POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 am
  • Hawker 84, didn't say you ripped me. I was just pointing out you commented on wanting an unproven Flynn. No worries. Even if you had I have thick skin. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

    Revis is a Jet for 1 more year then gone. Jets would rather get something for him then nothing. Contact says he cannot be franchised.

    I know this would never happen. As I said, it was a thought.
    jackflash50
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 18
    Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 am
    Location: Connecticut


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 pm
  • Do it, Do it now.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 284
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 am
    Location: MD


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 pm
  • This is a very even trade.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm
  • The Seahawks have arguably the best secondary in the league. They don't need Revis. Putting Browner in the nickel is a BAD idea. He is too long and would get smoked by slot receivers. It also puts the Seahawks in a bad position financially. The next couple years have some significant paychecks coming up. While we can afford it now, we can't afford it in 2-4 years and that is something that has to be considered.
    benbu75
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 33
    Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:26 pm
  • jackflash50 wrote:Hawker 84, didn't say you ripped me. I was just pointing out you commented on wanting an unproven Flynn. No worries. Even if you had I have thick skin. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

    Revis is a Jet for 1 more year then gone. Jets would rather get something for him then nothing. Contact says he cannot be franchised.

    I know this would never happen. As I said, it was a thought.


    my apologies, read it wrong... i think Flynn would be a very solid starter, but he is unproven... and the fact that a 3rd round rookie beat him out only drops his trade value more...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4053
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:43 pm
  • jackflash50 wrote:Hawker 84, didn't say you ripped me. I was just pointing out you commented on wanting an unproven Flynn. No worries. Even if you had I have thick skin. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

    Revis is a Jet for 1 more year then gone. Jets would rather get something for him then nothing. Contact says he cannot be franchised.

    I know this would never happen. As I said, it was a thought.


    Just because you're thinking outside the box doesn't mean that you need to do your thinkin' inside a giant bag of peyote.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11435
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:50 pm
  • jackflash50 wrote: it was a thought.


    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14012
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:51 pm
  • I had to go back and read that again to be sure.

    You actually said Seahawks and Sanchez in the same sentence??

    You need a new drug dealer cause the shit you're getting ain't cuttin it!

    :141847_bnono:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:51 pm
  • I'd rather have Flynn than Sanchez. And I'm pretty harsh on Flynn.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11325
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm
  • Four great reasons to do this:

    1. It takes pressure off of Russell Wilson that he might lose his starting spot to his backup.
    2. Pete Carroll has familiarity with Mark Sanchez.
    3. Darrelle Revis is an elite cornerback, which would help solidify a position of obvious need for the Hawks.
    4. Think of all the time Schneider would save during the offseason looking for free agents because all the cap space has been used on Revis and Sanchez.

    I have put a lot of faith in the current front office. However if this deal doesn't get done I'm not sure I can continue to respect Carroll and Schneider.
    Image

    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    User avatar
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
    Location: Poulsbo, WA


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Four great reasons to do this:

    1. It takes pressure off of Russell Wilson that he might lose his starting spot to his backup.


    I'm not sure that's exactly a good thing. Maybe Russell performed better given the fact that he had such pressure on him?

    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I have put a lot of faith in the current front office. However if this deal doesn't get done I'm not sure I can continue to respect Carroll and Schneider.


    Over simply one possible trade route? Many things could affect the possibility of this trade not occurring. To me, that says you don't have much faith in them to begin with.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:51 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Four great reasons to do this:

    1. It takes pressure off of Russell Wilson that he might lose his starting spot to his backup.


    I'm not sure that's exactly a good thing. Maybe Russell performed better given the fact that he had such pressure on him?

    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I have put a lot of faith in the current front office. However if this deal doesn't get done I'm not sure I can continue to respect Carroll and Schneider.


    Over simply one possible trade route? Many things could affect the possibility of this trade not occurring. To me, that says you don't have much faith in them to begin with.


    Wow.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11035
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?
Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:28 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Four great reasons to do this:

    1. It takes pressure off of Russell Wilson that he might lose his starting spot to his backup.


    I'm not sure that's exactly a good thing. Maybe Russell performed better given the fact that he had such pressure on him?

    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I have put a lot of faith in the current front office. However if this deal doesn't get done I'm not sure I can continue to respect Carroll and Schneider.


    Over simply one possible trade route? Many things could affect the possibility of this trade not occurring. To me, that says you don't have much faith in them to begin with.


    Are you kidding me? Did I really need the sarcasm emoticon on this one? Come on Outfield, be better than that.
    Image

    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    User avatar
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
    Location: Poulsbo, WA




It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online