Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
Spokane wrote:
Russell was in a forced rookie contract deal. And the Sanchez deal was what got that GM fired. Still the worst QB in the NFL does not get a 33M contract. So he is not the worst passer of any player designed as a QB.

So if he is not the worst passer and you are calling him the worst passer, you would need a reason to call him "the worst passer" And the reason is...Hate or strong dislike.


By your logic you could take the worst passer and then give him 33 million and that would make him better?

Your reasoning skills are on par with Tim Tebows passing skills. They both suck.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Spokane wrote:
Russell was in a forced rookie contract deal. And the Sanchez deal was what got that GM fired. Still the worst QB in the NFL does not get a 33M contract. So he is not the worst passer of any player designed as a QB.

So if he is not the worst passer and you are calling him the worst passer, you would need a reason to call him "the worst passer" And the reason is...Hate or strong dislike.

Yes, he is the worst passer of any NFL player designated as a quarterback, easily.

He got paid because he can make plays and he made some in some clutch moments, he's still an awful, awful passer. Not to mention that "$33 million contract" is really for like $10m + incentives.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
"By your logic you could take the worst passer and then give him 33 million and that would make him better?"
lol...OR I was saying a company is not going to shell out 33M for a loser. Not sure how you came up with that statement.

Dumb post of the year, you must feel like your back is against the wall to make up an idea like that!

----
Ok lets be real here for a minute, you said "Yes, he is the worst passer of any NFL player designated as a quarterback, easily"

My queston is what makes him the worst passer? You know he does not have the worst stats, he shows up and plays. So whatever reason you come up with that makes him the worst, you can find at least 20 QBs that suck more in that area?

So then it will turn out that he is not the worst, but some folks on here just simply dislike him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Or it'll turn out that he's just not very good and some folks here are just irrationally infatuated with him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
Spokane, NFL teams shell out big bucks all the time for players that don't make it.

Ryan Leaf
Jamarcus Russell
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
And yes, Tebow

It even happens at other positions, see Aaron Curry.

Just because a team gives a player a big contract doesn't mean that player is good.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
BBHawks wrote:
Would somebody please tell me this is a running joke so I'll sleep better tonight?


This has to be a running joke, I have never heard so much blind reasoning for dislike in my life, DID HE KICK YOUR GUYS DOG?

Clown 1: He is the worst
Clown 2: You dang right he is
Clown 3: Anybody know why he is the worst?
Clown 2: He just is
Repeat


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17344
Location: Graham, WA
The numbers don't lie, bro. He's horrific as a passer, in order to be a back up for this team you have to be able to throw, our use of the spread option isn't and probably won't ever be a staple of this offense, its just something we used to scare teams because Russell can throw. With Tebow? lol they're gonna laugh the offense off the field. I'd roll with Charlie Friggin' Frye before I gave Tebow a chance.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
"he just is" isn't listed here as a reason we don't want him.

You are either not reading what we're writing or you're deliberately ignoring the facts. You're like a young earth creationist. Willfully ignorant.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:36 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22645
Location: Kirkland, WA
pinksheets wrote:
Yes, he is the worst passer of any NFL player designated as a quarterback, easily.

Tebow.

Trumped.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
I don't know what just happened, but I liked it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2262
RolandDeschain wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
Yes, he is the worst passer of any NFL player designated as a quarterback, easily.

Tebow.

Trumped.


Ryan Lindley


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Tebows 5 year deal with the Broncos actually would have paid him less than the average backup QB in the NFL. 9.7 mil over 5 years
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15667056

The Jets assumed his deal and had to eat some bonus money. Tebow is signed for about 3 million in actual salary over 3 years for the Jets.

So, the 33 million number the OP keeps throwing out there is bullshit.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:27 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
It seems that some are scared to answer this question due to it may expose the deep truth. I will ask it again

"My queston is what makes him the worst passer? You know he does not have the worst stats, he shows up and plays. So whatever reason you come up with that makes him the worst, you can find at least 20 QBs that suck more in that area!

So then it will turn out that he is not the worst, but some folks on here just simply dislike him."

