Updated: Leon signs with New England

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Updated: Leon signs with New England
Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:Looks like Leon took about a $1M pay cut by asking to be released instead of being traded to the Bucs.

He signed for one year at $1.5M with the Pats and I believe his 2013 salary under his old contract was $2.5M.

Strange. He either really, really didn't want to play for the Bucs or something else went on like the Bucs wanted to offload some salary too in the trade with us.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Re: Updated: Leon signs with New England
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:Looks like Leon took about a $1M pay cut by asking to be released instead of being traded to the Bucs.

He signed for one year at $1.5M with the Pats and I believe his 2013 salary under his old contract was $2.5M.

Strange. He either really, really didn't want to play for the Bucs or something else went on like the Bucs wanted to offload some salary too in the trade with us.

Or Leon really, really wants to stay with a winning organization and have a shot at the Super Bowl. It's a long step down from Seattle to Tampa. It's just a step over to New England.

Jets fans are gonna cringe when he takes one back against them.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information