QB Problem

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:51 am
  • Spokane wrote:Scott my boy, I did not mean to light you up a few pages back, I just got cought up in the thread.
    Having fun IS what I do. Sorry if I upset you.


    Son. My boy. You couldn't wind up a yoyo. I am better at life than you.
    It's a troll job because not even you can believe the stuff you are typing.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 am
  • Dad, I love the yoyo line, maybe line of the year. I don't doubt you are better! But I do believe what I write, as well as try to admit when I am wrong.
    ---

    Flynn is the clear choice. Mobile, understands the system and (imo) a good arm. Anyone else is a down grade.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:55 am
  • Spokane wrote:...the fact is... he would make a fine Wilson Jr.


    Not a fact. Opinion believed really really a whole lot does not = fact.

    Here's the bottom of the 2011 NFL QBs, as ranked by completion percentage. For a player to qualify, he must have had 14 attempts per team's games played. Remember, there are 32 teams.

    Image

    Two entire organizations have not been impressed enough with Tebow to make him the QBOTF. The 1st guy who went for Tebow, head coach Josh Daniels, lost his job. The 2nd guy, GM Mike Tannenbaum, lost his job, and head coach Rex Ryan is on a short leash.

    There is no statistical, historical, or practical reason to believe Tim Tebow would be a good QB addition to the Seahawks.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1562
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:30 am
  • I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne
    User avatar
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 200
    Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 am
  • TheLargentLine wrote:I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne


    If we could do a Madden like trade it would be Flynn to the Jags for their first and Justin Blackmon!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    TheLargentLine wrote:I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne


    If we could do a Madden like trade it would be Flynn to the Jags for their first and Justin Blackmon!


    Think big, you clowns!

    Flynn and some change for Detroits 1st this year AND next year for Suh & Megatron
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm
  • I still stand by my words posted on page 6. (So others don't put words in my mouth, I'll be the one to clarify.) I didn't say there is or should be any infatuation with Tebow. I'm talking about him purely as a player who could contribute. So, not saying that he has to be in the top 20 QB's in the league to be "a" Seahawks backup. (Still, I don't believe for one minute that critique of him has nothing to do with what he stands for. Tebow stands for it very openly... whereas a player like Russell Wilson quietly stands for the same thing. Of course, RW is a bazillion times better QB. I'm just not buying that Tebow is not a polarizing figure and that those committing libel in their responses with their use of words against the one who countless individuals believe in as God incarnate doesn't make me any more likely to believe they separate what Tebow stands for from his NFL football ability.)
    I really hope the Seahawks sign Tebow now, though, so a few posters in here might go into meltdown mode. (JK, sort of ;) I'm not arguing that he is an elite passer. Tebow has only a few years experience in the NFL. He strikes me as a man never content with his level of play. For example, he's been training in Brazilian Jui-jitsu (something familiar to me and I see the value of football players training in the Martial Arts.) That indicates a drive to get better and be doing the types of things for him to be in a position to comPETE for a role somewhere in some capacity. Nothing wrong with him desiring to be a QB, but if that evaporates... maybe the guy becomes ready to fill a role where he could turn into an effective player. I am not saying he is the best option for the Seahawks backup QB. But, the Seahawks might not be able to find as good a teammate, football player, etc. for a role than Tebow. THAT's what I'm saying. Seattle could be just the right place for him. I see him as an H-back type like Jim Jensen of the 1980's Dolphins. In terms of their makeup, Russell Wilson and Tebow have the same Worldview. They would probably be an encouragement to one another and both hold others in high regard. They both also hold one in higher regard than any man.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 pm
  • @Teamofthecentury

    If you think my opinion of Tebow is based on anything other than his ability as a passer, you're mistaken.

    I don't care about the mans beliefs, one way or another.

    That subject is completely irrelevant to me. Completely.

    He may have a good work ethic and he may be a good team mate, but that won't change his throwing motion and delivery.

    It takes tens of thousands of repetitions for something to be ingrained in your muscle memory. How many more would be needed to change the horrible throwing motion he's been using since his high school days?