Don't be Clown 2 and just say "He can't throw" "He Sucks" "he just is" give me some hard information that we can go over thats shows your statements are legit.

To name one guy who is the worst in his field is a hefty statement, lets see if you got facts or your a joke. I see no statement in this thread that makes him the worst.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:17 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
Here is your answer.


_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:34 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
That was some amazing Oline help in that video, Tim can move.
I liked the way he reacted to the Oline breaking down

So about 2 minutes of lowlights and that makes him the worst? Are you in 3rd grade?

If that is what it takes to be the worst, I could simply pop out a 5 minute lowlight film of Montana and then he would be the worst?!?!?

So again I ask you folks, what makes Tebow the worst passer/QB, lets go over your hard information!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
WOW no watch that again and keep an eye on the right tackle, he gets beat down and ran over or blown by on pretty much every play.....WEAK TAPE!

If it was not the right T it was the left that failed and forced him to run. You got to give any QB 3 seconds


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
He has the worst mechanics and accuracy of any QB in the NFL, in 2011, the one season where he was basically the starter all season, no QB with more than 50 passing attempts had a lower completion rate. In 2010 when he got a handful of starts, the only QB with 50 or more passing attempts with a lower completion rate was John Skelton.

He is just not an NFL passer, period. If you think he can play QB regardless of that, feel free to have tat opinion, Tebow certainly has other qualities, just don't try to tell me he's a good passer.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:53 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
...fine...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... assing.htm

2011, the only really relevant sample we have of Tebow has him rated as the 30th highest rated passer in the NFL.

30th.

He was better than Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb. Hoo-ray.

In 2011, he completed 46.5% of his passes.

He had a less than pedestrian 72.9 Passer Rating.

If you look at ESPN's Total QBR which tries to take into account everything a quarterback does his Total QBR is 29.91

For Total QBR 50 is considered average, 100 is considered perfect (also impossible to achieve)

Tebow is far far below average. I'm pretty sure if you're in Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb territory it's safe to say that you suck.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
pinksheets wrote:
He has the worst mechanics of any QB in the NFL
Are you an NFL QB coach to make that mechanics statement with accuracy? I mean really, how many years have you put towards learning and teaching the movements of the arm and body of an NFL QB? (watching youtube tape and sunday football is clearly not good enough for an accurate mechanics statement)

Have you done a full mechanics review off all 100 QBs in the NFL right now to make that statement? Or are you just spouting out random negative information about a guy?

So what you wrote above is an non educated opinion
Lets take a peek on whats below

Again we are focused on the two words that some of you have brought up relating to Tebow and that is "The worst"

In 2010 when he got a handful of starts, the only QB with 50 or more passing attempts with a lower completion rate was John Skelton

The pure fact that Skelton's name was brought up as being worse then Tebow shuts down the idea that Tim is the worst (this makes your creditability look thin)


in 2011, the one season where he was basically the starter all season, no QB with more than 50 passing attempts had a lower completion rate.

For that year and the 50 and over passes box that you put that in, you are right! Good job.
As they say the sophomore slump happens to QBs!

So you have got one stat from 2 years ago that PROVES he is the worst today (some would call that stupid) Come on man are you trying to stat sling a stat slinger?




Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:54 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
...fine...
He was better than Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb.


It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, good job!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
:34853_doh:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:10 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
Spokane wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
...fine...
He was better than Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb.


It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, good job!


Do you know what hyperbole is?

I don't recall me specifically saying he's the worst. I did say that he sucks. I did say that he's god awful. But I'm not sure I called him the worst, although I can see that because he's pretty damn close to bottom of the barrel.

Anyway, if I say "Tim Tebow is the worst" and he turns out to be only the third worst then I'm still a hell of a lot closer to being right than some ass clown that says "Tim Tebow is exactly what the Seahawks need"!!!

So tell me Spokane, how much do you really want the 3rd worst quarterback to be a Seahawk? And Why the hell would you want the 3rd worst quarterback to be a Seahawk in any capacity?

