Nnambi Asomugha to SF?

hawker84

Reaction score
other than ESPN highlights , i've never really watched this guy.. I know he's considered one of the better CB's in the league, but how good is he?

from what i understand Philly played more Zone coverage as apposed to man to man where he's more comfortable.. would he be a good fit in SF?

bing.com/news (Can't get the link to work)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
He's visiting SF today but that's it for the time being. It makes sense that the Niners would sign a DB or two, though.

razor150

Reaction score
At his age his days as a shut down corner are probably over. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he still has something left in the tank in the right system. I would be interested in knowing if SF has the right system, or is willing to change it to fit him.

canucklhead

Reaction score
When in Oakland he developed this insane repututation and the guys on the other side were so bad that literally noone ever threw a ball his way. In Philly, teams went right after him and warts noone knew were there were exposed. Still a good player, but nowhere near worthy that ludicrous contract.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Yeah he isn't going to scare anyone anymore, but he is probably still a better CB than anyone on the niners roster

Seahawker86

Reaction score
dude is about to turn 32. I'm not worried at all about him going to the 49ers which it looks like he is about to sign. You guys have to remember alot of the "key" players that were on the 49ers were already there in place, very similiar when the John Gruden took over for the Buccs and went on to win a Superbowl. I think making the move from Alex Smith who was leading the league in Quarterback rating, I think will be his downfall. Yes, this kid got him to a Superbowl, but they didn't really go through any good defenses to get there, and lets face it the Raven's defense was hurt and old. Thats why they were able to put up alot of points. I'm getting off topic but what I am trying to get at we haven't really what kind of decisions this team can make. I mean to be honest the randy moss signing was a flop, they just lost the best 2nd TE in the game in walker, they are letting go one of the best safeties in the league and getting nothing in return. Lets see what this team does with make the hard decisions. I think this Nnamdi signing is going to blow up in their face and just going to show things to come for the near future.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1no7dgrz said:
dude is about to turn 32. I'm not worried at all about him going to the 49ers which it looks like he is about to sign. You guys have to remember alot of the "key" players that were on the 49ers were already there in place, very similiar when the John Gruden took over for the Buccs and went on to win a Superbowl. I think making the move from Alex Smith who was leading the league in Quarterback rating, I think will be his downfall. Yes, this kid got him to a Superbowl, but they didn't really go through any good defenses to get there, and lets face it the Raven's defense was hurt and old. Thats why they were able to put up alot of points. I'm getting off topic but what I am trying to get at we haven't really what kind of decisions this team can make. I mean to be honest the randy moss signing was a flop, they just lost the best 2nd TE in the game in walker, they are letting go one of the best safeties in the league and getting nothing in return. Lets see what this team does with make the hard decisions. I think this Nnamdi signing is going to blow up in their face and just going to show things to come for the near future.

A bit rambling but I think I get what you are trying to say.
The Bolded.."lets see what the team does with make the hard decisions"?

The hard decision is exactly what you are seeing from the Niners!
You cannot keep every good player and pay them top dollar, you have to let a few go and fill in the gaps with FAs and the draft(which we still have 14 picks for). The hard decisions are being made.
Goldson is a good safety, I like the dude, but I do not think it is wise to pay a safety 8-9M a year, kills your cap, hard decision made. You take care of the core you want to keep. the Niner LBs, Willis, Bowman, Smith and Brooks are all signed for many seasons to come. Part of the hard decision process.

The hawks will have VERY similar decisions to make coming up very soon. Sherman is going to want to be paid the MOST $$$ of any CB in the league, bank on it. Earl Thomas is already making a case for Goldson to break the bank, why is that you think?
R wilson we need paid in 3 years just like we will have to pay Kaepernick in a few...That will hurt both our teams honestly. It is the $$$ we are both saving at the QB position that is allowing our current FA signings!!!

rlkats

Reaction score
Hey kthebestwayk Goldston was foar from the best safety in the league. He was great for a good hit and 15 yard penalties. Terrible at coverage, and ball hawking skills. Yup Delanie Walker 2nd best tight end not he almost had an equel number of drops in regards to his catches. I can think of many TE's that are better in that area. Where he is good is at blocking and special teams. Randy Moss was a horrible signing ok i give you that (not) he helped Crabtree get his first 1100 yard season. And build up the confidence of Kapernick with veteran leadership. Alex Smith was great throwing between 1 yard and 20 yards but he couldnt hit a open reciever beyond that. I agree on the superbowl comment we will see with a real season about Kap time will tell. I DO NOT like the Namdi signing if its true. Draft is where we need to find our answers. We let go players that demanded big contracts and a chance to start we needed to get young in many areas ans this is the right draft to get some D line and safety. And what happened to all the Alex sucks threads. Lets stay with one thing at a time.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
rlkats":3frh9bfd said:
Hey kthebestwayk Goldston was foar from the best safety in the league. He was great for a good hit and 15 yard penalties. Terrible at coverage, and ball hawking skills. Yup Delanie Walker 2nd best tight end not he almost had an equel number of drops in regards to his catches. I can think of many TE's that are better in that area. Where he is good is at blocking and special teams. Randy Moss was a horrible signing ok i give you that (not) he helped Crabtree get his first 1100 yard season. And build up the confidence of Kapernick with veteran leadership. Alex Smith was great throwing between 1 yard and 20 yards but he couldnt hit a open reciever beyond that. I agree on the superbowl comment we will see with a real season about Kap time will tell. I DO NOT like the Namdi signing if its true. Draft is where we need to find our answers. We let go players that demanded big contracts and a chance to start we needed to get young in many areas ans this is the right draft to get some D line and safety. And what happened to all the Alex sucks threads. Lets stay with one thing at a time.

Trying to say that signing Randy Moss was a good move is a losing battle. Also, I do not buy the fact that you feel like Goldson (not Goldston) is "far from the best safety in the league". I think you are just bitter that he signed with the Bucs.

I will just leave it at that because your grammar is terrible so I had to stop reading your post. It does not have to be perfect, but it shouldn't be difficult...

rlkats

Reaction score
Sorry about grammar im on a iphone that types for itself. And no GoldStone is what I wanted to type. Is not the best in the league. He is good but he was toasted all the time in the playoffs. The lack of pass rush exposed the secondary BAD. The Randy Moss signing was a risk that I feel paid off to a point. I did not expect greatness from him. Just a teaching aide for our inexperienced recievers. Last time I checked this is not english class its a message bord. So thanks for the intelligent and well thought up argument.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Maybe Goldson got toasted in the playoffs, but wasn't it Donte Whitner that got beat up all season long? https://twitter.com/PFF_Jeff/status/297077221888229376

To be fair, the 49ers defense was just terrible in general during the playoffs. Also, not sure Randy Moss was signed to be a teaching aide for your inexperienced receivers. That would be bizarre considering he has been widely criticized for taking plays off and being lazy. Oh, and Moss himself has admitted it http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/kenny.htm

Yeah, he admitted it a long time ago. That does not change anything and Moss didn't suddenly start giving 100% every snap, either. Moss may have been incredibly gifted, but he is also extremely arrogant.

BTW grammar is always important. You are right about one thing, it is a message board and not an English class, but like I said - it doesn't have to be perfect, but it shouldn't be difficult. Way to bring intelligence into the post though...

Anyways, this isn't the smack shack so I am going to leave it at that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
An Eagles fan congratulated me on the Seahawks having a new hole to exploit against the 49ers, and he hasn't even signed with the 49ers yet, haha.