    He may be able to do it in controlled circumstances but we've all seen him revert back when he's pressured. That's because when you're pressured you muscle memory takes over.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Here's the bottom of the 2011 NFL QBs, as ranked by completion percentage.

    So you are working a 2 year old stat to tell us about a player today? HELLO, just for fun check his % last year. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately league"
    Akers ties the longest field goal record and is dropped (I know he had other issues, I am just saying what happened 2 years ago means nothing)


    Two entire organizations have not been impressed enough with Tebow to make him the QBOTF.
    Do you have a link where the Jets says they don't want Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

    GM Mike Tannenbaum, lost his job, and head coach Rex Ryan is on a short leash.
    GM Mike Tannenbaum was let go for the Sanchez foul up. With the creating/setting up of Marks contract, the Jets end up in a financial disaster with a starting QB that should not be starting. I see the Tebow pick up as a last resort to right the ship before being forced on the hot seat. Then the fine GM gave out a $33 million contract to a QB that tossed the ball 8 times. Tebow didn't pick how many times he would throw the ball, that is an upper level decision. So with killing the cap and handing out a huge contract for nothing, Yes the GM needed to go - and it was all his doing.


    There is no statistical, historical, or practical reason to believe Tim Tebow would be a good QB addition to the Seahawks.

    There is a practical reason why Tebow would be a good fit, PC has said he is looking for a Wilson Jr. as the 2nd string guy.

    The comparisons are there if you are being fair.

    Lets not act like Wilson put up amazing numbers concerning his number of yards and balls that sailed. Did PC jump the Wilson ship early on in the year when the numbers were ugly? No. PC knows what he wants and is not afraid to go against the grain to get it.


    Please check the 8 pages of awesome information before responding, your answer could be in there - I am done repeating
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 pm
  • Hey SpokaneTroll,

    What's so special about his 8 attempts last year that you think those are relevant?

    Do you have a special source that tells you those 8 attempts mean more than his collective body of work?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:59 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Hey SpokaneTroll,

    What's so special about his 8 attempts last year that you think those are relevant?

    Do you have a special source that tells you those 8 attempts mean more than his collective body of work?


    Hey NoSac 3.2,

    It was the body of work that they allowed him. He did everything they asked and did a fine job of it, thats why it is relevant.
    Making up numbers and name calling can be fun, but when we have a recent body of work, we should use that.
    (It was the same deal with Flynn) in this "Who cares what you did 2 years ago" world.

    Again folks, read the pages before re asking questions. I don't mind being the nice guy and answering them, I just think you would save time and credibility
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm
  • Name calling is fun, but I didn't make up any numbers.

    Why do you suppose he was only allowed 8 attempts?

    Here is another one, do you think ANY NFL GM is going to look at only what he did last year and ignore everything else?
    Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm
  • It is the same reason why the GM was fired and the coach is on the hot seat...bad management.

    When the Jets let him throw he hit his target 75% of the time, so his accuracy was AMAZING and a non issue, again your answer is poor management.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 pm
  • Here is another one, do you think ANY NFL GM is going to look at only what he did last year and ignore everything else?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:17 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    Do you think ANY NFL GM is going to look at only what he did last year and ignore everything else?


    Clearly Tim did not have the best numbers in the NFL during 2011, however the jets and Jags were still on his nuts. So with increasling better % numbers, It would not be a shock.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:19 pm
  • I have been persuaded. Tebow for HOF!!!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:@Teamofthecentury

    If you think my opinion of Tebow is based on anything other than his ability as a passer, you're mistaken.

    I don't care about the mans beliefs, one way or another.

    That subject is completely irrelevant to me. Completely.

    He may have a good work ethic and he may be a good team mate, but that won't change his throwing motion and delivery.

    It takes tens of thousands of repetitions for something to be ingrained in your muscle memory. How many more would be needed to change the horrible throwing motion he's been using since his high school days?

    He may be able to do it in controlled circumstances but we've all seen him revert back when he's pressured. That's because when you're pressured you muscle memory takes over.