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
We're still talking about this?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
JSeahawks wrote:
We're still talking about this?


It's really more fact finding at this point. I'm not sure if Spokane is trolling or if he's really this dumb. The sheer stupidity of his argument is quite compelling and I'm trying to find the answer.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:45 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
It is more fact finding at this point, and the fact is Tim is not the worst (as claimed) and he would make a fine Wilson Jr.

Why all the "worst" claims, but only one stat from 2 years ago to back it up? Cause hating is easy, the truth takes work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
pinksheets wrote:
:34853_doh:

I would cover my face too if I had to work with what you are throwing out in this thread.

The worst...lol!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Spokane wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
:34853_doh:

I would cover my face too if I had to work with what you are throwing out in this thread.

The worst...lol!

So you're taking "he wasn't quite as bad as John Skelton that one year both of them had a handful of starts, but was the worst in the NFL in completion % that year he was the starter most of the year" as a victory?

Ok.

Fine. Maybe Tebow is about the same or a little better as a passer than John Skelton. That's good enough reason not to sign him right there.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:38 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17344
Location: Graham, WA
I wouldn't take Skelton as Wilson's back up, I still want to win even if Russy is out.

Lord I hope we keep Flynn now... Just so Tebow can sign and bum it for another team.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:11 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
This was a masterful troll job until Spokane got stupid. er.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
Scott my boy, I did not mean to light you up a few pages back, I just got cought up in the thread.
Having fun IS what I do. Sorry if I upset you.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:51 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Spokane wrote:
Scott my boy, I did not mean to light you up a few pages back, I just got cought up in the thread.
Having fun IS what I do. Sorry if I upset you.


Son. My boy. You couldn't wind up a yoyo. I am better at life than you.
It's a troll job because not even you can believe the stuff you are typing.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
Dad, I love the yoyo line, maybe line of the year. I don't doubt you are better! But I do believe what I write, as well as try to admit when I am wrong.
---

Flynn is the clear choice. Mobile, understands the system and (imo) a good arm. Anyone else is a down grade.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1290
Location: Olympia
Spokane wrote:
...the fact is... he would make a fine Wilson Jr.


Not a fact. Opinion believed really really a whole lot does not = fact.

Here's the bottom of the 2011 NFL QBs, as ranked by completion percentage. For a player to qualify, he must have had 14 attempts per team's games played. Remember, there are 32 teams.

Image

Two entire organizations have not been impressed enough with Tebow to make him the QBOTF. The 1st guy who went for Tebow, head coach Josh Daniels, lost his job. The 2nd guy, GM Mike Tannenbaum, lost his job, and head coach Rex Ryan is on a short leash.

There is no statistical, historical, or practical reason to believe Tim Tebow would be a good QB addition to the Seahawks.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:30 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Olympia
I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
TheLargentLine wrote:
I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne


If we could do a Madden like trade it would be Flynn to the Jags for their first and Justin Blackmon!

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17344
Location: Graham, WA
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
TheLargentLine wrote:
I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne


If we could do a Madden like trade it would be Flynn to the Jags for their first and Justin Blackmon!


Think big, you clowns!

Flynn and some change for Detroits 1st this year AND next year for Suh & Megatron

