Anquan Boldin - not happy?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:23 am
  • Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.


    Shits weak.


    Enough said.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:36 am
  • He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 123
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 am
  • Has Boldin spoke of this since the interview the OP is referencing? When I heard I thought it was a great move for SF however it does not scare me at all with Seattle's secondary. Its a nice veteran pickup assuming he is happy but it will not tilt the field against us.
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2800
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 am
  • kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...


    Aside from drafting Anthony McCoy, Malcolm Smith and picking up Mike Morgan and bringing in players like Mike Williams and Lendale White (yet not afraid to cut them when they're not good enough) you mean?


    Also, note the difference between the Seahawks and Ravens organisations. One signed a player that made a favourite of the fans, model professional and excellent player over 3 years obsolete, and rather than trade him for a draft pick to a team he didn't want to go to, cut him so he could sign with who he wanted. The other took a player that was integral in their superbowl run just weeks beforehand and traded him elsewhere to a team without asking him if he wanted to go... for a 6th round pick.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2566
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:Obviously Sherman and Baldwin liked him enough to be recruited by him ...


    You mean, before he was actually their coach?...

    HA ha! Great call!
    OUT OF CONTROL NINER FANS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/26/ ... f-control/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1430
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am
  • Ninerguy wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Confused you for someone else


    Cool, I thought that might be the case, I actually get a few nice PMs from Hawk fans in my inbox on occasion, though they would never say it in public in a thread :mrgreen: Living here in the PNW as a Niner fan can be more than interesting when it comes to football discussions, which honestly last 12 months of the year!

    BTW, Here is an actual quote form Boldins interview."As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys,” Boldin said. “I’ve always been a fan of the 49ers. For me, I’m happy to be part of an organization like that.”

    Great call! You can see how he's carefully complimenting the team without ever mentioning the vile Harbaugh. He's got to say something good about his new team.
    OUT OF CONTROL NINER FANS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/26/ ... f-control/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1430
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 am
  • sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

    He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.


    Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 pm
  • At least Pete Carroll said he wouldn't leave USC unless the Seahawks gave him more power then most teams give their coaches. He almost guaranteed he would be staying until we gave him the dream job. Only an idiot would have denied himself the chance to control a whole team, pick his own GM, and be subject to no one except a hands off owner.

    He didn't like Chip Kelly, reject a head coaching job. Then change his mind when it became clear the NCAA didn't accept Oregon's self investigation and would pursue their own.

    If you think Pete RAN AWAY from USC, should take a look at what the Hawks gave him.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 pm
  • kag0331 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

    He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.


    Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.

    He left several months before the sanctions came down after waiting around for four years for the NCAA to do something. In fact, he went to the hearing to 'testify' after getting hired by the Hawks in spite of the fact the NCAA could no longer require him to do so.

    He had always said he'd be interested to see whether he could succeed at the NFL after USC, but he didn't think anyone would ever give him what he wanted: control over player personnel, the ability to instill his philosophy throughout the organization, a collaborative relationship with the GM, etc. Allen offered all that plus support for Pete's charity.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5013
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm
  • How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26681
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.


    Gonna be funny when the rest of the 9er nation realizes Kaepernick can only make one read though :)
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19292
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

    I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.


    It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.

    Odd that it took that long for the lights to come on, don't you think?
    I guess that Pete Carroll kinda knew all along that players like Sherman, Wilson, Wagner, and a whole bunch of others deserved a shot to prove themselves sooner, rather than later.
    Harbaugh being a fresh out College Coach didn't know this?,,He'd have done well to adopt the Pete Carroll's "Always Compete" mantra,I guess it's better late, than never though eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3786
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Shaz wrote:Some of you so called Seahawks fans are really embarrassing yourselves

    How about show a little class? I'm seeing far too much stupidity lately

    Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3786
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:43 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:


    Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26681
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.



    Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 pm
  • , I've been a part of this SEAHAWKS message board longer then you. So I guess my question is, what's your deal? I like talking football with other fanbases. I get along with posters here for the most part. When you make moves that make sense, I give you guys props. When you don't, I say you just f'd up. I do the same with my own team, which is why most posters here show me respect. I call them like I see them. Like I've repeated here before, I'm also a member of several other NFL teams forums. Im on other teams boards, more than my own...because oun board sucks for the most part, I'll readily admit that. But Im still going to defend my team....that should be a given.


    I couldn't agree more, I also love spending time on rival forums and I personally like having rival fans on our forums for some great discussions, as a Hawk fan I'm happy to have you here with us!
    Seatown001
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 38
    Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 am
  • NorCal wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.



    Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.


    As it seems, the shock of finding out he was traded while he was in Africa has worn off:

    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

    I imagine that knowing your old team is a shell of its former self after the SB, helps to ease the frustration as well.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 am
  • kag0331 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

    He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.


    Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.

    So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3786
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:11 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:


    Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.

    Care to name names?..I have noticed that their are fans here that do fine with "Talking Football", but when someone makes a subtle cut, or slight at some of the fans here, I think they have the right to answer in like form.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3786
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:18 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.



    You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5900
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.


    Shits weak.


    Enough said.


    Anquan Boldin led all NFL receivers in touchdowns and yardage during these last playoffs. He's already talking about how excited he is to get to work with Kaepernick and develop their chemistry. The guy is nails. He competes like a madman for every reception. Some of you must have seen how he completely owned the Niner secondary in the Super Bowl. This thread is homer B.S. and it makes me nervous. I just always feel like when Seahawks fans start this crap, they're just asking for a letdown.
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm
  • So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

    Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.
    Teqneek
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 280
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:14 pm
  • Teqneek wrote:So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

    Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.


    But he doesn't need to be a "number 1" or 2. I just look forward to him being a threat in the redzone and maybe getting V Davis open a bit more. Its just adding to the WR core, not scoring a world beater
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm
  • Teqneek wrote:So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

    Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.

    For real?
    His ROOKIE season. 101 catches, 1377 yards, 8 scores. He was good from day one. Was also the fastest receiver ever to 300 catches.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.



    You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?



    UUUMMM... You must not pay much attention to NCAA football thats what they do wrong or right punish the head coach, they think it sets the example...
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:03 am
  • Come on San Fran. Your coach is a douche. The whole NFL world sees it but not their fans?
    Image
    User avatar
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1315
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

    I think the NFL and most people in the league respect Harbaugh, and Carrol a lot of more for the the caliber of team he's assembled. Pete's a better coach now than he was in 2000 with the Patriots. Harbaugh knows how to acquire talent that doesn't seem any good or mediocre like Carlos Rodgers, Alex Smith, and turn them into solid pro bowl worthy players.

    Both are probably seen as jerks but they both have earned the respect they have now even if you don't like the colors they were on Sundays.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 am
  • Shinigami wrote:Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.


    You mean his second season right?
    His Patriots beat the Dolphins in his second season as a coach.
    And then he beat the Saints in his 5th season.

    And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
    The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
    Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2566
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:15 am
  • Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

    Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    User avatar
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 932
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:02 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    Shinigami wrote:Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.


    You mean his second season right?
    His Patriots beat the Dolphins in his second season as a coach.
    And then he beat the Saints in his 5th season.

    And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
    The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
    Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.


    oh yes my apologies I forgot lol.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Shinigami wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    Shinigami wrote:Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.


    You mean his second season right?
    His Patriots beat the Dolphins in his second season as a coach.
    And then he beat the Saints in his 5th season.

    And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
    The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
    Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.


    oh yes my apologies I forgot lol.


    Well, you were a little too busy hating to check facts.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:11 pm
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

    Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.


    OK...I usually just lurk here a bit and get a chuckle, but this one made me literally laugh out loud.

    Of all the criticisms I have of the Seahawks, I am still able to give credit where its due. They have done a very good job in the draft and Wilson looks like a very good young QB.

