Desmond Bryant off the table.

BallHawk

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Desmond Bryant will sign with the Browns, per league source.
Retweeted by Adam Caplan

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'd wish bad things upon him, but he's going to Cleveland, so it'd just be overkill.

pinksheets

Reaction score
They definitely have a lot of good young pieces on defense, but they still play IN Cleveland. I think the Weeden pick was an unbelievably awful move, but at this point I could go either way, stick it out and see how it goes one more year or have the balls to just move on. Cleveland also has a decent OL building, some young WRs with upside, and big bad TRich.

The deal was 5 for $34m, though, so that was probably more than Seattle would've/could've spent, and that Bryant was chasing the highest bidder.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think Cleveland needed DLine as much as they needed OLine help. They should have spent that money on LeVitre.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Someone once posted a .gif pic of a hobbit seemingly in agony or crying out to the heavens. That picture seems fitting this update.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2i52bdad said:
pinksheets":2i52bdad said:
I'd wish bad things upon him, but he's going to Cleveland, so it'd just be overkill.

Cleveland's defense is very good. I wish they'd stick with Weeden, and get some good O-line and WR pieces for him.
Cleveland's D was good. Next year is to be seen, the secondary is decent for sure.
The new owner wants to copy the 3-4 in Pitty to the T, and he is willing to switch a pretty good 4-3 to a 3-4 to do it. I have to assume Bryant is going to be a DE in the 3-4, and while I think he can play the 5 tech, it isn't what he did in Cleveland.