    @SacHawk2.O Then, why do you insist on perpetuating Straw Man Arguments? Meaning... you seem to insist that others are arguing that Tim Tebow is an elite QB. Not so. You're throwing the baby out... so, I'm trying to figure out what the bath water is. (No one need educate me on Tebow inadequacies. I get that - though, I also don't believe for 5 seconds that the "football critique" is merely that.) I can't speak for others, but my thought is that He would be a valuable pick up. Never said as a top QB. But, I've watched him play since High School. He's been a winner since that time through the last time he had an opportunity to put a Denver team headed for the toilet bowl and engineered a turnaround as a leader - not the elite stats or mechanics or any other criticisms. Then, beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Playoffs. (I was pleased as punch that he "delivered" the ball to Demaryius Thomas to stick it to the Steelers!) All that doesn't "just happen" if you're some chump. He's a winner that wins and will give a team everything he's got. I like guys like that on football teams. Phillip Rivers has odd mechanics. Dan Fouts did, too. And before you jump on me about that... I'm not comparing them as QB's. Just saying that there's more to the makeup of a successful player than merely mechanics. You and others like you on this board do come across to me as though you're taking the media's lead on this with all the hate. Much of that gets amplified by those who hate his Worldview. So, if that's not you and you want to come out and say that's just not so about you... then, fine. But, if you're going to talk about him purely as a football player... at least don't put words into others mouths and attack your own straw man. NEVER, I repeat NEVER... have I heard such criticism about a guy that WINS... and the only things that are talked about are the negatives. The guy is so squeaky clean that no one wants to give him any credit for the positives. I've always respected the approach that if one is going to give constructive criticism... to start with the positives. Critics like to skip that part and just jump to anything and everything they may critique about a player like Tebow who still needs work on his Pro game. So do many others who play the Pro game. The phantom ideal player is always the bar and Tim Tebow is never going to measure up to that. A wise team that is able to utilize his talents and get him producing on the field is going to reap the benefits. Michael Robinson just did that video clip about changing positions. Just think about Tebow coming to Seattle and guys like PC, RW, Mike Rob and all the GREAT guys on this team embracing Tim Tebow... the football player... and him, in return, only caring about being part of making the team he is part of successful? THAT'S Tim Tebow. Not the prima donna that many want to make him to be. He's passionate about God. He's passionate about Football. When things don't go his way... his passion shows there, too. I'd rather have that than apathy. Too, isn't that welcomed in the comPETE philosophy? Still, Tebow is going to be a team player. The whole NYJ thing was a mistake when internally they were not on the same page about him. Wouldn't it be great to see the Seahawks getting out of Tebow what others speculate could be there? If one answers "no", then it logically MUST be something else other than just about him as a football player.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:29 am
  • Golden Tate hit 100% of his passes, and he is the same size as Wilson. Maybe we should switch him to QB.

    7 of Ladainian Tomlinson's 8 pass attempts went for touchdowns, and he averaged 20 yards per completion. Boo Yah! His coaches were SOOOOOO STUPID! He never should have been a running back with those stats.

    These are facts people, and these stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only should Pete bring Tebow to Seattle, trading away a valuable pick to do so, but Pete should take our most valuable player, Russell Wilson, off the field, or at least take the ball out of his hands, on a handful of plays each game. Tebow's biggest problem with the Jets last year, besides the fact that his throwing motion is timed with a sun dial and looks like he is starting a lawn mower over his shoulder, is that he just didn't get enough snaps to get his playing rhythm going. I think if he got maybe 20 plays a game, Russell wouldn't miss those at all. In fact, since Tebow will run all the option stuff, we will be saving Russell from injury! And, he could teach Russell how to celebrate a touchdown less humbly. Russell's touchdown nothing nothing is dumb!

    If you godless heathens would just look at the facts with your Damned to Hell eyes, you would see what I see. Tim does not need the Hawks, but the Hawks need him.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Golden Tate hit 100% of his passes, and he is the same size as Wilson. Maybe we should switch him to QB.

    7 of Ladainian Tomlinson's 8 pass attempts went for touchdowns, and he averaged 20 yards per completion. Boo Yah! His coaches were SOOOOOO STUPID! He never should have been a running back with those stats.