    ...but that last comment about the Niners ability to draft is simply comical.

    Since Baalke took over the draft...

    Anthony Davis: Pro Bowl Alternate
    Mike Iupati: All-Pro and possibly the best OG in the NFL
    Navorro Bowman: 2 time All-Pro
    Aldon Smith: All-Pro, Set NFL record for sacks in first 2 seasons previously held by Reggie White.
    Colin Kaepernick: One of the best young QBs in the NFL.
    Chris Culliver: Super Bowl performance notwithstanding, a very good nickel corner.
    Kendall Hunter: Currently backup RB who might be the heir appearant to Frank Gore.
    Bruce Miller: Pro Bowl Alternate at FB in 2011
    LaMichael James: Very good young RB who played very well down the stretch when Hunter got hurt and in the playoffs.


    ....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

    Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.

    So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.

    Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

    As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

    1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Well, you were a little too busy hating to check facts.


    Sure, man as if Carroll was some great head coach back in the 90s. I made a slip up, so what? It's a fact Carroll was a mediocre coach his tenure with the Patriots is evidence of that. That team was in a decline every year he was there, and two years after his tenure the Patriots win a Super Bowl. His tenure here is a lot better since he took over a bad team and now has a legitimate Super Bowl contender on his hands.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:24 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Since Baalke took over the draft...
    And did the selecting in a draft in which Scott McCloughan had done the work for 11 months? Giving Baalke all credit for his first draft is unfair. Iupati and Davis were both linked to San Fran before Baalke took over. This does not impugn Baalke as a talent evaluator, but lets be accurate. In fact, Scott had possibly the biggest role of anyone in assembling the current Niner talent.




    ....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

    Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.
    Both teams, ours and yours, were considered by almost all to have reached in the first round, and the reports that followed AJ in the following months were terrible. San Fran in no way wanted to redshirt Jenkins, in fact you were desperate for good receivers last year. Evaluating any pick from San Fran in his rookie year is going to be difficult, once again, your HC is not inclined to trust or empower rookies, ours is. I am not saying either is right, in fact your SB loss could be hung on LMJ's fumble, and our loss to the Falcons could come down to a 7th round rookie guard, Sweezy.


    So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.
    No logical voice says San Fran can't draft. The facts, however, are simple. Willis, Davis, Gore, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Crabtree, and many more were not talent that can be fully laid at the feet of Baalke. Tell me who on the Seattle squad you can say that about, it is a short list.


    Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

    As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

    1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.
    [quote]First round picks aren't normally selected more than a month before the draft either. Any other exceptions to the norm you want to point out? Lets keep in mind that it was the Niners Seattle outbid for Harvin, meaning in all probability, your team was willing to both pay him and trade at least this year's first and a decent pick next year for the same guy. Seattle was willing to pay a bit more.[/quote]
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:29 am
  • Or the Niners bid against Seattle to raise the price. Teams do that all the time.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 123
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:Or the Niners bid against Seattle to raise the price. Teams do that all the time.


    There is what you know, and there is what you invent. Fact: Both teams bid on Harvin, Seattle elected to go higher than the Niners. Anything else is speculation on your part.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:53 am
  • Who gives a rats ass. None of us are in the front office did the niners want Harvin? im sure they did but guess what they did not get him oh well
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 722
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:32 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

    Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.


    OK...I usually just lurk here a bit and get a chuckle, but this one made me literally laugh out loud.

    Of all the criticisms I have of the Seahawks, I am still able to give credit where its due. They have done a very good job in the draft and Wilson looks like a very good young QB.

    ...but that last comment about the Niners ability to draft is simply comical.

    Since Baalke took over the draft...

