Rumor: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for 6th round pick

thehands816

Reaction score
Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for 6th round pick!

Via Ravens Insider on Twitter (yes, he's a credible source)

This is just hitting Twitter, so it should be blowing up from other sources as well soon...

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider

CornerHawk

Reaction score
Good pick up for them. I would have been happy with that move. Harvin has much higher updside though.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense. Why did the 49ers have to give up less to get Boldin, who has produced vastly more than Harvin, who is an unproven commodity?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Now if they could teach Kaepernick to stop over targeting Crabtree...this might make them better.

pinksheets

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":16d81ysp said:
Doesn't make sense. Why did the 49ers have to give up less to get Boldin, who has produced vastly more than Harvin, who is an unproven commodity?
Get your things and just go on home.

mikeak

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3qffoizv said:

Because Boldin said he was going to retire if Baltimore cut him. He is clearly considering retirement and Baltimore had made it known he might get cut.

You get 1 year out of Boldin you don't give up much. Maybe you get two but you are going to let go of Moss. You get 4-5 years out of Percy you give up more

With all that said this was better for us than Percy with 49ers. We can match up Sherman against Boldin and while he will have catches we will also have interceptions. We got KILLED across the middle last year and Percy on 49ers would have been BAD NEWS

I can live with this and if not.......well I have to live with this

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":1ngnmd6f said:
RiggoReincarnated":1ngnmd6f said:
Get your things and just go on home.

Seriously. It's like every post of his is an attempt to convince us he doesn't know jack about the NFL.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Anquan Boldin is a great player. Still has some left in his tank, just look at the superbowl victory.

Wow.. a steal for the 49ers! Crazy football day.. and free agency hasn't even started yet.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1cwha1qc said:

9 years older, has higher career numbers - must be a better player!

Good pick up by SF, hard to relate it to the Harvin trade though. I always liked Boldin, sorry he's going to that team...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
One thing i really like about Boldin, he's a great run blocker. I think he'll help more in the read option game then he will in the passing game.

Shaz

Reaction score
Absolutely great pickup for the Niners

That trade was a great move by their FO

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2cf21ucy said:

Unproven commodity? Look at who the QB has been with Harvin, and look at his numbers in the games he has played. Boldin will be 33 in early October, Harvin turns 25 in May.

Sometimes I really wonder about you, Riggo...lol.

hawker84

Reaction score
i see sherman on crabtree and browner on boldin.. BB being the more physical this makes sense to me.... Boldins not going to run past anyone, but he runs good routes and fights for the ball... will be an interesting matchup for sure. who's their slot, manningham? either way they just got better.. good pick up for them.