QB Problem

Seahawks Freak

Reaction score
I think we should trade Matt Flynn to the Jets and get Tim Tebow because Pete Carroll wanted a mobile QB like Russell Wilson, then if we have Tebow and Wilson we could do wildcat which i think the Seahawks need to open up different options.

suppaball

Reaction score
No way you trade Flynn for Tebow bad deal for us. Now Tebow for a 6th rounder is more doable.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
We have no reason to do wildcat because we can run read option and everything they might want to do in wildcat as part of our base offense with our QB.

As much as I hate myself for saying it though I wouldnt be totally opposed to Tebow. He would make a decent backup for what we like to do and Russell is loved enough by the fan base that Tebow fanatics would not be able to make a case for him starting. (i'd definatly prefer Tebow to be our #3 though, and find a different mobile #2.)

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
No.

Jets are going to cut him anyways.

Still don't want him.

Don't want wildcat package either...Russell thrives on getting as many snaps as possible. I don't want wildcat package to interrupt his rhythm (it destroyed Sanchez's development, IMO).

Winterfell

Reaction score
I'm not exactly opposed to this idea, but I think bringing Tim Tebow to our team could be potentially distracting and bring a lot of unwanted attention from the media.

By all accounts, Tebow seems like an upstanding guy with good character, that would probably mesh with our locker room pretty well. However, he's also publicly stated that he's not looking to be a backup or change positions. He wants to be a QB, and a starting one at that. Similar to Flynn, being stuck behind Wilson would get in the way of his aspirations, and he would want to leave Seattle when he gets the chance.

And although Tim Tebow is more athletic than Flynn and fits more into Russell Wilson's mold, he's not nearly as polished of a passer. If Wilson went down to injury, Flynn could probably still keep our season alive. If Tim Tebow were the backup, I think our season would be screwed. He's more of a developmental project.

BBHawks

Reaction score
Good God! With a QB like Russell Wilson in there, you don't want to pull a Jets trick. Here's what I saw when I watched a Jets game: Sanchez would be flailing around, but then would start to get hot. He'd hit a couple of good passes and start to find a rhythm... and then they'd take him to the sideline and bring Tebow in. Tebow would run around a lot and throw an incomplete pass. Then, Sanchez would come in and be cold again.

That's the way the Jets handle a quarterback. Do we really want the Seahawks to handle Russell Wilson this way? I say ride the Russell Wilson train and hope he's healthy for the entire season.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawks Freak":13xwctco said:
I think we should trade Matt Flynn to the Jets and get Tim Tebow because Pete Carroll wanted a mobile QB like Russell Wilson, then if we have Tebow and Wilson we could do wildcat which i think the Seahawks need to open up different options.

Wilson alone gives us more options than we would need. Wilson is already a threat to run. We let Golden Tate throw. We let Sidney throw. Mike Rob was a QB in college. We have options to run wildcat like plays if we want to that don't involve Tebow.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I wonder how many times we can have this debate in one off season? This has to be at least the 4th thread to include acquiring Tebow and being rid of Flynn.

Anyone keeping track?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Tebow might not even be in the league much longer. He's that bad. Schnieder intends to draft a develpmental qb every year - the third spot is for that. It changes things if we trade Flynn, but forget about Tebow. We keep Flynn, we're getting some raw rookie for the third spot.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":25ul6h2s said:
I wonder how many times we can have this debate in one off season? This has to be at least the 4th thread to include acquiring Tebow and being rid of Flynn.

Anyone keeping track?

It's OP's second post. Give him a little slack.

Spokane

Reaction score
BBHawks":1tp1ri9g said:
Here's what I saw when I watched a Jets game: Sanchez would be flailing around, but then would start to get hot. He'd hit a couple of good passes and start to find a rhythm... and then they'd take him to the sideline and bring Tebow in. Tebow would run around a lot and throw an incomplete pass. Then, Sanchez would come in and be cold again.

That's the way the Jets handle a quarterback. Do we really want the Seahawks to handle Russell Wilson this way? I say ride the Russell Wilson train and hope he's healthy for the entire season.

Sounds like a fishy story! Really? Tebow only missed on two passes all year, and thats what you seen and judge him on?

How about being a playoff winning QB? Did you see that?
How about the many come from behind wins? Did you see that?
Nope, some people just see what they want, or repeat what they are told.

**What is going to be interesting to find out is if PC and JS are in on the anti Tebow agenda as well. As PC has stated he wants a Wilson JR as the number 2. Everyone and their dog knows Tebow fits the bill better then 99% of the other QBs. When the time comes the media will ask "hey, how about Tebow for that 2nd spot at the right price"

PC will say one of two things, COMPETE or NO. PC has stated he wants a Tebow type, now we will see if he buckles like a tool.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1yupwlnr said:
kidhawk":1yupwlnr said:

Anyone keeping track?

I didn't ask for a ban or a thread lock or anything else, so exactly what "slack" am I supposed to give? All I'm doing is stating the uber obvious

Spokane

Reaction score
Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawks Freak":3bczzazz said:

If we get Tebow I suspect it is so that he can learn from Michael Robinson how to humble himself and play fullback.

And I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Spokane

Reaction score
kidhawk":ho1ta14f said:
Basis4day":ho1ta14f said:
kidhawk":ho1ta14f said:

Anyone keeping track?

I didn't ask for a ban or a thread lock or anything else, so exactly what "slack" am I supposed to give? All I'm doing is stating the uber obvious

Your complaining is cool if you are consistent and not a hater. So are you on the ball about complaining about the muti-uni threads? How about the FAs that have no shot at being a seahawk threads? Or how about the "this guy said this about that guy tweets"?
If so great!
But if you are consistently attacking one guy, you should know the hater tag, or the calm down tag will be handed out.

Largent80

Reaction score
Spokane":321kk1x0 said:
Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.

We need him for what? I do not see one thing, not ONE.

Latest posts