    Anthony Davis: Pro Bowl Alternate
    Mike Iupati: All-Pro and possibly the best OG in the NFL
    Navorro Bowman: 2 time All-Pro
    Aldon Smith: All-Pro, Set NFL record for sacks in first 2 seasons previously held by Reggie White.
    Colin Kaepernick: One of the best young QBs in the NFL.
    Chris Culliver: Super Bowl performance notwithstanding, a very good nickel corner.
    Kendall Hunter: Currently backup RB who might be the heir appearant to Frank Gore.
    Bruce Miller: Pro Bowl Alternate at FB in 2011
    LaMichael James: Very good young RB who played very well down the stretch when Hunter got hurt and in the playoffs.


    ....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

    Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.

    So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.

    Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

    As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

    1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.


    The niners have TWO starters from Baalke drafts that didn't include McLoughlin's draft board. Having only ONE player drafted last year on the field at any point last season leaves their drafting abilities still unknown. Without McLoughlin's input, their drafts have not been very good so far.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1988
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 am
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

    Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.


    OK...I usually just lurk here a bit and get a chuckle, but this one made me literally laugh out loud.

    Of all the criticisms I have of the Seahawks, I am still able to give credit where its due. They have done a very good job in the draft and Wilson looks like a very good young QB.

    ...but that last comment about the Niners ability to draft is simply comical.

    Since Baalke took over the draft...

    Anthony Davis: Pro Bowl Alternate
    Mike Iupati: All-Pro and possibly the best OG in the NFL
    Navorro Bowman: 2 time All-Pro
    Aldon Smith: All-Pro, Set NFL record for sacks in first 2 seasons previously held by Reggie White.
    Colin Kaepernick: One of the best young QBs in the NFL.
    Chris Culliver: Super Bowl performance notwithstanding, a very good nickel corner.
    Kendall Hunter: Currently backup RB who might be the heir appearant to Frank Gore.
    Bruce Miller: Pro Bowl Alternate at FB in 2011
    LaMichael James: Very good young RB who played very well down the stretch when Hunter got hurt and in the playoffs.


    ....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

    Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.

    So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.

    Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

    As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

    1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.


    The niners have TWO starters from Baalke drafts that didn't include McLoughlin's draft board. Having only ONE player drafted last year on the field at any point last season leaves their drafting abilities still unknown. Without McLoughlin's input, their drafts have not been very good so far.


    Actually its 3 (Kaep, Aldon, and Miller). Baalke also signed Whitner, Rogers, and Goodwin.

    I actually like Scotty...so I'm not gonna slam him. It was his drinking that got him fired, not his talent evaluation. He was a good GM and put alot of talent on this roster...but you have some revisionist history going there. Baalke was on all those staffs as well. He didn't just use Scots draft board...he helped put it together to begin with. He also still pulled the trigger on those picks. putting that all in Scots hands is idiocy.

    Your assertion that their "drafts have not been very good so far" is ludicrous. You don't even have to look at last year...just look at 2011. Aldon Smith. Colin Kaepernick. Chris Culliver. Kendall Hunter. Daniel Kilgore. Bruce Miller.

    If you DO want to look at last year, then you have to see how AJ Jenkins, Joe Looney, Darius Fleming and a few of the picks they traded for picks THIS year turn out.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Since Baalke took over the draft...
    And did the selecting in a draft in which Scott McCloughan had done the work for 11 months? Giving Baalke all credit for his first draft is unfair. Iupati and Davis were both linked to San Fran before Baalke took over. This does not impugn Baalke as a talent evaluator, but lets be accurate. In fact, Scott had possibly the biggest role of anyone in assembling the current Niner talent.




    ....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

    Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.
    Both teams, ours and yours, were considered by almost all to have reached in the first round, and the reports that followed AJ in the following months were terrible. San Fran in no way wanted to redshirt Jenkins, in fact you were desperate for good receivers last year. Evaluating any pick from San Fran in his rookie year is going to be difficult, once again, your HC is not inclined to trust or empower rookies, ours is. I am not saying either is right, in fact your SB loss could be hung on LMJ's fumble, and our loss to the Falcons could come down to a 7th round rookie guard, Sweezy.


    So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.
    No logical voice says San Fran can't draft. The facts, however, are simple. Willis, Davis, Gore, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Crabtree, and many more were not talent that can be fully laid at the feet of Baalke. Tell me who on the Seattle squad you can say that about, it is a short list.


    Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

    As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

    1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.
    [quote]First round picks aren't normally selected more than a month before the draft either. Any other exceptions to the norm you want to point out? Lets keep in mind that it was the Niners Seattle outbid for Harvin, meaning in all probability, your team was willing to both pay him and trade at least this year's first and a decent pick next year for the same guy. Seattle was willing to pay a bit more.
    [/quote]

    Actually I think it's completely fair to give Baalke credit. Its not like he appeared out of nowhere. He was a big part of putting that draft board together to begin with. He was also the man who pulled the trigger on those drafts. Then he followed that up with a stupendous 2011 draft. I'm not gonna say Scot had nothing to do with the success of this team. Of course he did. I liked him as a GM. Its just too bad he drank like a fish.

    I wasn't trying to imply that they intended to redshirt Jenkins. I was saying that that's what happened. It probably would have happned to LMJ as well if Hunter hadn't been hurt. It was tho intended with Joe Looney and ended up being the case with Darius Fleming because he got hurt.

    The Niners didn't have many roster spots. They were willing to take an injured player. They were also willing to move picks to THIS year (which is why they have so many).

    As for the "your coach won't play rookies" assertion....FALSE. He will play the rookies if they are the best at the position. Aldon Smith had 14 sacks as a rookie. Bruce Miller played DE in college yet STARTED at FB last year as a rookie. Rookies not playing has been a function of who else was on the roster, not an unwillingness to play rookies. I can almost guarantee that the Niners will probably start a rookie at FS this year.

    As for Harvin, there is exactly ZERO evidense of this. I don't think the Niners were EVER going to pay Harvin like that and would not have given up that many picks. The 49ers have been attached to almost EVERY team that is trading a player. That hasn't come from SF. That has come from the fact that they have alot of picks and reporters try to connect the dots. They were also attached to Revis....do you see that deal getting done? No. The 49ers are trying to extend their OWN players. It isn't their MO to give up premium picks and huge $$$ for players not already on the roster. Not gonna happen.

    The point I was making about Harvin as a 1st round pick was that one of the big benefits for really talented teams is that those first round picks will now be bound to teams for 5 years under very small contracts. To most of the league...big deal. To teams like the 49ers and Seahawks...that IS a big deal. Both of these teams are going to have serious trouble keeping all of their talent. One of the bad parts about drafting so well is that you end up not being able to keep them all. You need an infusion of cheap talent to keep yourself up and running. Spending 65 mil for a WR AND a 1, a 7, and a 3 next year...bad business IMO.

    The 49ers are already feeling the pinch. Thats why they lost Goldson. That's why they resigned Bowman 2 years early. Thats why they signed Anthony Davis 2 years early. They know that the prices will be much bigger 2 years from now so they are trying to lock in TODAYS prices. It won't be long before the 'hawks start feeling this pinch as well. I'm never a fan of trading away a 1st round pick. You have a possibility there of a VERY good player bound to you for a cheap price.

    Finally...you said that no rational person would say that the Niners can't draft. If that's the case, then you have alot of irrational posters on this site. ;-)
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:32 am
  • I haven't seen a lot of the can:t draft talk as muchh as the unproven
    2010 was obviously influenced by McCloughan and 2011 Blake was picking early in the draft compliments of poor play, 2012 he had neither McCloughan or early picks and produced Neil. 2013 is a prove it year IMO.

    Tim Ruskell's first of season and draft got the Seaawks to the super bowl but what he did after that completely destroyed the franchise.

    We'll see just like we'll see if Harvin was worth the price.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3027
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:I haven't seen a lot of the can:t draft talk as muchh as the unproven
    2010 was obviously influenced by McCloughan and 2011 Blake was picking early in the draft compliments of poor play, 2012 he had neither McCloughan or early picks and produced Neil. 2013 is a prove it year IMO.