    These are facts people, and these stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only should Pete bring Tebow to Seattle, trading away a valuable pick to do so, but Pete should take our most valuable player, Russell Wilson, off the field, or at least take the ball out of his hands, on a handful of plays each game. Tebow's biggest problem with the Jets last year, besides the fact that his throwing motion is timed with a sun dial and looks like he is starting a lawn mower over his shoulder, is that he just didn't get enough snaps to get his playing rhythm going. I think if he got maybe 20 plays a game, Russell wouldn't miss those at all. In fact, since Tebow will run all the option stuff, we will be saving Russell from injury! And, he could teach Russell how to celebrate a touchdown less humbly. Russell's touchdown nothing nothing is dumb!

    If you godless heathens would just look at the facts with your Damned to Hell eyes, you would see what I see. Tim does not need the Hawks, but the Hawks need him.


    That was that wall of text was about?

    I don't want the ball out of Wilson hands at all, unless its to hand it off to Lynch & Turbin. If you're going to be a back up, thats what you're going to be, you're not the staple of anything on this team until an injury happens.

    Also to bring up something else, bringing in Tebow for those couple times a game, killed any momentum that Sanchez had going. We saw this in Seattle first hand, Sanchez hit a couple rhythm passes, and then here comes Tebow in to screw everything up, good job coaching! I hope whoever's bright idea that was never finds his stinkin' ass way onto the Seahawks coaching staff, because it was dumb.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:04 am
  • When was the last time the old swap QBs during the game at the NFL level really worked? I would say not in last 30+ years.

    The starter needs to be on the field playing QB, with the back up subbing in as a holder for FGs and PATs. The Jets screwed themselves with bad coaching.

    IF Tim were a Seahawk the only time he would be on the field is during standard pre-season/late game blow outs, PC knows how to coach.
    Throwdown wrote:Bringing in Tebow for those couple times a game, killed any momentum that Sanchez had going. We saw this in Seattle first hand, Sanchez hit a couple rhythm passes, and then here comes Tebow in to screw everything up, good job coaching! I hope whoever's bright idea that was never finds his stinkin' ass way onto the Seahawks coaching staff, because it was dumb.


    I watched and loved that game!
    Mark went 9 for 22 that game, and Tebow went 3 for 3, Tebow did not kill Mark's momentum, Mark killed Tebow's momentum.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 am
  • Spokane wrote:When was the last time the old swap QBs during the game at the NFL level really worked? I would say not in last 30+ years.

    The starter needs to be on the field playing QB, with the back up subbing in as a holder for FGs and PATs. The Jets screwed themselves with bad coaching.

    IF Tim were a Seahawk the only time he would be on the field is during standard pre-season/late game blow outs, PC knows how to coach.
    Throwdown wrote:Bringing in Tebow for those couple times a game, killed any momentum that Sanchez had going. We saw this in Seattle first hand, Sanchez hit a couple rhythm passes, and then here comes Tebow in to screw everything up, good job coaching! I hope whoever's bright idea that was never finds his stinkin' ass way onto the Seahawks coaching staff, because it was dumb.


    I watched and loved that game!
    Mark went 9 for 22 that game, and Tebow went 3 for 3, Tebow did not kill Mark's momentum, Mark killed Tebow's momentum.


    ...You can't be serious
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 am
  • Not sure what area your question relates to, but I am guessing its "
    I watched and loved that game!
    Mark went 9 for 22 that game, and Tebow went 3 for 3, Tebow did not kill Mark's momentum, Mark killed Tebow's momentum."

    On the legit side I did watch the game, Sanchez sucked at about 41% and Tebow did his job. When you have a guy going a good job you leave him in.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:58 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Golden Tate hit 100% of his passes, and he is the same size as Wilson. Maybe we should switch him to QB.

    7 of Ladainian Tomlinson's 8 pass attempts went for touchdowns, and he averaged 20 yards per completion. Boo Yah! His coaches were SOOOOOO STUPID! He never should have been a running back with those stats.

    These are facts people, and these stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only should Pete bring Tebow to Seattle, trading away a valuable pick to do so, but Pete should take our most valuable player, Russell Wilson, off the field, or at least take the ball out of his hands, on a handful of plays each game. Tebow's biggest problem with the Jets last year, besides the fact that his throwing motion is timed with a sun dial and looks like he is starting a lawn mower over his shoulder, is that he just didn't get enough snaps to get his playing rhythm going. I think if he got maybe 20 plays a game, Russell wouldn't miss those at all. In fact, since Tebow will run all the option stuff, we will be saving Russell from injury! And, he could teach Russell how to celebrate a touchdown less humbly. Russell's touchdown nothing nothing is dumb!

