POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?

jackflash50

Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but in my mind would work for both teams:
Seahawks give up Matt Flynn to the Jets for Darrelle Revis and Mark Sanchez. Sherman & Revis make this secondary one of the best ever. Browner is used as a nickle DB. Sanchez sits for the year behind Wilson then they let him go due to salary reasons. The Jets get what they need most a starting QB and they get rid of Sanchez's salary.

??? Crazy?

Basis4day

Reaction score
jackflash50":dedrkg6p said:
Maybe I'm crazy but in my mind would work for both teams:
Seahawks give us Matt Flynn to the Jets for Darrelle Revis and Mark Sanchez. Sherman & Revis make this secondary one of the best ever. Browner is used as a nickle DB. Sanchez sits for the year behind Wilson then they let him go due to salary reasons. The Jets get what they need most a starting QB and they get rid of Sanchez's salary.

??? Crazy?

Yes

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Not Crazy. Not Crazy at all.

Highly probable when you really consider it.

I will be monitoring your future posts very closely.

Here's hoping you maintain this astute level of excellence.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jackflash50":b0zo3k24 said:
Not to mention the Jet's/Hawks connection with the hiring of Idzik.

If the Jets do that trade, you should turn around and fire Idzik immediately. I believe he's much smarter than that

Basis4day

Reaction score
jackflash50":8nalc4gg said:

Trades like this just don't happen in the NFL. If you really wanted to get Revis in a trade, you would need to include a player like Earl Thomas.

No team is going to trade an All-Pro Corner and a starting QB for a QB that has only started 2 games and didn't generate much interest in free-agency.

We're not going to get Revis for Matt Flynn, just like we're not going to get Larry Fitzgerald for Matt Flynn.

Look at it this way. Would the Jets trade Revis and Sanchez to the Niners for Alex Smith? Of course not. Why would they make that move for Flynn?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
jackflash50":3i1rphxi said:

Good god...he actually thinks this is feasible.

hawker84

Reaction score
no way that deal gets made for way too many reasons.. also Browner would not be moved to nickel, SS if anything or revis would play the nickel...

doesn't matter anyhow, that's a deal that's never going to happen. but in a rainbow colored gummy bear world , i'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Haha, good one OP.

Oh, wait, you were serious? Why the hell would Seattle destroy its cap to trade for a scrub like Sanchez? Jets fans must be desperate.

OP
OP
J

jackflash50

Reaction score
It was a tought people. Talk of Jets trading Revis. Wanting to get rid of Sanchez salary but they can't. They cut him they lose, they play him they lose.
Seahawks don't kill there cap. Sanchez counts for 1 year then he's gone. Flynn had plenty of teams interested in him last year & he did nothing this year to prove he wasn't a starter.
I would feel differently if Wilson went out & played terrible. He didn't. He showed why he was chosen to be the starter over Flynn. If I were the jets I would be very interested in Flynn and what he could possibly do.
SO yes I was serious and yes I do know these type of trades rarely happen however it was just a thought I threw out there. No need to rip me for it. Unless that's all you know how to do? Then good for you, maybe it makes you feel better to act like that.
Hawker84, you state you guys? I'm ont a Jet's fan. I'm a Seahawks fan and we sure as hell wanted an unproven Flynn that bad last year now didn't we???

OP
OP
J

jackflash50

Reaction score
I'd rather have Babe Laufenberg (I'm showing my age) but the real deal here would be the possibility of getting a player of Revis' ability and praying Wilson did not get injury so Sanchez would only hold a clip board. Remember Sanchez was coached by Pete at USC.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Wanting to get rid of Sanchez salary but they can't.
So we should take it on? Why trade a high priced backup for another?

Flynn had plenty of teams interested in him last year & he did nothing this year to prove he wasn't a starter.

By my count there was two. The Dolphins and the Seahawks.

If I were the jets I would be very interested in Flynn and what he could possibly do.

They may very well have interest in Flynn, but they aren't going to trade Revis for him.

No need to rip me for it.

Ripping your post, not you personally.

hawker84

Reaction score
jackflash50":3k8kl2jl said:
It was a tought people. Talk of Jets trading Revis. Wanting to get rid of Sanchez salary but they can't. They cut him they lose, they play him they lose.
Seahawks don't kill there cap. Sanchez counts for 1 year then he's gone. Flynn had plenty of teams interested in him last year & he did nothing this year to prove he wasn't a starter.
I would feel differently if Wilson went out & played terrible. He didn't. He showed why he was chosen to be the starter over Flynn. If I were the jets I would be very interested in Flynn and what he could possibly do.
SO yes I was serious and yes I do know these type of trades rarely happen however it was just a thought I threw out there. No need to rip me for it. Unless that's all you know how to do? Then good for you, maybe it makes you feel better to act like that.
Hawker84, you state you guys? I'm ont a Jet's fan. I'm a Seahawks fan and we sure as hell wanted an unproven Flynn that bad last year now didn't we???

i'm sorry? i ripped on you? because i said it's a fairy tale deal that would never happen....yes we picked up flynn, we sure as hell wouldn't have given up Sherman and TJack for him.. please explain how i ripped you..

12th_Bob

Reaction score
No, I would rather have an empty roster spot than Sanchez, he sucks. It would be awesome to have Sherman, Revis, Kam, and Thomas as starting secondary but I like Browner's toughness in the running game and against the screen pass plus Lane and Maxwell looked pretty good filling in over there. I also hate how non-awesome Revis contract is.

Nope, the Jets are going to need someone else to help them get out of cap hell. If I was the Jets GM I would make it a term of a trade that you need to take Sanchez if you want Revis, that helps get rid of a lot of cap space, don't know who would do that though.