    Tim Ruskell's first of season and draft got the Seaawks to the super bowl but what he did after that completely destroyed the franchise.

    We'll see just like we'll see if Harvin was worth the price.


    I could just as easily say that all of the prior drafts McCloughan had in SF were influenced by Baalke (particularly since Scot had a drinking problem). Baalke was his right hand man the entire time. McCloughan drafted Smith when he should have selected Rogers. He took Kentwan Balmer in round 1. He was a good GM, but he wasn't infalable.

    Early picks don't mean a thing if you take the wrong guy. NOBODY thought Aldon Smith was going to be a top 10 pick. They didn't just take the logical guy there. Baalke also PASSED on Blaine Gabbert to take Aldon and then moved UP in round 2 to get Kaepernick. He followed that up with Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore (you don't know him now but may in the not to distant future), and Bruce Miller (who played DE in college and the Niners made him a FB).

    This notion that Scot built the team and that Baalke is just living off those picks is a fallacy. Are a number of those players on the roster? Yes...they were very good picks. I take nothing away from Scot, but it seems Seattle fans WANT desparately to believe that Baalke doesn't know what he's doing and it was ALL McCloughan.

    Say what you want in 2010, but it was Baalke who made those picks. It was Baalke who moved up for Anthony Davis. It was Baalke who selected Mike Iupati. It was Baalke who selected Navorro Bowman in round THREE.

    Wanting the Niners to suck in the draft process is just wishful thinking in the Pacific Northwest.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 am
  • And nothing you just said changes my point. You say Seahawks fans want him to fail well don't 9er fans feel the opposite?
    Fact is this is his prove it draft. He has 14 picks and not early or with McClouan's input. If he fails like last year there is no excuse and you know it.

    Make all the excuses and assumptions you want but it doesn't change the results of his only draft without early picks or McCloughan's input.

    By the way, trying to point out McCloughan's bad picks in an attempt to discredit him so Balls looks better is weak sauce. Balke was part of those bad picks also and McCloughan as GM brought you some amazing talent over the years.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3027
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:59 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:And nothing you just said changes my point. You say Seahawks fans want him to fail well don't 9er fans feel the opposite?
    Fact is this is his prove it draft. He has 14 picks and not early or with McClouan's input. If he fails like last year there is no excuse and you know it.

    Make all the excuses and assumptions you want but it doesn't change the results of his only draft without early picks or McCloughan's input.

    By the way, trying to point out McCloughan's bad picks in an attempt to discredit him so Balls looks better is weak sauce. Balke was part of those bad picks also and McCloughan as GM brought you some amazing talent over the years.


    Not sure you can say this is his make it or brake it draft just because we have 14 picks this year, as we will obviously NOT be picking 14 guys in the draft or signing all of our draft selectees to a contract given our cap situation.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:And nothing you just said changes my point. You say Seahawks fans want him to fail well don't 9er fans feel the opposite?
    Fact is this is his prove it draft. He has 14 picks and not early or with McClouan's input. If he fails like last year there is no excuse and you know it.

    Make all the excuses and assumptions you want but it doesn't change the results of his only draft without early picks or McCloughan's input.

    By the way, trying to point out McCloughan's bad picks in an attempt to discredit him so Balls looks better is weak sauce. Balke was part of those bad picks also and McCloughan as GM brought you some amazing talent over the years.


    Wait....huh?

    So......Baalke gets no credit for the 2010 draft but gets blame for the bad picks that McCloughan made? Interesting...

    BTW, I wasn't attempting to discredit McCloughan. I thought he was a good GM and was sad to see him go. My point was that even good GMs don't hit on every pick. Bill Walsh was one of the best talent evaluators ever and he MOVED UP to draft Reggie McGrew in the first round and signed Lawrence Phillips as a FA. They all make mistakes.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:56 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:And nothing you just said changes my point. You say Seahawks fans want him to fail well don't 9er fans feel the opposite?
    Fact is this is his prove it draft. He has 14 picks and not early or with McClouan's input. If he fails like last year there is no excuse and you know it.

