Anquan Boldin - not happy?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:50 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Seeing these 49ers fans on here is like watching an old, ageing football player who's clearly past his best. You feel sad because you know what they used to be, all cocky and brash. And now they're just struggling out there.

    Funnily enough... a bit like all the players the Niners are trying to sign at the moment..


    Just as funny seeing 'Hawks fans all giddy about FA signings, thinking the Super Bowl is won in March. All excited by the addition of a guy like Avril, a pass-rusher that has been dominated by the weakest link on our O-Line(Davis), two years running. Grasping at straws about our newly acquired players when nothing could be further from the truth. Fun times right?

    "As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys," Boldin told ESPN Radio. "I've always been a fan of the 49ers. I'm happy to be part of an organization like that."


    Congrats on winning free agency though....when's the trophy presentation?
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm
  • 757Niner wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Seeing these 49ers fans on here is like watching an old, ageing football player who's clearly past his best. You feel sad because you know what they used to be, all cocky and brash. And now they're just struggling out there.

    Funnily enough... a bit like all the players the Niners are trying to sign at the moment..


    Just as funny seeing 'Hawks fans all giddy about FA signings, thinking the Super Bowl is won in March. All excited by the addition of a guy like Avril, a pass-rusher that has been dominated by the weakest link on our O-Line(Davis), two years running. Grasping at straws about our newly acquired players when nothing could be further from the truth. Fun times right?

    "As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys," Boldin told ESPN Radio. "I've always been a fan of the 49ers. I'm happy to be part of an organization like that."


    Congrats on winning free agency though....when's the trophy presentation?


    It's just funny watching 49ers fans like you spending so much time posting on a rival's message boards defending your team. You're not going to change any of our minds. Lol @ wasting of life.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2268
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    757Niner wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Seeing these 49ers fans on here is like watching an old, ageing football player who's clearly past his best. You feel sad because you know what they used to be, all cocky and brash. And now they're just struggling out there.

    Funnily enough... a bit like all the players the Niners are trying to sign at the moment..


    Just as funny seeing 'Hawks fans all giddy about FA signings, thinking the Super Bowl is won in March. All excited by the addition of a guy like Avril, a pass-rusher that has been dominated by the weakest link on our O-Line(Davis), two years running. Grasping at straws about our newly acquired players when nothing could be further from the truth. Fun times right?

    "As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys," Boldin told ESPN Radio. "I've always been a fan of the 49ers. I'm happy to be part of an organization like that."


    Congrats on winning free agency though....when's the trophy presentation?


    It's just funny watching 49ers fans like you spending so much time posting on a rival's message boards defending your team. You're not going to change any of our minds. Lol @ wasting of life.


    Uhhhh, I've been a part of this SEAHAWKS message board longer then you. So I guess my question is, what's your deal? I like talking football with other fanbases. I get along with posters here for the most part. When you make moves that make sense, I give you guys props. When you don't, I say you just f'd up. I do the same with my own team, which is why most posters here show me respect. I call them like I see them. Like I've repeated here before, I'm also a member of several other NFL teams forums. Im on other teams boards, more than my own...because oun board sucks for the most part, I'll readily admit that. But Im still going to defend my team....that should be a given.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 pm
  • Where all the the 40Bums come from? How's Manningham working out? Who's your safety? hahah Dahl. How old is Justin Smith again? Yo Aldon, Hows your shoulder holding up? Is somebody becoming injury prone.

    As for the OP Bolden won't be happy when he finishes his career with just one ring.
    User avatar
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 912
    Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am
    Location: Seattle , Wa


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm
  • kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

    He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5093
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:24 pm
  • 757Niner wrote:Just as funny seeing 'Hawks fans all giddy about FA signings, thinking the Super Bowl is won in March. All excited by the addition of a guy like Avril, a pass-rusher that has been dominated by the weakest link on our O-Line(Davis), two years running. Grasping at straws about our newly acquired players when nothing could be further from the truth. Fun times right?



    For starters, I don't recall claiming the Super Bowl was won in March. And I don't think any fans on this board, aside from obvious jest, truly believe the Seahawks have secured next season's title based on their moves in the past few days.

