OK..OK.. How's this??? Trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ..and

HUGGY

Reaction score
Pay Tony Gonzales whatever it will take to come out of retirement for two more years.

Our Offense would be so good that no team in the NFL could score enough against our already great Defense to keep up with us.

Landing Gonzales would be the last nail in the coffin for the rest of the NFL vs the Seattle Seahawks.

Tony is CLUTCH!! Wilson is CLUTCH!!! What else is there to know?

AND TJ is one of the few QB's that can run and gun. He's no Russell Wilson but Ryan cannot take the reigns of our new offense. TJ is fighting for the THIRD spot in Buffalo.

nategreat

Reaction score
No thanks. I'm sure there is a better option than T-Jack, we've already been there. Plus I imagine we would be able to get SOMETHING for Flynn at least.

Cartire

Reaction score
Stop it. We only trade flynn if were presented with an offer. We dont put him out there and wait. Its not a concern at the moment, and nor is money.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
If you're Tony Gonzales and you want to play one more year, do you do it with the team where you've already developed chemistry with all the offensive players, where you're intimately familiar with the system, and where the team just went to the NFCCG (not to mention, a team that already wants him back desperately)... or do you decide to uproot and go all the way across the country to a team that doesn't throw the ball nearly as much, faces a tougher divisional schedule, and where you'd have to readjust to a new system and new set of teammates at the very tail end of your career?

Yeah, the Tony G pipedreams should just stop.

JonRud

Reaction score
Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.

He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

I don't see this happening in any way.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
You goofs are totally missing the point. I didn't state the terms of the trade. Of course Flynn is worth a hell of a lot more than TJ...especially to Buffalo. I for one don't believe there IS a suitable replacement for Wilson in a real live game. BUT we need SOMEBODY! A warm body that can sort of run our new offense.

The MAIN point of the thread is Tony G ya yo-yo's!!! LOL

I can't help it if Seanet doesn't have more than 35 or so characters in it's thread titles..

I don't give a rip about Flynn except he is too well paid to warm the bench.. To get Gonzales we will neep cap room...he won't come cheap.. if at all.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
JonRud":1u8wpq1u said:
Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

Not so. Many Falcon fanz are butt hurt over him retiring. Most of the talk on their board is how they don't really need him... they were 12-4 without him ...good riddance...he wasn't all that good anyway...etc.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HUGGY":2qtvv8fv said:
Pay Tony Gonzales whatever it will take to come out of retirement for two more years.

Our Offense would be so good that no team in the NFL could score enough against our already great Defense to keep up with us.

Landing Gonzales would be the last nail in the coffin for the rest of the NFL vs the Seattle Seahawks.

Tony is CLUTCH!! Wilson is CLUTCH!!! What else is there to know?

AND TJ is one of the few QB's that can run and gun. He's no Russell Wilson but Ryan cannot take the reigns of our new offense. TJ is fighting for the THIRD spot in Buffalo.
Yes on Gonzales ---No on TJ

Happybelly

Reaction score
HUGGY":jtlkwy9z said:
JonRud":jtlkwy9z said:
Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

Not so. Many Falcon fanz are butt hurt over him retiring. Most of the talk on their board is how they don't really need him... they were 12-4 without him ...good riddance...he wasn't all that good anyway...etc.

Since what the fans think obviously means the organization feels the same way.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

Steve2222

Reaction score
JonRud":ucd2eoql said:
Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.

He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

He's a TE. It's not like it takes much adjustments to change offenses when you're a TE.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I can't wait for the day our backup QB becomes 'just the guy who holds the clipboard'.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1ze7eph7 said:
If you're Tony Gonzales and you want to play one more year, do you do it with the team where you've already developed chemistry with all the offensive players, where you're intimately familiar with the system, and where the team just went to the NFCCG (not to mention, a team that already wants him back desperately)... or do you decide to uproot and go all the way across the country to a team that doesn't throw the ball nearly as much, faces a tougher divisional schedule, and where you'd have to readjust to a new system and new set of teammates at the very tail end of your career?

Yeah, the Tony G pipedreams should just stop.
Yeah, you're probably right,,Gonzales probably doesn't have what it takes to transition to a different team, he'd probably be more like McCoy and we sure don't need another one like that.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2zd9ylzj said:
Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

LOVE ????? Who the heck is talkin LOVE ??????

Good grief!! I'm just talkin a warm body and Buffalo needs a QB.

I'm just exploring getting his cap money back. There is no "Love" for TJ. If anything annymosity. I never want to see him in a Seahawk uniform again..

Who do you guys think can step in for Wilson anyway..???

There is NO ONE! What he does is so unique that what "reality" we really have to adjust to is that all our eggs are in Wilson's basket.

I'm down with that. I'm all in. It's Wilson till the wheels come off!

Wilson with Gonzales and Miller book ends with Rice and Tate to pass to...

It wouldn't even be fair to the rest of the NFL.

They could just save all the trouble and hand us the Lombardi trophy for 2014.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
TJ made it known that he was less than thrilled with how he was treated during last training camp. Felt he didn't get a fair shot. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember getting the impression that TJ was not too concerned about burning whatever bridge was left between him and the Seahawk FO. Would be very surprised to see him in a Seahawk uniform again -- which is fine by me.

As for Tony G., I suspect the only two options he would consider are retirement and returning to ATL. Doubtful he would pack up, move, and set up shop in a new city for a single season.

Jville

Reaction score
How about this >>

With Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up only 2 roster spots.

Without Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up 3 roster spots.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
HawkFanNC":2nunp373 said:
TJ made it known that he was less than thrilled with how he was treated during last training camp. Felt he didn't get a fair shot. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember getting the impression that TJ was not too concerned about burning whatever bridge was left between him and the Seahawk FO. Would be very surprised to see him in a Seahawk uniform again -- which is fine by me.

As for Tony G., I suspect the only two options he would consider are retirement and returning to ATL. Doubtful he would pack up, move, and set up shop in a new city for a single season.

I said two years min. Tony already has it in his mind for a change...hence the "retirement" from ATLANTA.

He still wants a ring...he just doesn't believe Atlanta can deliver. He played his balls off in Atlanta last year...95 catches ...to what end???

Plus!!! Paul Allen can deliver OPPORTUNITY after Gonzales retires with a Super Bowl ring on each hand!

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
Jville":jugnnvr7 said:
How about this >>

With Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up only 2 roster spots.

Without Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up 3 roster spots.

You could have 5 QB's on the roster and nobody will be able to do what Wilson can do...deal with it!

OR...just cut Wilson now and you won't have to get over the fact that it is Wilson's way or NO WAY!