    If you godless heathens would just look at the facts with your Damned to Hell eyes, you would see what I see. Tim does not need the Hawks, but the Hawks need him.


    That was that wall of text was about?

    I don't want the ball out of Wilson hands at all, unless its to hand it off to Lynch & Turbin. If you're going to be a back up, thats what you're going to be, you're not the staple of anything on this team until an injury happens.

    Also to bring up something else, bringing in Tebow for those couple times a game, killed any momentum that Sanchez had going. We saw this in Seattle first hand, Sanchez hit a couple rhythm passes, and then here comes Tebow in to screw everything up, good job coaching! I hope whoever's bright idea that was never finds his stinkin' ass way onto the Seahawks coaching staff, because it was dumb.

    Nope. I was just trying to use really stupid stats to prop up a really stupid argument.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Golden Tate hit 100% of his passes, and he is the same size as Wilson. Maybe we should switch him to QB.

    7 of Ladainian Tomlinson's 8 pass attempts went for touchdowns, and he averaged 20 yards per completion. Boo Yah! His coaches were SOOOOOO STUPID! He never should have been a running back with those stats.

    These are facts people, and these stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only should Pete bring Tebow to Seattle, trading away a valuable pick to do so, but Pete should take our most valuable player, Russell Wilson, off the field, or at least take the ball out of his hands, on a handful of plays each game. Tebow's biggest problem with the Jets last year, besides the fact that his throwing motion is timed with a sun dial and looks like he is starting a lawn mower over his shoulder, is that he just didn't get enough snaps to get his playing rhythm going. I think if he got maybe 20 plays a game, Russell wouldn't miss those at all. In fact, since Tebow will run all the option stuff, we will be saving Russell from injury! And, he could teach Russell how to celebrate a touchdown less humbly. Russell's touchdown nothing nothing is dumb!

    If you godless heathens would just look at the facts with your Damned to Hell eyes, you would see what I see. Tim does not need the Hawks, but the Hawks need him.

    Your cynicism accomplishes nothing. :141847_bnono: If you're directing this rant at me... you're not winning me over. From posts and interactions with you in other threads, I held you in high regard. If this is the way you're going to be... then, my impression of you is going to deflate.
    In no way would I see Tebow hitting the field on the Seahawks team unless it's at some sort of H-back role. I do, however, think that the passionate way he has always played the game would be much better than possibly some other backup (if Flynn is traded) should that, God forbid, need be. I see RW as a smart QB as well who will likely avoid injuries. You never know, though. I would rather have a backup QB with the will to win like Tebow than some guy out there scared to make a mistake and just underperform and bring the team down. There could be QB's like Josh Johnson, maybe David Garrard?... I don't know. JS/PC know what they're doing. The only purpose of this (which isn't even speculation) is to say that bringing in Tebow to THIS team wouldn't be a bad idea. Any player coming to Seattle knows it's about Competition and Team. Tebow wouldn't come to Seattle thinking he has any chance to unseat Wilson. No way. He may not even be brought in as a QB. And, for my opinion... NO WAY a trade for him. Only if the Hawks can sign him off the streets for a look (and no guarantee he makes it out of camp.)
    The Tebow hate is understandable. Why some of you guys insist upon attacking fellow Seahawk fans with your own "straw-man" arguments is very disenchanting. I'm used to being treated like the only skunk at a garden party by fans of other teams. If this is the way this forum is... it's not going to be worth my time. I was hoping to be able to engage in dialogue with fans of my favorite team. I respect others opinions, but I don't appreciate reading other posters being called dumb and mocking others for their opinions as if there's a standard of agreement on all opinions and if you violate that... you're the target of all to receiving all this sort of treatment. BTW.... THIS is the number one complaint about this board I read on other Seahawk fan forums. Seems to me you all would know that and work to change that perception... which is starting to annoy me.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 pm
  • Spokane wrote:It is the same reason why the GM was fired and the coach is on the hot seat...bad management.