    However, you'd have to be a complete homer to suggest the moves Seattle made won't significantly bolster what was already a pretty strong team. Kudos to Anthony Davis for playing well in two games against Avril. Davis is a fine offensive tackle and could play the blind side easily in my view. Had Eric Berry dropped to #6 for Seattle in 2010, I think there's every chance the Seahawks would've moved up to make sure they got Davis with their other first round pick (assuming Okung was gone).

    But you know what? Even if Avril sucks twice against you guys next season, he might still be a terrific signing. I don't recall Chris Clemons having a major impact in the 42-13 beat down. Avril will play the LEO so he's going to line up against Joe Staley exclusively. If Staley wins that battle in the same way Davis won, then it still won't necessarily be a determining factor in our two games in 2013.

    Against other teams though, Avril could still have a lot of success. The LEO position is designed to be favourable to Avril's skill set. He should prosper overall.

    As for the other two guys, Bennett will probably line up all over the place and I'm excited to see how he fits in. It's going to be difficult in obvious passing situations for teams to block a rush of Bennett, Avril and Irvin with potentially Clemons coming back into the mix too. Harvin is a flat out playmaker. If he'd joined San Francisco instead, I can honestly say I'd be petrified and would've congratulated you guys. There aren't many guys like Percy out there. And if you're being truly honest, you'll admit that he's far better than any player we could've wished to draft at #25. A lot of people point to the injuries (not as bad as feared) and character (people said the same about Lynch, Carroll seems to be able to control these guys). We have a lot of background with Harvin given Bevell worked with him in Minnesota and Carroll recruited the heck out of him. That gives me confidence.

    At the same time, it looks to me like you guys are putting a lot of faith in the draft. You've lost some good players. I hate the idea of Dorsey as a nose tackle. Dahl is crappy, sorry but he is. I get he probably won't start. I've always been a Boldin fan but remind me when he last had a regular season where he showed up like he did in the playoffs? I fear he'll go back to being what he always was in Baltimore -- a big possession guy who doesn't really threaten you all that much. I think you had an elite possession receiver already in Crabtree. I think what you need is a couple of burner's given Kaep's got the arm to make it happen. You talk about Avril getting beat by Anthony Davis... have a look at Boldin's numbers the last time he met our secondary.

    Dashon Goldson is a big loss and I didn't like your secondary anyway before he moved on. Justin Smith is 34 this year and even if he's back to his dominating best in 2013, he won't last forever. I think you'll admit your defense suffered quite a bit without him.

    Now maybe you have the draft to end all drafts? But either way, the onus is on you guys now to keep re-tooling and get younger on the DL and in the secondary, while also finding a couple more weapons on defense. Plus you're going to have some expensive re-signs coming up (like us, I appreciate that).

    Compare this to us. From 2012 we've got two starters... TWO... who are free agents. Alan Branch and Leroy Hill. That's it. We might even still re-sign Branch. If not, that's two holes to fill with eight draft picks or whatever else we do in free agency. As a cumulative, we've significantly improved our roster in the last seven days. You guys have weakened yours. And the draft will be very important for you.

    So that's why Seahawks fans are feeling pretty good about life right now. It doesn't mean we'll beat you twice, win the NFC West or the Super Bowl. But right now I don't think anyone can argue that we've made improvements and you've got work to do before the summer.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8286
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:Or maybe he's part of the 97% of the league who knows harbaugh is a grade A douche?

    If he's such a douche why do the 49ers players love him so much? Oh wait, of course, all the 49ers players are douches too. Silly me. :stirthepot:

    Image

    ^^ A douche.





    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    757Niner wrote: As a cumulative, we've significantly improved our roster in the last seven days. You guys have weakened yours. And the draft will be very important for you.

    So that's why Seahawks fans are feeling pretty good about life right now. It doesn't mean we'll beat you twice, win the NFC West or the Super Bowl. But right now I don't think anyone can argue that we've made improvements and you've got work to do before the summer.


    Coming from 49er fans who've watched every single game, Goldson is WAY over rated. Great at hitting people, amazing at blowing coverages. Just last season, his first Pro Bowl appearance, his Pro Football Focus rating was negative. In my honest opinion, getting Boldin alone almost makes up for losing Goldson. Why? Because he's a REDZONE threat, something Crabtree, Davis, and everyone else we have is NOT. Goldson is replaceable, but we have not had a legitimate number 2 WR since Jerry Rice was our number 2 behind Owens.

