Steven Jackson is a Falcon

hawker84

Reaction score
that's cool, we do well against Jackson... But they still got that little tiny wreckingball that trucked my man Earl. Man i hate that we have to play them in ATL.... Payback sucka's

ensett

Reaction score
I thought for sure he'd go to the Falcons just based on what he said about them a week or so ago. Seemed like his #1 choice by far

IronSaint

Reaction score
Not going to get their same O-line to block or even run the ball anymore. :lol:

I'm just glad they're dumb enough to go after an over-the-hill RB than draft Eddie Lacy this year. As an Alabama fan, I greatly appreciate this. :th2thumbs:

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
With him and Rodgers that's a back field of Angry Beavers lol that's what falcon fans are calling them.

The Radish

Reaction score
IronSaint":aj72poxi said:
Not going to get their same O-line to block or even run the ball anymore. :lol:

I'm just glad they're dumb enough to go after an over-the-hill RB than draft Eddie Lacy this year. As an Alabama fan, I greatly appreciate this. :th2thumbs:

I don't see Jackson as over the hill. I think he's got a few years of top drawer running in him.

I'm sure he did this just so he can play at Seahawks Stadium again. He would have missed us. As I recall he's never had a 100 yard rushing game against us in his career which is really unbelievable in itself. Best of luck Jackson except against us.

He deserves respect for trying to carry the Rams on his back the last few years with little or no help.

:les:

bellingerga

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":37xyt6ta said:
This makes them better, IMO.

IF he can stay healthy this makes them a damn tough team to play. Smash mouth running like his, in an already damn good offense? Watch out.

We'll still beat em :mrgreen:

grizbob

Reaction score
seahwkfvr":24qlr6pj said:
https://twitter.com/sj39/status/312323017692831744

Looks as though his >100 rushing yard games against the Seahawks will continue on this year when we travel to Atlanta.

Maybe, but we'll only see him once this year unless we meet in the playoffs, and if we do it'll be in Seattle :thirishdrinkers:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bellingerga":2q7o3ali said:
Zebulon Dak":2q7o3ali said:
This makes them better, IMO.

IF he can stay healthy this makes them a damn tough team to play. Smash mouth running like his, in an already damn good offense? Watch out.

We'll still beat em :mrgreen:

Yeah, they don't scare me. Nobody scares me right now. But they should be able to win that division and be aiming for a 1 or 2 seed again.

kearly

Reaction score
Steven Jackson looked like he was totally out of gas last season. Kind of feels like they ditched Turner to replace him with a very similar player. If I was a Falcons fan, I would not be pleased. I'd much rather draft a RB in the draft. If they are smart the Jackson signing won't deter them from grabbing a RB this April, but it still strikes me as wasted money, and if that RB they draft is actually good he's now going to have to sit behind an over the hill Steven Jackson for a year or two instead of breaking out immediately.

If I was Atlanta's GM, I'd have called Chip Kelly. The Eagles have an embarrassment of riches at RB. If I could get Bryce Brown for a 2nd rounder, I'd do it. I don't think Chris Polk really fits Kelly's style either- I might be able to get him for a conditional future 7th. Either of those guys would be a lot better than Jackson next year, and they wouldn't cost $4 million per.

Then again, maybe Jackson would be invigorated playing on a good team where he's no longer the focal point. But man, did he look "done" last season. He's got a lot of wear on the tires. Still don't like the money/commitment.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Kearly, you and I are on the same boat here, but on the other forum I post at regularly, which is a more widespread source of NFL fans, the Falcosn fans are acting like this is the piece they were missing to get to the Superbowl. I just don't get it. Oh well, if we meet them in the playoffs, at least we don't have to worry about a guy running on us for 100 yards.

I guess SJax is better in the passing game than Turner, but other than that, you're still focusing on old men to front your rushing attack.

Honestly, I think ATL drops off this year anyhow. They aren't as good as last year's results might make one think.

I will say I think you're nuts for offering a 2nd for Bryce Brown, though.