    Make all the excuses and assumptions you want but it doesn't change the results of his only draft without early picks or McCloughan's input.

    By the way, trying to point out McCloughan's bad picks in an attempt to discredit him so Balls looks better is weak sauce. Balke was part of those bad picks also and McCloughan as GM brought you some amazing talent over the years.


    Not sure you can say this is his make it or brake it draft just because we have 14 picks this year, as we will obviously NOT be picking 14 guys in the draft or signing all of our draft selectees to a contract given our cap situation.


    Well we actually only have 13 picks now (after Colt McCoy trade), but your point is correct. The Niners will probably move up in the draft from a few of their current spots and will also probably trade some picks into next year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:46 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:And nothing you just said changes my point. You say Seahawks fans want him to fail well don't 9er fans feel the opposite?
    Fact is this is his prove it draft. He has 14 picks and not early or with McClouan's input. If he fails like last year there is no excuse and you know it.

    Make all the excuses and assumptions you want but it doesn't change the results of his only draft without early picks or McCloughan's input.

    By the way, trying to point out McCloughan's bad picks in an attempt to discredit him so Balls looks better is weak sauce. Balke was part of those bad picks also and McCloughan as GM brought you some amazing talent over the years.


    You have NO idea what you're talking about. Scot McClueless was a horrible talent evaluator. Its no wonder our draft sucked as soon as they stripped Nolan of his GM duties and put McNugget in charge. McRib deserves no credit for that 2010 draft because he didn't make the final call on draft day. Baalke did.

    Trent Baalke, director of player personnel, will handle the majority of the decisions on draft day including the final word on which players to select. Director of pro personnel Tom Gamble will assist Baalke during the draft.

    On how much it sets back the organization losing their GM a month before the draft:

    “Not at all. Trent has all the information that we need. I have full confidence in Trent to be able to execute. He’s been the person that’s been out on the road. He’s organized the area scouts. He will absolutely be able to lead us through the draft.”


    http://www.examiner.com/article/jed-yor ... rence-call

    Or maybe you're one of those fans who thinks a GM just solely works alone in his little office and does everything independently. McFlurry had help putting together his draft board. But that's besides the point. Its not as simple as just scrolling down a big board and selecting a player. What other teams do and don't do, dictates the moves you make and the players you select or are available for you to select on draft day. Do you trade up? Do you trade back? Do you go need over bpa and vice versa? You take all that into account when you're on the clock. You make it sound as if Baalke just picked the players McDouble had already outlined for him to select. Please tell me you're not that dense?

    Mike Nolan will keep his job as 49ers coach but will relinquish final say over personnel decisions, according to ESPN.com. After two days of meetings, 49ers owners John and Denise DeBartolo York decided Tuesday night to retain Nolan, who has two years left on the five-year contract he signed before the 2005 season. Nolan also had been the general manager but has agreed to give up that control as a condition for his return. The top contender to take over general manager duties is believed to be current vice president of player personnel Scot McCloughan.


    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2008 ... lin-tackle

    So let's take a look at what happens when McChicken has final say over a draft.

    2008

    1 29 Kentwan Balmer
    2 8 Chilo Rachal
    3 12 Reggie Smith
    4 8 Cody Wallace
    6 8 Josh Morgan
    7 7 Larry Grant OLB

    His first 3 picks are no longer in the league. Wallace will probably be next. Only Morgan and Grant remain. Morgan was a good find. Grant turned into a solid depth LB. But his first 4 picks were atrocious. Explain that?

    **EDIT** Chilo Rachal just signed with the Cards. And one of the weakest O-Lines in football just got a little worst. We'll see if he makes the final 53. Reggie Smith justed signed with the Raiders. They're so devoid of talent at safety he might stick. Still lousy picks.