    Same story with Sopoaga. He really was not very good. He was the weakness of our front 7. I do believe we will draft replacements for both Goldson and Sopa, leaving us with a net gain (and Dorsey will not be playing much NT, I don't think). And then we'll probably pick up a couple more great players out of these 14 picks. At worst, we'll be better set up for the future even if Seattle takes over in the short run.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 428
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:28 pm
  • You can't just quote '14 picks' like it's a given you're going to solve your problems there. You might end up having the draft to end all drafts. You might also have a few more A.J. Jenkins' in there. The draft is a crap shoot for the most part.

    I read earlier today (think it was from your GM) that Dorsey is playing the nose. Put him at end if you want. It's not like he did anything in all those years with the Chiefs. He's an epic bust thus far. To expect he'll suddenly come good approaching thirty is very optimistic.

    Goldson was overrated... OK. I didn't watch him much. Maybe you're right. Maybe you wouldn't be saying that had he stuck around and not gone after money.

    Boldin is a red zone threat... he has 18 touchdowns in the last four years. He's had Kurt Warner and Joe Flacco throwing to him in those four years, so no excuses there. Great post season just recently, but if you're banking on him to beat that 4-5 touchdown a year average - good luck.

    The fact is whether the guys you need to replace or not were any good, they still need to be replaced. And by the sounds of it you're banking on hitting on a bunch of draft picks to get it done. Maybe that works out for you? We'll see. But you're taking a major assumption that this draft will set you up for the future. You don't know that. Meanwhile we have to replace a defensive tackle and a WILL from 2012. We may still re-sign the DT. We have a great young core and don't even have to pay our young starts for a few years yet. I know what position I'd rather be in.

    And I know I won't be going over to any 49ers forums either to make these points...
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8286
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:03 pm
  • Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

    I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:28 am
  • Lady Talon wrote:Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

    I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.


    It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:Or maybe he's part of the 97% of the league who knows harbaugh is a grade A douche?

    If he's such a douche why do the 49ers players love him so much? Oh wait, of course, all the 49ers players are douches too. Silly me. :stirthepot:

    Image

    ^^ A douche.




    Well your QB is a special kind of douche for kissing his weak ass bicep.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19359
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 am
  • The Boldin signing is the classic he kicked our ass so he must be good type of signing. Well, Boldin is good. That is no guarantee he will connect with Kaepernick. Kaep struggled to establish on field chemistry with Davis, and Davis gets a lot more separation than Boldin. I thought the real issue was the Niners secondary, which so far is not improved, and I certainly would not trust many rookies to improve it. The Niners are going to get hurt back there this upcoming year, like it or not. I like it.

    And losing Goldson is a big damn deal. There are not many punishers in the league like him.

    Sounds to me like Boldin will be plenty happy to be a Niner, though. The premise of this thread is probably wrong.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11972
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:14 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:The Boldin signing is the classic he kicked our ass so he must be good type of signing. Well, Boldin is good. That is no guarantee he will connect with Kaepernick. Kaep struggled to establish on field chemistry with Davis, and Davis gets a lot more separation than Boldin. I thought the real issue was the Niners secondary, which so far is not improved, and I certainly would not trust many rookies to improve it. The Niners are going to get hurt back there this upcoming year, like it or not. I like it.

    And losing Goldson is a big damn deal. There are not many punishers in the league like him.

    Sounds to me like Boldin will be plenty happy to be a Niner, though. The premise of this thread is probably wrong.


    In the end, after everything shakes out, he might be better off (seeing what the Ravens are doing so far in FA).

    The premise of this thread was based on the interview where he seemed shellshocked that he had been traded. He's a class guy till the end, so I don't think he makes a fuss or underplays. Unhappy might have produced unintentional implications that he would half-ass it because he was unhappy with the trade. I don't see that at all.

    I'm not inclined to discuss the state of the 49ers any further though since we can't seem to keep the San Fran homers out of our threads.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7233
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 am
  • 5 Golden Rings, care to give us a few pieces of evidence that all or the vast majority of Harbaugh's players love him? I mean a few things we can actually read or watch ourselves to use as evidence, not your assumption for your team. Goldson and Smith sure don't. (Didn't, rather, since they're gone now.)