    When the Jets let him throw he hit his target 75% of the time, so his accuracy was AMAZING and a non issue, again your answer is poor management.


    Tebows Season stats for 2012: 6 of 8 passing, so yeah 75% for 4 yards a completion, you're a joke.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 pm
  • Right from the get go you were saying that the negativity towards Tebow must be based on something besides football, so you were basically declaring all talk of Tebow not being good as invalid.

    So can it.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:05 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Right from the get go you were saying that the negativity towards Tebow must be based on something besides football, so you were basically declaring all talk of Tebow not being good as invalid.

    So can it.

    Is this directed at me? If so, I said nothing of the sort. Again... "straw man argument". From the get go I actually posed that as a question (go back and check), to which I apparently received the venting of both you and SacHawk2.0 That was a pretty quick assumption and verbal assault after only a mere question. I could tell there was some history with you both there, and I'm sorry for that. But, why take it out on me if I wasn't pressing the point in that manner? Let me suggest that you're hearing what you want to hear out of anyone who even mentions Tebow's name and you're just on auto-pilot with assumptions and ready to launch missiles at will. I'm not going to take the time to re-state what I have already stated clearly enough for such a forum. All I'm asking is to not use logical fallacies to accuse those who disagree with your opinions.
    Also, since it's on point... (not to speak of religious issues in this forum, but only to address that which is relevant to the current discussion)... using the Lord's name in vain as you did in a reply doesn't help alleviate those suspicions of that very thing I posed in that question. (It's sort of like saying, "I'm not a bigot, you _____") Whether or not one believes that Jesus is Lord, that sort of conduct shouldn't be considered appropriate language in a forum. If it's not "out of bounds" in this forum, then it is insensitive and even bordering on intolerance towards those who do hold Jesus to be God incarnate. Since that is so very prevalent today, that is partly why Tebow is so polarizing. I'll try to wrap this up so to not take it too far down that route for these purposes... but, I just don't get why it's necessary to use that language? To me, if you have any wherewithal whatsoever that using the name of Jesus like that is possibly offensive to others... why use it in such a manner? It's unnecessary and even calculated. You have a choice whether to use such language in a public forum or not.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Oh for Zeus's sake.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:09 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Oh for Zeus's sake.

    As long as you can amuse yourself... your happy, right?
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:38 pm
  • I think we have went over every area that this thread really should have. And even though up to this point the banter has been in fun, I could see a true name being called due to the pain of just running over the same information. So I am out on this thread. I had fun!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:19 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Oh for Zeus's sake.


    It's Allah, buddy. Get it straight!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: QB Problem
Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 pm
  • Again, your own Straw Man. Time for me to walk away from this thread as well (but, I will do so with a little more spiteful hope that the Hawks bring in Tebow and turn him into an offensive weapon. ; ) If not, no big deal. We're Hawks fans, not a Tebow fans. (I AM becoming a bigger Richard Sherman fan by the day. Catch my comments on that in another thread, if you like.) GO HAWKS!!!
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: QB Problem
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 am

Re: QB Problem
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:10 am
  • The media can never get a story right, I was not killed I was wounded! If they would have had a regulation doggy door, this story would have never aired.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: QB Problem
Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:20 am
  • "Spokeswoman Monique Cotton says the intruder was armed with a large knife and had been threatening residents in a dispute over Tim Tebow."
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24253
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: QB Problem
Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:16 pm
  • I honestly cant believe this topic went 10 pages.

    Good lord.


    Any ways on topic, i'd rather draft a QB (even a shitty one) and have him sit and learn under wilson (kinda like Flynn with Rodgers and he with Favre). I've seen Tebow play and his stats are mediocre. Now there's a reason why the Broncos traded him and a reason the Jets are probably about to cut him. None of us are NFL GMs. We can speculate til the cows come home but none of us are paid by NFL owners to scout players or to acquire players.
    Image
    User avatar
    tubbs51
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 320
    Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm
    Location: Spokane, Washington


Re: QB Problem
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 pm
  • tubbs51 wrote:I honestly cant believe this topic went 10 pages.

