QB Problem

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.


    We need him for what? I do not see one thing, not ONE.


    Because the one who matters (PC) said so.

    When the team leader says we need this type of guy, and Tebow is that exact guy, then we need him.

    Like I said above...Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm
  • Hahaha...ok we need him, just like we have needed him since 1976.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22171
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.


    We need him for what? I do not see one thing, not ONE.


    Because the one who matters (PC) said so.

    When the team leader says we need this type of guy, and Tebow is that exact guy, then we need him.

    Like I said above...Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.


    Are you serious? Sure, Tebow has the intangibles, but that doesn't change the fact that he can't pass. At all.

    I don't know if you know this but PC also likes his QBs to be able to throw the ball and read defenses.

    Can Tebow do that? Obviously not.
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I wonder how many times we can have this debate in one off season? This has to be at least the 4th thread to include acquiring Tebow and being rid of Flynn.

    Anyone keeping track?


    It's OP's second post. Give him a little slack.


    I didn't ask for a ban or a thread lock or anything else, so exactly what "slack" am I supposed to give? All I'm doing is stating the uber obvious

    Spokane wrote:
    Your complaining is cool if you are consistent and not a hater. So are you on the ball about complaining about the muti-uni threads? How about the FAs that have no shot at being a seahawk threads? Or how about the "this guy said this about that guy tweets"?
    If so great!
    But if you are consistently attacking one guy, you should know the hater tag, or the calm down tag will be handed out.


    Seriously? Coming from the guy who swore he was done talking about Tebow in the thread he posted on this EXACT subject, who is now touting Tebow again...
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12862
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Pete doesn't want Tebow. I guarantee it. Did you see how easy we shut him down last year? Tebow made defense easy for the Hawks.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10615
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:08 pm
  • I am being real, not some crazy random 1976 bring ups.

    If anyone has an issue with what PC said, take it up with him.

    I would take a high winning, playoff QB winning as a backup, and it sounds like PC is in the same boat.

    This is not crazy talk, unless your agenda pushes you the other way.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:08 pm
  • Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.


    Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    User avatar
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 5486
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Seriously? Coming from the guy who swore he was done talking about Tebow in the thread he posted on this EXACT subject, who is now touting Tebow again...


    First, stop stalking me and my post.
    2nd I was told Dilfer did not suck, We don't get everything we are told.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Seriously? Coming from the guy who swore he was done talking about Tebow in the thread he posted on this EXACT subject, who is now touting Tebow again...


    First, stop stalking me and my post.
    2nd I was told Dilfer did not suck, We don't get everything we are told.


    No need to stalk you, I just happen to remember you saying it and thinking to myself at the time that it wouldn't last.

    Hey, it's a message board, I have never told you what to think or that you couldn't post anything, that's for the mods to decide. I can state my opinion even if it includes a topic being "tired".

    Also, if you don't mean something, perhaps you shouldn't put it in writing...

    Spokane wrote:So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk)...


    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65599&start=120
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12862
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:14 pm
  • LymonHawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.


    Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?


    No where did I say "Pete said yes to Tebow" It is stated everywhere that Pete has said " I want a guy like Wilson"
    No other QB is as close to Wilson as Tebow. You should know that and not nit pick.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:16 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.


    Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?


    No where did I say "Pete said yes to Tebow" It is stated everywhere that Pete has said " I want a guy like Wilson"
    No other QB is as close to Wilson as Tebow. You should know that and not nit pick.

    Tebow close to Wilson?
    Crack is whack.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10615
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:16 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Pete doesn't want Tebow. I guarantee it. Did you see how easy we shut him down last year? Tebow made defense easy for the Hawks.

    Do you have a link where PC says he DOES NOT wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm
  • You still have yet to tell me why you think PC wants a QB that can't read defenses or pass the ball effectively
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Pete doesn't want Tebow. I guarantee it. Did you see how easy we shut him down last year? Tebow made defense easy for the Hawks.