    2009

    1 10 Michael Crabtree
    3 10 Glen Coffee
    5 10 Scott McKillop
    5 35 Nate Davis QB
    6 11 Bear Pascoe
    7 10 Curtis Taylor
    7 35 Ricky Jean-Francois

    Crabtree fell in his lap so I won't give him credit for that. WR was our biggest need and the most productive WR through 2 years in college history fell to the 10th pick. Coffee is no longer in the league. McKillop is a 3rd string back-up/ST guy in Buffalo. Nate Davis didn't make it 3 years in the league. Curtis Taylor was out of the league for two years before we signed him just before the playoffs last year. He was signed by the Cards this off-season. Decent back-up/ST guy. Pascoe caught on with the Giants after we released him as blocking TE. RJF was the second best pick in that draft after Crabs. Still a very unimpressive draft.

    So to clarify, the TWO drafts that McMuffin was in charge of, had finally say in, produced ONE viable, sure-fire starter. And that was a prospect who was pretty much hand-picked for him to select based on biggest team need. But all of the drafts before and after these two, produced tons of starters and Pro Bowl talent. But you're implying McGriddle deserves credit for the ones he didn't have final say over right? C'MON MANNNNN!

    I don't know why its hard for most 'Hawks fans to give Baalke credit. I give Schneider tons a credit. I knew he would do well, coming out of that Packers front office and working under Ted Thompson. Which is exactly why I didn't want him in our division. He's done a great job of drafting and adding pieces in free agency. Though I think Avril isn't a great fit and extremely overrated, Bennett and Harvin were great acquisitions. Still have to play the games but you can't argue with the vision. I just don't understand some over-zealous 'Hawks fans thinking that we should already hand over the NFC West trophy because of these moves. That book has yet to be written.

    Trying to use McCafe as a means to discredit Baalke is just lame and doesn't give you a leg to stand on. Because the FACTS suggest otherwise. And who judges a draft not even a year after? If Jenkins does well next year, alot of you will have egg on your face. He had 4 NFL caliber wideouts with experience ahead of him on the depth chart the minute he was drafted. Crabs, Moss, and Manningham are legit NFL talents, who have produced in this league. And Kyle Williams was really becoming a factor for us in his packages before he got hurt. I said the minute he was drafted that he'd be lucky to make the 45 active on Sundays. I saw the potential but I also knew, barring injury and him improving his functional strength and base overnight that he was more of a longshot to contribute last season. I just happened to be right....which happens alot.

    You're also failing to realize we had a loaded roster before the draft. None of the picks were guys who were sought to come in right away and contribute, excluding injury to someone ahead of them on the depth chart if they even made the roster. Fleming would have probably helped when Haralson went down in preseason but he blew out his knee before the ink on his contract was even dry. Baalke got six sure fire starters in the previous two drafts. Might be seven if we release Goodwin and they make Kilgore the starter, which is very possible looking at our cap at the moment. Not to mention, another future starter in Cully. And a ton of depth with guys like Kyle Williams, Anthony Dixon, and Kendall Hunter. Exactly where did you expect the 2012 class to fit in?
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:01 am
  • 757Niner you really have no clue what you're talking in reference to McCloughan. He had a lot to do with the drafting during his tenure there; he was the one who snagged Crabtree, and Patrick Willis. Now his main problem was that he was an Alcoholic, and if that wasn't a problem he may still be with the 49ers.

    I think it's foolish for homer Seahawk fans to simply dismiss Balke as if he hasn't had good picks recently, and it's foolish of 49er fans to dismiss what McCloughan, and even Mike Nolan did for your franchise. They were both good evaluators of talent and yes that includes Alex Smith, you can make an argument if McCarthy or Turner had stayed with them longer (neither of whom were fired but given HEAD COACHING jobs) the version of Smith you all saw under Harbaugh would have probably emerged sooner; now Nolan as a head coach sucked, but that's a while other issue.

    McCloughan and Blake have done great things for the 49ers and to say neither of them had any impact is foolish and to dismiss the solid things they've done is foolish; they've both made dumb choices, but also solid ones.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information