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
I still stand by my words posted on page 6. (So others don't put words in my mouth, I'll be the one to clarify.) I didn't say there is or should be any infatuation with Tebow. I'm talking about him purely as a player who could contribute. So, not saying that he has to be in the top 20 QB's in the league to be "a" Seahawks backup. (Still, I don't believe for one minute that critique of him has nothing to do with what he stands for. Tebow stands for it very openly... whereas a player like Russell Wilson quietly stands for the same thing. Of course, RW is a bazillion times better QB. I'm just not buying that Tebow is not a polarizing figure and that those committing libel in their responses with their use of words against the one who countless individuals believe in as God incarnate doesn't make me any more likely to believe they separate what Tebow stands for from his NFL football ability.)
I really hope the Seahawks sign Tebow now, though, so a few posters in here might go into meltdown mode. (JK, sort of ;) I'm not arguing that he is an elite passer. Tebow has only a few years experience in the NFL. He strikes me as a man never content with his level of play. For example, he's been training in Brazilian Jui-jitsu (something familiar to me and I see the value of football players training in the Martial Arts.) That indicates a drive to get better and be doing the types of things for him to be in a position to comPETE for a role somewhere in some capacity. Nothing wrong with him desiring to be a QB, but if that evaporates... maybe the guy becomes ready to fill a role where he could turn into an effective player. I am not saying he is the best option for the Seahawks backup QB. But, the Seahawks might not be able to find as good a teammate, football player, etc. for a role than Tebow. THAT's what I'm saying. Seattle could be just the right place for him. I see him as an H-back type like Jim Jensen of the 1980's Dolphins. In terms of their makeup, Russell Wilson and Tebow have the same Worldview. They would probably be an encouragement to one another and both hold others in high regard. They both also hold one in higher regard than any man.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
@Teamofthecentury

If you think my opinion of Tebow is based on anything other than his ability as a passer, you're mistaken.

I don't care about the mans beliefs, one way or another.

That subject is completely irrelevant to me. Completely.

He may have a good work ethic and he may be a good team mate, but that won't change his throwing motion and delivery.

It takes tens of thousands of repetitions for something to be ingrained in your muscle memory. How many more would be needed to change the horrible throwing motion he's been using since his high school days?

He may be able to do it in controlled circumstances but we've all seen him revert back when he's pressured. That's because when you're pressured you muscle memory takes over.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
HawkAroundTheClock wrote:

Here's the bottom of the 2011 NFL QBs, as ranked by completion percentage.

So you are working a 2 year old stat to tell us about a player today? HELLO, just for fun check his % last year. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately league"
Akers ties the longest field goal record and is dropped (I know he had other issues, I am just saying what happened 2 years ago means nothing)


Two entire organizations have not been impressed enough with Tebow to make him the QBOTF.
Do you have a link where the Jets says they don't want Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

GM Mike Tannenbaum, lost his job, and head coach Rex Ryan is on a short leash.
GM Mike Tannenbaum was let go for the Sanchez foul up. With the creating/setting up of Marks contract, the Jets end up in a financial disaster with a starting QB that should not be starting. I see the Tebow pick up as a last resort to right the ship before being forced on the hot seat. Then the fine GM gave out a $33 million contract to a QB that tossed the ball 8 times. Tebow didn't pick how many times he would throw the ball, that is an upper level decision. So with killing the cap and handing out a huge contract for nothing, Yes the GM needed to go - and it was all his doing.


There is no statistical, historical, or practical reason to believe Tim Tebow would be a good QB addition to the Seahawks.

There is a practical reason why Tebow would be a good fit, PC has said he is looking for a Wilson Jr. as the 2nd string guy.

The comparisons are there if you are being fair.

Lets not act like Wilson put up amazing numbers concerning his number of yards and balls that sailed. Did PC jump the Wilson ship early on in the year when the numbers were ugly? No. PC knows what he wants and is not afraid to go against the grain to get it.


Please check the 8 pages of awesome information before responding, your answer could be in there - I am done repeating


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
Hey SpokaneTroll,

What's so special about his 8 attempts last year that you think those are relevant?

Do you have a special source that tells you those 8 attempts mean more than his collective body of work?

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
Hey SpokaneTroll,

What's so special about his 8 attempts last year that you think those are relevant?

Do you have a special source that tells you those 8 attempts mean more than his collective body of work?


Hey NoSac 3.2,

It was the body of work that they allowed him. He did everything they asked and did a fine job of it, thats why it is relevant.
Making up numbers and name calling can be fun, but when we have a recent body of work, we should use that.
(It was the same deal with Flynn) in this "Who cares what you did 2 years ago" world.

Again folks, read the pages before re asking questions. I don't mind being the nice guy and answering them, I just think you would save time and credibility


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
Name calling is fun, but I didn't make up any numbers.

Why do you suppose he was only allowed 8 attempts?

