Hutch retiring

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:20 pm
  • According to Jay Glazer, Hutch will announce his retirement tomorrow.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7446
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 pm
  • ...and does so without a ring. Karma.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5058
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm
  • Hahahaha! You know the thing that pisses me off the most? With Hutch manning LG, Walter's career would have lasted another year or two at least. Instead, the entire load on the left side was on Walt while our GM plugged in useless G after useless G in that spot. And even after Walt retired, we plugged in useless G after useless G and it almost cost us our young Pro Bowl Left Tackle! The importance of an at least competent LG can not be underestimated! Suck it futch!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8002
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm
  • Hope he enjoyed last year's disaster of a team in Tennessee.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11333
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:37 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Hahahaha! You know the thing that pisses me off the most? With Hutch manning LG, Walter's career would have lasted another year or two at least. Instead, the entire load on the left side was on Walt while our GM plugged in useless G after useless G in that spot. And even after Walt retired, we plugged in useless G after useless G and it almost cost us our young Pro Bowl Left Tackle! The importance of an at least competent LG can not be underestimated! Suck it futch!


    Didn't do much for SA's career either. LOL.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5058
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 pm
  • Is he going to sign a one-day contract with us?
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 pm
  • All those years with the Viqueens = ONE playoff victory. Classic
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2683
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:43 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Hahahaha! You know the thing that pisses me off the most? With Hutch manning LG, Walter's career would have lasted another year or two at least. Instead, the entire load on the left side was on Walt while our GM plugged in useless G after useless G in that spot. And even after Walt retired, we plugged in useless G after useless G and it almost cost us our young Pro Bowl Left Tackle! The importance of an at least competent LG can not be underestimated! Suck it futch!

    I dunno, Sims wasn't THAT bad. With Walter's condition (the one where he couldn't take painkillers), we're lucky he lasted as long as he did.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:44 pm
  • Rat wrote:Is he going to sign a one-day contract with us?



    Hahaha...good stuff. ;)
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5058
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 pm
  • Rat wrote:Is he going to sign a one-day contract with us?

    Yeah, his sig is already in the South End shitter @ Qwest Field. :17:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3471
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:56 pm
  • I hope he sucks at retirement.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19025
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 pm
  • Hall of Famer or not?

    I think he gets some consideration, but comes up short.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18505
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:59 pm
  • Can't say I feel a little bit vindicated seeing him retire without a ring. And I can't help think his chances of getting one would have been better staying put in Seattle. Yea, it's a bit petty, but screw him.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18346
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Hall of Famer or not?

    I think he gets some consideration, but comes up short.



    Agreed. One of the greatest O-linemen of all time and Canton will not be his. Nobody associated with the league appreciated what he and Minnesota did with their BS poison pill. It destroyed our franchise and despite the great memories (what an animal!), I hope that is how he is remembered.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5058
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 pm
  • He went with a business decision, blame Reinfeldt and Ruskell not so much Hutch, it was a sad day but if you looked at what was offered he would have been crazy and was sort of trapped by the circumstances since nobody thought the Vikings would pull what they did,
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 9980
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:18 pm
  • He'll be in Canton for sure. The best guard of his generation, how could he not?
    saxmachine69
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 7
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 pm


Re: Hutch retiring
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 pm
  • saxmachine69 wrote:He'll be in Canton for sure. The best guard of his generation, how could he not?


    I agree. Seems pretty obvious, too.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Hutch retiring
Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 am
  • chris98251 wrote:He went with a business decision, blame Reinfeldt and Ruskell not so much Hutch, it was a sad day but if you looked at what was offered he would have been crazy and was sort of trapped by the circumstances since nobody thought the Vikings would pull what they did,


    OMG. "Trapped by the circumstances?" I've heard it all now.