    Do you have a link where PC says he DOES NOT wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

    I have a special source. My common sense. If Pete wanted Tebow, he could have drafted him. Or gotten him from the Broncos last year.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10615
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:You still have yet to tell me why you think PC wants a QB that can't read defenses or pass the ball effectively

    Two words for you....T JACK
    Yeah, PC works outside of the box.
    Not to get into my stat slinger ways but again he was 75% this year. So at least call him out for the right reasons.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:27 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:You still have yet to tell me why you think PC wants a QB that can't read defenses or pass the ball effectively

    Two words for you....T JACK
    Yeah, PC works outside of the box.
    Not to get into my stat slinger ways but again he was 75% this year. So at least call him out for the right reasons.



    haha yea he sure was! 6 of 8 for 39 yards, or a 4.8 yard average. He killed it on those RB dump offs. Sorry dude, I know a lot of people really like Tebow for reasons other than his QB skills but he is not a viable NFL level QB.
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2389
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm
  • TJACK>>>>>>Tebow
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Spokane wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Pete doesn't want Tebow. I guarantee it. Did you see how easy we shut him down last year? Tebow made defense easy for the Hawks.

    Do you have a link where PC says he DOES NOT wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

    I have a special source. My common sense. If Pete wanted Tebow, he could have drafted him. Or gotten him from the Broncos last year.


    So you know whats going on in Petes head? :240039: :240039:

    How many players would Pete have taken or not drafted if he knew the outcome 3 years later? Please with the dumb comments!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    Spokane wrote:[quote="Scottemojo"]Pete doesn't want Tebow. I guarantee it. Did you see how easy we shut him down last year? Tebow made defense easy for the Hawks.

    Do you have a link where PC says he DOES NOT wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

    I have a special source. My common sense. If Pete wanted Tebow, he could have drafted him. Or gotten him from the Broncos last year.


    Please with the dumb comments![/quote]

    Says the guy that thinks he knows what PC wants/Tebow
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:he is not a viable NFL level QB.


    He won a playoff game right?
    He found a way to get hired as a NFL QB, twice and paid fat
    He was able to bring his team back from a losing score

    So hate aside, he is a viable NFL QB.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:41 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Says the guy that thinks he knows what PC wants/Tebow


    I am only saying what Pete said. And he said he wants a Wilson JR.
    Tebow is not as good as Wilson, but they are as close as you will find.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Says the guy that thinks he knows what PC wants/Tebow


    I am only saying what Pete said. And he said he wants a Wison JR.
    Tebow is not as good as Wison, but they are as close as you will find.


    Pete also said that Tebow as a backup quarterback is a distraction and felt it was detrimental to Sanchez in NY.....but don't read anything into that, it doesn't fit your philosophy of what "pete" wants
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12862
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:46 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:he is not a viable NFL level QB.


    He won a playoff game right?
    He found a way to get hired as a NFL QB, twice and paid fat
    He was able to bring his team back from a losing score

    So hate aside, he is a viable NFL QB.


    Quote my entire post and respond.
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2389
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 pm
  • No, they aren't as close as you'll find.

    PC wants a point guard QB, which is what Wilson is. Aside from being able to run, good leadership skills and Jesus, they have nothing in common. RW tied the rookie record for TD passes and had a 100 QB rating on the year.

    Tebow couldn't do that. Ever. He is unsound in a fundamental way in his mechanics and clearly doesn't read defenses well.

    They aren't close. At all. And they never will be.
    Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 pm
  • :snack:
    HunnyBadger
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 350
    Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 pm


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Says the guy that thinks he knows what PC wants/Tebow


    I am only saying what Pete said. And he said he wants a Wison JR.
    Tebow is not as good as Wison, but they are as close as you will find.


    Pete also said that Tebow as a backup quarterback is a distraction and felt it was detrimental to Sanchez in NY.....but don't read anything into that, it doesn't fit your philosophy of what "pete" wants


    What do you think Pete would have said about TO ten years ago? "A distration"
    Still hired him. Its about need, not the media.
    And if Sanchez would let the media change him in any way, then the wind would be detrimental to him, who cares.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm
  • HunnyBadger wrote::snack:

    At least some one is enjoying this as much as me!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:54 pm
  • Tebow is not close to RW, but if he is cut by the jets and we get a steal on a Flynn trade I have no qualms about bringing him in as a vet min backup.

    No wildcat, just a backup.

    I would never trade Flynn for Tebow and his current contract.
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 pm
  • I don't see why being an effective passer isn't a key aspect of being a 'Wilson JR'.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:02 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    PC wants a point guard QB, which is what Wilson is. Aside from being able to run, good leadership skills and Jesus, they have nothing in common.Do you have a link where PC says he wants guard QB? Or do you have a special 'source'?