    P.S., I'm not talking about the normal stuff that virtually all players say about their coach whether they believe it or not.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26920
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 am
  • Here's a very interesting article on the 49ers from a San Francisco writer, whose "favorite athlete" per their profile is Patrick Willis.

    http://edraft.com/nfl/news/are-the-san- ... hemselves/

    If the 49ers treat their own guys that way when their contracts are coming to an end, then I'd say a lot of 49ers players are going to dislike the team/coach. Seems like their strategy is to just low-ball the player and stick to it; don't like it, leave.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26920
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

    I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.


    It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.


    All well and good but isn't refuting analysis based off evidence of the past few years of games based on an off season report just as bad as thinking that off season acquisitions of Harvin, Avril, and Bennett increase the potency of the Seahawks?
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

    Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5637
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 pm
  • Some of you so called Seahawks fans are really embarrassing yourselves

    How about show a little class? I'm seeing far too much stupidity lately
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 376
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

    Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:



    ANQUAN BOLDIN IS BETTER THAN PERCY HARVIN IN EVERY WAY AND WE GOT HIM FOR PEANUTS, PERCY HARVIN SUCKS!


    (Like my 49ers fan impression?)
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26920
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:29 am
  • Roland whoever (Niner) fan told you that Anquan is better than Percy is a bit of a homer. So do the rest of us Niner fans a favor and accept it when there are alot of us that believe that the hawks will be extremely deadly. And while Anquan can be a big help, he is up there in age and how much does he have left who knows. Hopefully alot. And while we do not know which Harvin will show up. The stud or the I broke a nail reciever he has been known to be. We all do not know. What we know is that there are some of us that respect the moves the hawks are doing and are aware of the poosibilities for them. We are also aware of the possibiliteis and the holes for the Niners. It will be some hard battles for both of us and may the better team win.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 805
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:23 am
  • Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.


    Shits weak.


    Enough said.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:36 am
  • He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 123
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 am
  • Has Boldin spoke of this since the interview the OP is referencing? When I heard I thought it was a great move for SF however it does not scare me at all with Seattle's secondary. Its a nice veteran pickup assuming he is happy but it will not tilt the field against us.
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2821
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 am
  • kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...


    Aside from drafting Anthony McCoy, Malcolm Smith and picking up Mike Morgan and bringing in players like Mike Williams and Lendale White (yet not afraid to cut them when they're not good enough) you mean?


    Also, note the difference between the Seahawks and Ravens organisations. One signed a player that made a favourite of the fans, model professional and excellent player over 3 years obsolete, and rather than trade him for a draft pick to a team he didn't want to go to, cut him so he could sign with who he wanted. The other took a player that was integral in their superbowl run just weeks beforehand and traded him elsewhere to a team without asking him if he wanted to go... for a 6th round pick.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2602
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:Obviously Sherman and Baldwin liked him enough to be recruited by him ...


    You mean, before he was actually their coach?...

    HA ha! Great call!
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1476
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am
  • Ninerguy wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Confused you for someone else


    Cool, I thought that might be the case, I actually get a few nice PMs from Hawk fans in my inbox on occasion, though they would never say it in public in a thread :mrgreen: Living here in the PNW as a Niner fan can be more than interesting when it comes to football discussions, which honestly last 12 months of the year!

    BTW, Here is an actual quote form Boldins interview."As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys,” Boldin said. “I’ve always been a fan of the 49ers. For me, I’m happy to be part of an organization like that.”

    Great call! You can see how he's carefully complimenting the team without ever mentioning the vile Harbaugh. He's got to say something good about his new team.
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1476
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

    Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:

    FEAR.
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1476
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 am
  • sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

    He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.


    Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 pm
  • At least Pete Carroll said he wouldn't leave USC unless the Seahawks gave him more power then most teams give their coaches. He almost guaranteed he would be staying until we gave him the dream job. Only an idiot would have denied himself the chance to control a whole team, pick his own GM, and be subject to no one except a hands off owner.

    He didn't like Chip Kelly, reject a head coaching job. Then change his mind when it became clear the NCAA didn't accept Oregon's self investigation and would pursue their own.

    If you think Pete RAN AWAY from USC, should take a look at what the Hawks gave him.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 pm
  • kag0331 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

    He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.


    Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.

    He left several months before the sanctions came down after waiting around for four years for the NCAA to do something. In fact, he went to the hearing to 'testify' after getting hired by the Hawks in spite of the fact the NCAA could no longer require him to do so.