    Good lord.


    Any ways on topic, i'd rather draft a QB (even a shitty one) and have him sit and learn under wilson (kinda like Flynn with Rodgers and he with Favre). I've seen Tebow play and his stats are mediocre. Now there's a reason why the Broncos traded him and a reason the Jets are probably about to cut him. None of us are NFL GMs. We can speculate til the cows come home but none of us are paid by NFL owners to scout players or to acquire players.


    Thank god, could you imagine if they anyone (aside from me) were GM's during the Carson Palmer crap?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: QB Problem
Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:05 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    tubbs51 wrote:I honestly cant believe this topic went 10 pages.

    Good lord.


    Any ways on topic, i'd rather draft a QB (even a shitty one) and have him sit and learn under wilson (kinda like Flynn with Rodgers and he with Favre). I've seen Tebow play and his stats are mediocre. Now there's a reason why the Broncos traded him and a reason the Jets are probably about to cut him. None of us are NFL GMs. We can speculate til the cows come home but none of us are paid by NFL owners to scout players or to acquire players.


    Thank god, could you imagine if they anyone (aside from me) were GM's during the Carson Palmer crap?


    or during last years draft?
    Image
    User avatar
    tubbs51
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 320
    Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm
    Location: Spokane, Washington


Re: QB Problem
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 am
  • tubbs51 wrote:I honestly cant believe this topic went 10 pages.

    Good lord.


    Any ways on topic, i'd rather draft a QB (even a shitty one) and have him sit and learn under wilson (kinda like Flynn with Rodgers and he with Favre). I've seen Tebow play and his stats are mediocre. Now there's a reason why the Broncos traded him and a reason the Jets are probably about to cut him. None of us are NFL GMs. We can speculate til the cows come home but none of us are paid by NFL owners to scout players or to acquire players.


    And yet Tebow just wins
    Now can you imagine him with Percy Harvin again?

    Tebow's bread and butter is the screen pass. Harvin's bread and butter is the screen pass. We'd become one dimensional, but kind of 1 dimensional in a "well at least try and stop us" way. And for a backup QB, that's good enough for me
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2520
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: QB Problem
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 am
  • themunn wrote:
    tubbs51 wrote:I honestly cant believe this topic went 10 pages.

    Good lord.


    Any ways on topic, i'd rather draft a QB (even a shitty one) and have him sit and learn under wilson (kinda like Flynn with Rodgers and he with Favre). I've seen Tebow play and his stats are mediocre. Now there's a reason why the Broncos traded him and a reason the Jets are probably about to cut him. None of us are NFL GMs. We can speculate til the cows come home but none of us are paid by NFL owners to scout players or to acquire players.


    And yet Tebow just wins
    Now can you imagine him with Percy Harvin again?

    Tebow's bread and butter is the screen pass. Harvin's bread and butter is the screen pass. We'd become one dimensional, but kind of 1 dimensional in a "well at least try and stop us" way. And for a backup QB, that's good enough for me


    I'd rather watch David Greene struggle.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: QB Problem
Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:42 am
  • themunn wrote:
    tubbs51 wrote:I honestly cant believe this topic went 10 pages.

    Good lord.


    Any ways on topic, i'd rather draft a QB (even a shitty one) and have him sit and learn under wilson (kinda like Flynn with Rodgers and he with Favre). I've seen Tebow play and his stats are mediocre. Now there's a reason why the Broncos traded him and a reason the Jets are probably about to cut him. None of us are NFL GMs. We can speculate til the cows come home but none of us are paid by NFL owners to scout players or to acquire players.


    And yet Tebow just wins
    Now can you imagine him with Percy Harvin again?

    Tebow's bread and butter is the screen pass. Harvin's bread and butter is the screen pass. We'd become one dimensional, but kind of 1 dimensional in a "well at least try and stop us" way. And for a backup QB, that's good enough for me


    His bread & butter is the screen pass? LOL!
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    User avatar
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 5577
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


Re: QB Problem
Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm
  • fine if we don't get Tebow i want to get Terrell Pryor he is a solid back up for the Raiders and would be a better one for us.
    Seahawks Freak
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 pm


Previous


It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], suppaball and 20 guests