    RW tied the rookie record for TD passes and had a 100 QB rating on the year. Flynn, Tjack and who ever else PC has hired as a QB did not break the TD rookie record, So that means nothing

    Tebow couldn't do that. Ever. He is unsound in a fundamental way in his mechanics and clearly doesn't read defenses well.

    How many years have you been a QB coach? Many different styles get the job done in the NFL
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:04 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.


    Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?


    No where did I say "Pete said yes to Tebow" It is stated everywhere that Pete has said " I want a guy like Wilson"
    No other QB is as close to Wilson as Tebow. You should know that and not nit pick.


    WTF, are you Huggyprelag?
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22171
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm
  • There are multiple sources available where the term "Point Guard Quarterback" is used. I'm not going to do your homework for you though, but I will tell you that Google is your friend.

    The point everyone here is trying to clue you in on is that Tebow can't pass for shit. That is a prerequisite to being "Wilson Jr."
    Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm
  • If I were ever to make an extra account, Prelag will be apart of the name! (to this day I have no clue what prelag is or who he was)
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm
  • He is you, and you are he.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    The point everyone here is trying to clue you in on is that Tebow can't pass for shit. That is a prerequisite to being "Wilson Jr."


    He did everything he was asked. THE CLOWN JETS paid him 33 Million to throw the ball 8 times.
    That is on the Jets, case closed.
    Now for Tebow and his passing, the cowboy hit on 75% of his passes. So he can pass for shit :)

    Again, when given the chance he hit his targets!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:He is you, and you are he.


    I am ok with that, I was told I can't hold a candle to prelag.

    The dude must have been something else
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Who cares what a clown pays to other clowns, they also drafted and paid Sanchez who can't play QB either. They both blow gigantic chunks and I don't want either of them associated with my winning Seahawk team.

    So goodnight sweet prince.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22171
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm
  • 6 of 8 last year. A whole 8 attempts.

    How about 2011 when, while on the Broncos and had a good running game and defense to support him?

    48%

    For nearly the whole season.

    48%
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm
  • I am fine with a Tebow trade (assuming we can't do better, of course), mainly because you could release Tebow the second he reaches the VMAC and you wouldn't have to pay him a dime. Well, unless Tebow's "dead money" number with the Jets applies to us. If it did, then it would be $14 million in savings compared to $9.5 million for releasing Flynn. Anyway, it would give Seattle a clean escape from Flynn's contract, which would save us up to $15.5 million in cap space that will roll into future seasons.

    Tebow isn't a good passer, but he is built for a team like ours that is physical, runs the ball, plays great defense, and is used to being surrounded by a tilt the field QB. Tebow may not be pretty to watch, but neither was T-jack and Pete got T-jack to win 5 of his last 8 games here, while playing hurt. And I know it's cliche, but Tebow really is a "winner." He's often a totally different QB in the 4th quarters of games. I compared Wilson to Tebow last May in terms of his background and intangibles. Both faced discrimination because of a trait. Pete wasn't scared by Wilson's height, maybe he won't be scared by Tebow's throwing problems. Maybe Pete can find ways to minimize Tebow's flaws, the same way Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

    Also, it's an extremely thin year in the draft for read option QBs. The few that are decent will probably be long gone by the time Seattle is willing to draft one.
    Last edited by kearly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10331
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm
  • Peter Lalich!
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:28 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:6 of 8 last year. A whole 8 attempts.

    How about 2011 when, while on the Broncos and had a good running game and defense to support him?

    48%

    For nearly the whole season.

    48%

    George Blanda HOF QB 47.7%
    Again, many ways to get the job done.

    Its all about how you look at the option. An open minded person would say, "Go for it, if we are pumped about a basketball player as a TE, a playoff winning QB should send us through the roof"

    But a person who has an anti agenda or just a tool of espn would say "Yeah two NFL teams said yes to him as the answer to the QB question, but come on - he is a FB"
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Note that both teams who took a chance on him as QB quickly got rid of him or are about to.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm
  • Sac, I wouldn't blindly trust what random scouting reports say if you don't know their work or their reputation. There are a lot of idiots out there.

    Peter Lalich played for the same small school that Josh Portis did. He bombed out of two division I schools before that, for alcohol problems. There isn't much on youtube, but what little I've seen I don't get where the excitement comes from. His story, measurables, and available video remind me of BJ Coleman, if Coleman had a drinking problem.