Here is another one, do you think ANY NFL GM is going to look at only what he did last year and ignore everything else?

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
It is the same reason why the GM was fired and the coach is on the hot seat...bad management.

When the Jets let him throw he hit his target 75% of the time, so his accuracy was AMAZING and a non issue, again your answer is poor management.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
Here is another one, do you think ANY NFL GM is going to look at only what he did last year and ignore everything else?

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:17 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
SacHawk2.0 wrote:

Do you think ANY NFL GM is going to look at only what he did last year and ignore everything else?


Clearly Tim did not have the best numbers in the NFL during 2011, however the jets and Jags were still on his nuts. So with increasling better % numbers, It would not be a shock.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:19 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8877
Location: With a white girl
I have been persuaded. Tebow for HOF!!!

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
@Teamofthecentury

If you think my opinion of Tebow is based on anything other than his ability as a passer, you're mistaken.

I don't care about the mans beliefs, one way or another.

That subject is completely irrelevant to me. Completely.

He may have a good work ethic and he may be a good team mate, but that won't change his throwing motion and delivery.

It takes tens of thousands of repetitions for something to be ingrained in your muscle memory. How many more would be needed to change the horrible throwing motion he's been using since his high school days?

He may be able to do it in controlled circumstances but we've all seen him revert back when he's pressured. That's because when you're pressured you muscle memory takes over.

@SacHawk2.O Then, why do you insist on perpetuating Straw Man Arguments? Meaning... you seem to insist that others are arguing that Tim Tebow is an elite QB. Not so. You're throwing the baby out... so, I'm trying to figure out what the bath water is. (No one need educate me on Tebow inadequacies. I get that - though, I also don't believe for 5 seconds that the "football critique" is merely that.) I can't speak for others, but my thought is that He would be a valuable pick up. Never said as a top QB. But, I've watched him play since High School. He's been a winner since that time through the last time he had an opportunity to put a Denver team headed for the toilet bowl and engineered a turnaround as a leader - not the elite stats or mechanics or any other criticisms. Then, beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Playoffs. (I was pleased as punch that he "delivered" the ball to Demaryius Thomas to stick it to the Steelers!) All that doesn't "just happen" if you're some chump. He's a winner that wins and will give a team everything he's got. I like guys like that on football teams. Phillip Rivers has odd mechanics. Dan Fouts did, too. And before you jump on me about that... I'm not comparing them as QB's. Just saying that there's more to the makeup of a successful player than merely mechanics. You and others like you on this board do come across to me as though you're taking the media's lead on this with all the hate. Much of that gets amplified by those who hate his Worldview. So, if that's not you and you want to come out and say that's just not so about you... then, fine. But, if you're going to talk about him purely as a football player... at least don't put words into others mouths and attack your own straw man. NEVER, I repeat NEVER... have I heard such criticism about a guy that WINS... and the only things that are talked about are the negatives. The guy is so squeaky clean that no one wants to give him any credit for the positives. I've always respected the approach that if one is going to give constructive criticism... to start with the positives. Critics like to skip that part and just jump to anything and everything they may critique about a player like Tebow who still needs work on his Pro game. So do many others who play the Pro game. The phantom ideal player is always the bar and Tim Tebow is never going to measure up to that. A wise team that is able to utilize his talents and get him producing on the field is going to reap the benefits. Michael Robinson just did that video clip about changing positions. Just think about Tebow coming to Seattle and guys like PC, RW, Mike Rob and all the GREAT guys on this team embracing Tim Tebow... the football player... and him, in return, only caring about being part of making the team he is part of successful? THAT'S Tim Tebow. Not the prima donna that many want to make him to be. He's passionate about God. He's passionate about Football. When things don't go his way... his passion shows there, too. I'd rather have that than apathy. Too, isn't that welcomed in the comPETE philosophy? Still, Tebow is going to be a team player. The whole NYJ thing was a mistake when internally they were not on the same page about him. Wouldn't it be great to see the Seahawks getting out of Tebow what others speculate could be there? If one answers "no", then it logically MUST be something else other than just about him as a football player.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:29 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Golden Tate hit 100% of his passes, and he is the same size as Wilson. Maybe we should switch him to QB.