    He had always said he'd be interested to see whether he could succeed at the NFL after USC, but he didn't think anyone would ever give him what he wanted: control over player personnel, the ability to instill his philosophy throughout the organization, a collaborative relationship with the GM, etc. Allen offered all that plus support for Pete's charity.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5093
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm
  • How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26920
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.


    Gonna be funny when the rest of the 9er nation realizes Kaepernick can only make one read though :)
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19359
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

    I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.


    It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.

    Odd that it took that long for the lights to come on, don't you think?
    I guess that Pete Carroll kinda knew all along that players like Sherman, Wilson, Wagner, and a whole bunch of others deserved a shot to prove themselves sooner, rather than later.
    Harbaugh being a fresh out College Coach didn't know this?,,He'd have done well to adopt the Pete Carroll's "Always Compete" mantra,I guess it's better late, than never though eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3890
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Shaz wrote:Some of you so called Seahawks fans are really embarrassing yourselves

    How about show a little class? I'm seeing far too much stupidity lately

    Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3890
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:43 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:


    Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26920
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.



    Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 259
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 pm
  • , I've been a part of this SEAHAWKS message board longer then you. So I guess my question is, what's your deal? I like talking football with other fanbases. I get along with posters here for the most part. When you make moves that make sense, I give you guys props. When you don't, I say you just f'd up. I do the same with my own team, which is why most posters here show me respect. I call them like I see them. Like I've repeated here before, I'm also a member of several other NFL teams forums. Im on other teams boards, more than my own...because oun board sucks for the most part, I'll readily admit that. But Im still going to defend my team....that should be a given.


    I couldn't agree more, I also love spending time on rival forums and I personally like having rival fans on our forums for some great discussions, as a Hawk fan I'm happy to have you here with us!
    Seatown001
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 am
  • NorCal wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.



    Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.


    As it seems, the shock of finding out he was traded while he was in Africa has worn off:

    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

    I imagine that knowing your old team is a shell of its former self after the SB, helps to ease the frustration as well.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 am
  • kag0331 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

    He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.


    Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.

    So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3890
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:11 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:


    Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.

    Care to name names?..I have noticed that their are fans here that do fine with "Talking Football", but when someone makes a subtle cut, or slight at some of the fans here, I think they have the right to answer in like form.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3890
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:18 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.



    You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5958
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.


    Shits weak.


    Enough said.


    Anquan Boldin led all NFL receivers in touchdowns and yardage during these last playoffs. He's already talking about how excited he is to get to work with Kaepernick and develop their chemistry. The guy is nails. He competes like a madman for every reception. Some of you must have seen how he completely owned the Niner secondary in the Super Bowl. This thread is homer B.S. and it makes me nervous. I just always feel like when Seahawks fans start this crap, they're just asking for a letdown.
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm
  • So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

    Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.
    Teqneek
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 280
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:14 pm
  • Teqneek wrote:So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

    Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.


    But he doesn't need to be a "number 1" or 2. I just look forward to him being a threat in the redzone and maybe getting V Davis open a bit more. Its just adding to the WR core, not scoring a world beater
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 259
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm
  • Teqneek wrote:So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

    Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.

    For real?
    His ROOKIE season. 101 catches, 1377 yards, 8 scores. He was good from day one. Was also the fastest receiver ever to 300 catches.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11972
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.



    You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?



    UUUMMM... You must not pay much attention to NCAA football thats what they do wrong or right punish the head coach, they think it sets the example...
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:03 am
  • Come on San Fran. Your coach is a douche. The whole NFL world sees it but not their fans?
    Image
    User avatar
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1336
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

    I think the NFL and most people in the league respect Harbaugh, and Carrol a lot of more for the the caliber of team he's assembled. Pete's a better coach now than he was in 2000 with the Patriots. Harbaugh knows how to acquire talent that doesn't seem any good or mediocre like Carlos Rodgers, Alex Smith, and turn them into solid pro bowl worthy players.

    Both are probably seen as jerks but they both have earned the respect they have now even if you don't like the colors they were on Sundays.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 am
  • Shinigami wrote:Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.


    You mean his second season right?
    His Patriots beat the Dolphins in his second season as a coach.
    And then he beat the Saints in his 5th season.

    And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
    The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
    Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2602
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:15 am
  • Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

    Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    User avatar
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 939
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA


Next


It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online