Roger Godell made $29.49 million in 2011

JKent82

Reaction score
I think a few players might be annoyed by that.

I am too, mainly because I really hate ole inconsistent east coast Rog.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He works for the owners. The players have nothing to do with it. Personally, i'll never complain about how much somebody makes. If there's somebody willing to pay it, then good for him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not huge fan of Goodell, but the man runs a Multi-Billion dollar company. How much do you think he's going to make? 100,000? I mean let's be serious here. People are paid commiserate to their value. The NFL has a very high value and he's basically the CEO. He's going to make bank, and so will the next guy and the guy after that, as long as the league remains as successful as it is.

OP
OP
JKent82

JKent82

Reaction score
To JSeahawks- Of course it has nothing to do with the players, but I highly doubt they view it that way. More my point there. I'm annoyed they are paying him that much. It's mostly irrational of course. I should probably be just as annoyed when players make huge sums of money too by that logic.

To Kidhawk- Since when does thinking 30 million is an awful lot equal thinking he should make waaaaaay less. Obviously it's just hyperbole but c'mon. Part of it is that is was the lockout year when he took his ole $1 salary thing. I mean every knew it was more of just a gesture and he'd do just fine, but still, 30 million? That's the biggest thing.

I don't know the going rate of CEO's these days and I'm sure plenty make a hell of a lot more than him, but it strikes me as funny to see him make that much in the lockout year. He made about 11 million the previous year.

GCrow

Reaction score
I mean i'm sure this is all in "The best intrest of the league" as he loves to say.

Damn hypocrite

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I smelled something funny, so I clicked on this thread. I then realized that funny smell was the jealousy of bitter people who want to be millionaires.

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":i9l3ln5v said:
I smelled something funny, so I clicked on this thread. I then realized that funny smell was the jealousy of bitter people who want to be millionaires.

If that guy making $29 million a year is Roger Goodell, then yes.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Personally I don't like the MF... but obviously his 32 bosses must love him... hey, if your board of directors incentivised you with a $30 million dollar salary+bonus to do what they wanted you to do... would you? Would you give a flying sh!t what the public thought of you? Would you let anything (baring anything significantly illegal) get in your way of accomplishing their directive?

Not me folks!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
garydrake425":2qtsk7nd said:
Oh he's just making up for what he didn't make last year. $1 my ass Roger Goo2hell.

Uh, he only said he'd do that if we missed any real football. We didn't.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I see the CEO analogy being brought up a lot. Do we really think this guy is as crucial to the NFL's success as, say, Bezos is to Amazon's?

I don't really have an issue with Goodell and think he's mostly unfairly maligned. He's nowhere near as bad as the guy running the NBA, but I'm just skeptical about how much value he personally adds to the NFL over the best alternative.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2uviagh7 said:
I see the CEO analogy being brought up a lot. Do we really think this guy is as crucial to the NFL's success as, say, Bezos is to Amazon's?

I don't really have an issue with Goodell and think he's mostly unfairly maligned. He's nowhere near as bad as the guy running the NBA, but I'm just skeptical about how much value he personally adds to the NFL over the best alternative.

The thing is, it doesn't really matter what fans think he's worth. Look at any corporation that is valued where the NFL is valued and find out how much they pay the guy running their business, and I'm sure you'll find that $29 million isn't nearly as much as it sounds, especially when you figure in the fact that these guys are likely pulling in a lot of stock options along with their salaries. The important thing is what the 32 owners feel he's worth, and like him or not, the owners pay him what they believe he is worth.

mikeak

Reaction score
So basically every team pays him $1million for his job of making them part of the most profitable professional league in this country and for being in charge of making their teams increase in value hundreds of millions over the past few years........

I have no problem with the commissioner of the NFL making that much. Doesn't mean I like him / dislike him just saying that the salary is in my mind ok for his job when I break it down on a per team cost.......

Latest posts