Jim Harbaugh will be costing his team yards next year

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The NFL won't call it the Jim Harbaugh Rule, but it might as well. The San Francisco head coach is one of those the league's competition committee has in mind when it took action to keep coaches from wandering onto the field.

Harbaugh was on the field more than once during the playoffs, and the NFL wants that to stop -- making sure coaches understand that's where players, not coaches, belong. So it will make sideline discipline a point of emphasis this year, with coaches warned that they can and will be flagged if they don't comply.

Cant wait to see him get flagged in Qwest. That place will come unglued.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark ... -sidelines

kearly

Reaction score
Yeah, Carroll's going to get hit with that penalty at least a few times himself if it's strictly enforced and he's not careful.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
This is a good rule. No need for coaches to walk 15 yards out on the field following a ref chirping in his ear.

Glad they are getting this under control.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Yes Jim will defiantly need to start restraining his sideline emotions in order to avoid being penalized next season, as well as other coaches in the league as mentioned above.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":ko9jxeup said:
Yes Jim will defiantly need to start restraining his sideline emotions in order to avoid being penalized next season, as well as other coaches in the league as mentioned above.

35200737.jpg

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LOL Jester, you beat me to it; I was going to post the same thing. Good work.

In any case, if we get this penalty called on Pete, it's likely because he got excited in celebration off of a great interception, or something. If it gets called on Harbaugh, it's probably because he's pissed that the refs didn't award him 3 points for a two-point conversion after they scored a TD.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2lsyfin9 said:

Just say "Pete Carroll"

I know you want to... :3-1:

NinerLifer

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2fj2lpxm said:
NinerLifer":2fj2lpxm said:

35200737.jpg

LOL

Believe it of not there are those of us who wish he would tone it down on the sideline. We love how he has turned our team around, but we still don't like how he acts on the sideline occasionally. I remember during the NFCCG I actually was yelling at my big screen telling "calm the hell down Jim!".

Defiantly was supposed to be definitely. Stupid auto correct!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Occasionally? Do you watch all of the games? Dude is pissed from kickoff to 0:00.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2skec7df said:
Occasionally? Do you watch all of the games? Dude is pissed from kickoff to 0:00.

Ya I was kind of sugar coating it a bit. :179422:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2xnfg6xy said:

That's a metaphor from "birth" until "heart attack caused death" right?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
It has to make one wonder; how is it that John Harbaugh seems to have a cool head and some class and yet his brother is such an ass.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I like the rule, but it worries me slightly because Pete is guilty of running onto the field more than a few times (although it's usually out of celebration rather than anger).

The Radish

Reaction score
Harbaugh makes me think of Earl Weaver one of the best coaches ever during his years at Baltimore.

Ron Luciano (The Umpire Strikes Back), said of him.

"Earl is not happy unless he's not happy".

I always thought that was one of the best sports quotes I've ever seen.

:les:

NinerLifer

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":hrzikkta said:
It has to make one wonder; how is it that John Harbaugh seems to have a cool head and some class and yet his brother is such an ass.

I've wondered this myself, but I used different verbiage of course. ;)

One explanation could be that since Harbaugh was in fact a player, he might still have that mentality and not that of a sideline spectator.

sutz

Reaction score
It might depend on how they word the rule. Pete runs out there more when the clock is already stopped IIRC; after scores and when celebrating, not so much between plays and when the clock is still running. I may be wrong about that.

I do worry about Pete being busted for this one also. But if I may quote the great Leroy Jethro Gibbs, regarding Marine Corps First Sergeants: "He has more control than you." Betweem Carroll and Harbaugh, I'd say Pete is less likely to screw the pooch on this rule.

;)

rlkats

Reaction score
Harbaugh is screwed in this one I admit. No way he can contain himself lol. This rule was created for him. Oh well it is what it is. Love him as a coach anyways.