able to massage the numbers a bit to get his signing under the cap, but why would you?

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2ehdtl0c said:
Thought he re-signed with a paycut.

I like his name.

He did now from $12 million / year to $8 million with a $3.5 million roster guarantee for next year (2nd day of league year)

EDIT: Contract not signed quickly enough so Dumervil is released - LOL

Not sure what that does to cap implications etc. obviously you should be able to figure out a deal that pretty much puts you back to what you agreed to

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The release supposedly comes with a dead money hit that will make it difficult for Denver to re-sign him. LOL.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Dumerville released...boy that's a tough clerical mistake..This is Dumerville's agent...

GIFSoup

GCrow

Reaction score
Holy Crap, what a screw up that is bad for both sides. Broncos now apparently gonna have a 4.8M dead money charge. WoW

Can't see him getting 8M in this market.

Basis4day

Reaction score
If this was last week i'd ask say that he might not fit in cap wise.

I have not clue what our FO might do at this point. Not that i every did.

ivotuk

Reaction score
There is speculation that his agent delayed, hoping that Denver would let it slide and Dumervil would get his 13.7 million or whatever it was. If that is what happened, they called his bluff and cut Elvis.

GCrow

Reaction score
So who does he hate more now...his agent or John Schneider?? :lol:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Last I heard, his agent blew it.

It's going to cost him some bucks in this market.

It cost the Broncos $4.98M in dead money, however they save the cash of his salary.

Dumervil is currently a FA and reportedly, he has already fielded some calls from other teams.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The guy is going to cost $8 million minimum to sign (that's what he took as a paycut in denver). I really don't think we have the cap room to invest that much MORE into the position. A week ago I'd have considered it, but now, I'm quite happy with where we are with the position. Signing Branch and draft a linebacker and I think our defense is going to be just fine.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I like where we are at on DE. We got bargain short-term deals on a couple young guys with something to prove. I think everything played out just right, even with this development.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shoot if JS pulled off this miracle Rog Goodell might be make a new "Seattle rule"!

Latest posts