    He's not a ZR QB, btw.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10331
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:33 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Note that both teams who took a chance on him as QB quickly got rid of him or are about to.


    Neither one is particularly known for being imaginative, either. Seattle has taken players weird players like Tebow before, they just didn't play QB.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10331
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Woudln't trade much of anything for Tim Tebow, but Mike Rob is right, he could be a good fullback with speed, he has the work ethic.

    Benefits include: more publicity, and the "True Tim Report".
    Image
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1437
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    BBHawks wrote:Here's what I saw when I watched a Jets game: Sanchez would be flailing around, but then would start to get hot. He'd hit a couple of good passes and start to find a rhythm... and then they'd take him to the sideline and bring Tebow in. Tebow would run around a lot and throw an incomplete pass. Then, Sanchez would come in and be cold again.

    That's the way the Jets handle a quarterback. Do we really want the Seahawks to handle Russell Wilson this way? I say ride the Russell Wilson train and hope he's healthy for the entire season.


    Sounds like a fishy story! Really? Tebow only missed on two passes all year, and thats what you seen and judge him on?

    How about being a playoff winning QB? Did you see that?
    How about the many come from behind wins? Did you see that?
    Nope, some people just see what they want, or repeat what they are told.

    **What is going to be interesting to find out is if PC and JS are in on the anti Tebow agenda as well. As PC has stated he wants a Wilson JR as the number 2. Everyone and their dog knows Tebow fits the bill better then 99% of the other QBs. When the time comes the media will ask "hey, how about Tebow for that 2nd spot at the right price"

    PC will say one of two things, COMPETE or NO. PC has stated he wants a Tebow type, now we will see if he buckles like a tool.


    Did you see how few points the Tebow led Broncos scored? Did you see that those 4th quarters comebacks were necessitated by piss poor QB play that created the leagues most anemic passing offense? Did you see his league worst pass completion percentage.

    Yes, Tebow is definitely the QB we need, because every team needs a QB that can't throw the ball. I can't imagine a situation so desperate that the solution would Tim Tebow would be the answer. Why the hell would we move from back up a QB who can't run to one that can't throw?
    User avatar
    razor150
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1813
    Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 pm
  • When was the last time a playoff winning NFL QB turned into a NFL FB?

    Its like you cats can't see the light! You are being told (and I mean GETTING TOLD) that a playoff winning QB is a FB?

    Please tell me you can think for yourselves more then that.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm
  • kearly wrote:I am fine with a Tebow trade (assuming we can't do better, of course), mainly because you could release Tebow the second he reaches the VMAC and you wouldn't have to pay him a dime. Well, unless Tebow's "dead money" number with the Jets applies to us. If it did, then it would be $14 million in savings compared to $9.5 million for releasing Flynn. Anyway, it would give Seattle a clean escape from Flynn's contract, which would save us up to $15.5 million in cap space that will roll into future seasons.

    Tebow isn't a good passer, but he is built for a team like ours that is physical, runs the ball, plays great defense, and is used to being surrounded by a tilt the field QB. Tebow may not be pretty to watch, but neither was T-jack and Pete got T-jack to win 5 of his last 8 games here, while playing hurt. And I know it's cliche, but Tebow really is a "winner." He's often a totally different QB in the 4th quarters of games. I compared Wilson to Tebow last May in terms of his background and intangibles. Both faced discrimination because of a trait. Pete wasn't scared by Wilson's height, maybe he won't be scared by Tebow's throwing problems. Maybe Pete can find ways to minimize Tebow's flaws, the same way Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

    Also, it's an extremely thin year in the draft for read option QBs. The few that are decent will probably be long gone by the time Seattle is willing to draft one.



    Spokane, take note! This is how to present a compelling argument as a Tebow fan! :th2thumbs:


    Tebow is NOWHERE in the same class as RW IMO!!
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    User avatar
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am
    Location: Selah, Washington


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:45 pm
  • copy that
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Kearly, no matter how hard you try to convince me Tebow is what we need for our team, it ain't workin' pal. Tilt the field?.. :lol:

    And Pete didn't get jack out of T-Jack, that was all Tavaris' heart and will, not the coach, and I was not a T-Jack supporter.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22171
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Next


It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online