    He allowed that language in the contract. He was a hot commodity and had nothing to lose -in fact everything to gain- by allowing a counter offer from Seattle. The Hawks were willing to make a credible counter-offer and went so far as to rework Walt's contract in order to do so. They allowed Hutch to 'explore FA' as his agent (who's name resembles an effing prophylactic) was telling them whenever they tried to get something done before season's end. I guess his myopic little brain was blinded by the light of such a big offer. Additionally, what kind of idiot would feel disrespected by not getting the franchise tag when he knew he would command big money in free agency (or at least should have known)? Maybe he's just a bit dense. Big man, small brain, but a very good OG (Canton material, IMO).



    The FO is not blameless by any means, but how were they to know the man had the thought process of a Troglodyte?

    ..and before anyone goes back to the perceived 'low-balling' in reg season, that's how all negotiations start. He picked up his billy club in anger and gave up way too early. Orrrr, he just didn't like Seattle as much as he says he does.

    I'm very glad he didn't make it back to the big dance. It's due in large part to his own ignorance.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2571
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Hutch retiring
Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 am
  • Huck Futch!
    .
    .
    .
    (though I do think he gets in the HOF)




    GO ZAGS!!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10829
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Hutch retiring
Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:48 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He went with a business decision, blame Reinfeldt and Ruskell not so much Hutch, it was a sad day but if you looked at what was offered he would have been crazy and was sort of trapped by the circumstances since nobody thought the Vikings would pull what they did,


    OMG. "Trapped by the circumstances?" I've heard it all now.

    He allowed that language in the contract. He was a hot commodity and had nothing to lose -in fact everything to gain- by allowing a counter offer from Seattle. The Hawks were willing to make a credible counter-offer and went so far as to rework Walt's contract in order to do so. They allowed Hutch to 'explore FA' as his agent (who's name resembles an effing prophylactic) was telling them whenever they tried to get something done before season's end. I guess his myopic little brain was blinded by the light of such a big offer. Additionally, what kind of idiot would feel disrespected by not getting the franchise tag when he knew he would command big money in free agency (or at least should have known)? Maybe he's just a bit dense. Big man, small brain, but a very good OG (Canton material, IMO).



    The FO is not blameless by any means, but how were they to know the man had the thought process of a Troglodyte?

    ..and before anyone goes back to the perceived 'low-balling' in reg season, that's how all negotiations start. He picked up his billy club in anger and gave up way too early. Orrrr, he just didn't like Seattle as much as he says he does.

    I'm very glad he didn't make it back to the big dance. It's due in large part to his own ignorance.


    He felt disrespected, Ruskell didn't give a shit about the O -Line as we seen with his lack of effort in dealing with it. I can see where someone could be agitated, the transition tag was telling him your not worth as much and we are not really worried about losing you. The fact that Holmgren was livid about the situation speaks volumes as well. This along with the DJack fiasco. You can pump up and blow all the air you want, Hutch went where they tried to make him feel valued when this GM here didn't really show it.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 9980
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Hutch retiring
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 am
  • I don't see Hutch making the hall. He was a very good guard but most of the hype for him was when he had Robbie Tobeck on one side and Walter on the other. I didn't think he did hof work in Minnesota. Very good yes but not that good and fell off after the first year a lot and gradually faded to the Tits.

    Plus I agree the voters will remember his double dealings in regards to the Seahawks. I also think that if he has any chance of making it you can expect it to be years later with the senior committee that basically only considers the player not the politics.

    The only team that will push him for the hall would be Minnesota, everyone else could care less.

    :roll:
    Image
    So close to the real thing.
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18505
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Hutch retiring
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:45 am
  • I think he rode the coattails of his reputation with the Seahawks (and Walter Jones) for a long time. No doubt he was talented, but I remember the first couple years with the queens, every time I saw a game it seemed like he spent a lot of plays whiffing.


    Oh, and for anybody saying it was a once-in-a-lifetime offer and who can blame him, puh-lease. It wasn't a once-in-a-lifetime offer, it was a twice-in-one-week offer.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7377
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Hutch retiring
Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 pm
  • Not seeing a lot of love for Hutch from the 12's.
    Good, let the SOB go and fugeddabout him.

    Canton?......I doubt it.
    two dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 718
    Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm
    Location: Yakima




It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online