Anquan Boldin - not happy?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I just heard Boldin on Mike and Mike. He's down in Africa with Roddy White and Larry Fitzgerald doing some charity work. He got word of the trade via text message and he doesn't sound happy about it. I don't think it will affect his play on the field, but it is interesting to note that he isn't pleased at all that he got traded and Percy is stoked to be here.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Harvin knew he wouldn't be a Viking next year, Boldin being traded was a complete surprise to him.

He is in shock.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Or maybe he's part of the 97% of the league who knows harbaugh is a grade A douche?

KK84

Reaction score
I was listening to it as well. It's been a couple days the shock has warn off some. There was definite disappointment in his voice.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Would you be happy having to play for the evil Harbaugh?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'd be irritated, too, if I was the playoff MVP for a team, and then told me, "See ya, baby! Flacco gets a car and 120 million and you get chumped!" And then to find out it's to the Bay Area against a team he probably despises after playing them twice a year while with Arizona?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":yrh45mcx said:
I'd be irritated, too, if I was the playoff MVP for a team, and then told me, "See ya, baby! Flacco gets a car and 120 million and you get chumped!" And then to find out it's to the Bay Area against a team he probably despises after playing them twice a year while with Arizona?

And for a 6th round pick.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Sucks for Boldin. Without him, Ravens probably don't win the SB. So yeah, it is true that he is disappointed to be a 49er but I imagine most of that disappointment is because he wanted to retire a Raven. Some of it probably does come from disliking Harbaugh after all the bs during and after the SB

That being said, Boldin is the type of guy that will give 100% and he will be a factor/big upgrade over Moss. Also it could be worse, at least he was traded to a playoff team and not to the Jets; Raiders, or another terrible team.

The Outfield

Reaction score
CPHawk":ucu9jklq said:

After watching that guy on the field, I seriously would have a hard time seeing him as a coach I would WANT to play for. That's a pretty big problem for SF.

NorCal

Reaction score
The Outfield":116dy3gy said:
CPHawk":116dy3gy said:

After watching that guy on the field, I seriously would have a hard time seeing him as a coach I would WANT to play for. That's a pretty big problem for SF.

Except the fact that all the players that do play for him love him. SO, where is the problem?

mikeak

Reaction score
NorCal":3psml1ce said:
The Outfield":3psml1ce said:
CPHawk":3psml1ce said:

Except the fact that all the players that do play for him love him. SO, where is the problem?

Tell me what the players that PLAYED for him says and I will listen

Or to put this an other way. Your boss comes to you and ask you how you like working for him / her...... what are you going to answer? Remember whatever you answer will be in the papers and all over the internet

hawker84

Reaction score
NorCal, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that Hardouche is not very respected outside of SF...

CPHawk

Reaction score
Players love playing for him :177692: ? Signed all those ex Stanford players that are rushing to sign with the 9ers.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3mg4uoj7 said:
Harvin knew he wouldn't be a Viking next year, Boldin being traded was a complete surprise to him.

He is in shock.

If this is true, then why would he make the statement "if I am cut or traded, I will retire" He knew it was coming, threatening retirement to save his job, it's called a bluff, Ravens called him on it.

Doubt he is in shock, and he is probably happy to have a job. I am sure he would not be happy if he was going to AZ.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
He can still retire, and SF would still lose that 6th round pick to the Ravens. Going to be interesting how Bolden handles it.

The Outfield

Reaction score
GeekHawk":fdtk6oji said:
He hasn't NOT retired yet, actually. There's still time. God, that'd be funny.

I would laugh my butt off. Is there a deadline for when a player's supposed to announce they're retiring? It would be great if he waited until July 31st.

kag0331

Reaction score
That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

Ninerguy

Reaction score
WOW, talk about hearing what you want to hear!!!

I heard this interview live and he did express disappointment in the way he was traded, partly because he is in a small 3rd world country doing good things for people along with his buddy and old teammate Fitzgerald and he had to hear about this through a friends text when he got off the plane!

Did you also hear but failed to mention that one of the Mikes had to tell him that both Krueger and Their safety had been released as well as other players?
Boldin Had no idea that they were gone or all the other moves the Ravens have made because he is isolated from the news, it was all a shock to him.
Geez, sorry to mix in the whole story. He will play for the Niners and he will do well.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Did I mention that Jim Harbaugh is an effing douche?

Latest posts