7 of Ladainian Tomlinson's 8 pass attempts went for touchdowns, and he averaged 20 yards per completion. Boo Yah! His coaches were SOOOOOO STUPID! He never should have been a running back with those stats.

These are facts people, and these stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only should Pete bring Tebow to Seattle, trading away a valuable pick to do so, but Pete should take our most valuable player, Russell Wilson, off the field, or at least take the ball out of his hands, on a handful of plays each game. Tebow's biggest problem with the Jets last year, besides the fact that his throwing motion is timed with a sun dial and looks like he is starting a lawn mower over his shoulder, is that he just didn't get enough snaps to get his playing rhythm going. I think if he got maybe 20 plays a game, Russell wouldn't miss those at all. In fact, since Tebow will run all the option stuff, we will be saving Russell from injury! And, he could teach Russell how to celebrate a touchdown less humbly. Russell's touchdown nothing nothing is dumb!

If you godless heathens would just look at the facts with your Damned to Hell eyes, you would see what I see. Tim does not need the Hawks, but the Hawks need him.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17344
Location: Graham, WA
Scottemojo wrote:
Golden Tate hit 100% of his passes, and he is the same size as Wilson. Maybe we should switch him to QB.

7 of Ladainian Tomlinson's 8 pass attempts went for touchdowns, and he averaged 20 yards per completion. Boo Yah! His coaches were SOOOOOO STUPID! He never should have been a running back with those stats.

These are facts people, and these stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only should Pete bring Tebow to Seattle, trading away a valuable pick to do so, but Pete should take our most valuable player, Russell Wilson, off the field, or at least take the ball out of his hands, on a handful of plays each game. Tebow's biggest problem with the Jets last year, besides the fact that his throwing motion is timed with a sun dial and looks like he is starting a lawn mower over his shoulder, is that he just didn't get enough snaps to get his playing rhythm going. I think if he got maybe 20 plays a game, Russell wouldn't miss those at all. In fact, since Tebow will run all the option stuff, we will be saving Russell from injury! And, he could teach Russell how to celebrate a touchdown less humbly. Russell's touchdown nothing nothing is dumb!

If you godless heathens would just look at the facts with your Damned to Hell eyes, you would see what I see. Tim does not need the Hawks, but the Hawks need him.


That was that wall of text was about?

I don't want the ball out of Wilson hands at all, unless its to hand it off to Lynch & Turbin. If you're going to be a back up, thats what you're going to be, you're not the staple of anything on this team until an injury happens.

Also to bring up something else, bringing in Tebow for those couple times a game, killed any momentum that Sanchez had going. We saw this in Seattle first hand, Sanchez hit a couple rhythm passes, and then here comes Tebow in to screw everything up, good job coaching! I hope whoever's bright idea that was never finds his stinkin' ass way onto the Seahawks coaching staff, because it was dumb.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QB Problem
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:04 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
When was the last time the old swap QBs during the game at the NFL level really worked? I would say not in last 30+ years.

The starter needs to be on the field playing QB, with the back up subbing in as a holder for FGs and PATs. The Jets screwed themselves with bad coaching.

IF Tim were a Seahawk the only time he would be on the field is during standard pre-season/late game blow outs, PC knows how to coach.
Throwdown wrote:
Bringing in Tebow for those couple times a game, killed any momentum that Sanchez had going. We saw this in Seattle first hand, Sanchez hit a couple rhythm passes, and then here comes Tebow in to screw everything up, good job coaching! I hope whoever's bright idea that was never finds his stinkin' ass way onto the Seahawks coaching staff, because it was dumb.


I watched and loved that game!
Mark went 9 for 22 that game, and Tebow went 3 for 3, Tebow did not kill Mark's momentum, Mark killed Tebow's momentum.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bitter, Brahn, dunceface, Google [Bot], Marvin49, OkieHawk, seahawk12thman, uncle fester, Ziggyy108 and 22 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.