HGH in the NFL, how big of a problem is it?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'll be really interested to see what happens when they start testing for it. I of course have no evidence but I have a feeling its a huge problem. If I had to guess i'd guess that its probably as high as about 50% of players who have doped with HGH or some kind of PED's at some point in their careers.

I'm not going to name names but there is at least one Seahawk who I strongly suspect has used HGH just based off the change of his body from college to now.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HGH is damned easy to get. I suspect at least half the NFL uses or used it (HGH). And yes, I suspect the same player.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I heard on Cowherd this am that it lowers body fat and adds like 14% muscle mass, or something like that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Half might be conservative. Look at the number of PED suspensions there are for things that are listed as illegal AND tested for on a regular basis. If that many people do the things that are tested for, just how many are doing something to improve that is NOT tested?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Since I don't follow college ball at all, how about tossing out a name, or at least a position, so I can avoid Googling 50+ players?

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":110ts2kz said:
I'm not going to name names but there is at least one Seahawk who I strongly suspect has used HGH just based off the change of his body from college to now.

Huh...

Was it a super likable former Heisman finalist that releases youtube "reports" of his team throughout the season? Or someone with gold plated teeth that won't talk to him?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Scottemojo":v4ffa5e1 said:
HGH is damned easy to get. I suspect at least half the NFL uses or used it (HGH). And yes, I suspect the same player.

I'm game. Where can I get said HGH? :D

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Greenhell":1qhe5jwy said:
Scottemojo":1qhe5jwy said:

I'm game. Where can I get said HGH? :D
Your doctor. A prescription is extremely easy to get.

Tical21

Reaction score
I've heard from a friend who was a longtime player that the number is at least 75%. I'd think that number is closer to 90% in the trenches.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me at all if it's a very high number. Good thing we're winning the Super Bowl this year because this whole sport is about to go waaaaay downhill.

12evanf

Reaction score
Like steroids in baseball, why not take HGH? Everyone is looking for an edge, and everyone else is doing it. If the number is less than 95%, I'd be surprised.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Are there any medically inclined people who can shed some light on why using HGH under a doctor's supervision would be a bad thing? How destructive is it?

JKent82

Reaction score
I have to imagine it's huge. Have to recover from injuries with nothing guaranteed. Gotta make it to that second contract.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":cwdm7oxk said:
Are there any medically inclined people who can shed some light on why using HGH under a doctor's supervision would be a bad thing? How destructive is it?

At this point, its hard to say what the long-term effects are. However, since ligaments and tendons are not subject to muscular growth themselves...having too much muscle mass without proper flexibility can lead to serious injuries much more easily as one can almost become "too strong" and blow out a knee making a sharp cut.

Latest posts