Why all the gloating?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Why all the gloating?
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 pm
  • I'll tell you why. In gameday chat we had weekly 9ers trolls. Some of them semi tolerable, but most hideous and awful. Taunts, racial slurs, hate speech and crap talking and trolling of all kinds. ALl year round. They were banned repeatedly but found ways around bans, and there were just so many of them it was hard to keep up with.

Not to mention here on the forums too, it was pretty damn bad all year round. Some genuinely came to talk shop, but most were here to gloat at our losses, and rub stuff in our faces every week, with snide little prissy comments and shots every chance they get.

When the cardinals lost the superbowl, I didn't gloat. I felt bad for them. I actually kind of wanted them to win the superbowl so the stealers wouldn't. They weren't horrible, intolerable A-holes to us all year, unlike 9ers fans. Atleast not on a grandscale.

So I don't feel bad for them ,and personally I don't think people are taking it too far. I think it's just enough. And hey........ it fuels an already heated rivalry.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Re: Why all the gloating?
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:25 pm
  • Hell yeah, I was rooting for the Cardinals all the way in that game, hell I'd probably root for the Rams if they make it back but Jim Hardballz and Niner trolls make me wish they get smoked every game, congrats on replacing the Broncos and Raiders for most hated team in the league.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 pm
  • I agree 100% I was rooting for the Cards when they were in the Superbowl. Can't do it for the Niners.... even if I have to go for a Ravens team led by a murderer and cheater who got away clean.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm
  • They are far and away the worst fanbase (maybe not if we had to play the Redskins twice a year every year) we see. I wish nothing but pain and misery for them.

What a fun night.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 am
  • lol I was actually rooting for the Ravens like I do the Hawks all game, it felt weird.

I don't know about rooting for the Cardinals, I didn't want to be the last team in the division without a Super Bowl Championship. So yes, I rooted for the Steelers that game against the Cardinals, GO AHEAD AND JUDGE ME!

That being said, I hope Lockon cried like the bitch he is.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:55 am
  • Raven's game plan was looking a lot like ours when we throttled the Niners. Only thing absent was RW's mobility and elusivenes. CrackHoe did a decent job of extending plays most of the time though. He has a nack for sensing pressure and avoiding sacks.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 am
  • Where's Throw's buddy joeseahawk today??

hahahahaha
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:08 pm
  • Gloating? because we're the Seattle Seahawks fans, and we deserve it.
    Just seeing the depression set in on the 9rs whaaaandome gives me goose bumps.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:08 pm
  • Oh man, I let the hatred come out yesterday. Actually came close to potentially losing a "friend" over it. I said some pretty angry things on twitter, I'm surprised I didn't get any threats ahahaha. It just felt so good to watch them lose. I hope they never make it back. I hope they move the team to Birmingham.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 pm
  • 9er fans are some of the worse fans. Why else would you think they come to a Seahawk board and start whiny-assed crying pissbaby threads after they lost the SB?
    Donk70
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:25 pm
  • I visit all of the NFC W boards, and the Niners do not have a quorum on their fans visiting other NFC W team's boards and spouting out.

You have many as well.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:33 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:I visit all of the NFC W boards, and the Niners do not have a quorum on their fans visiting other NFC W team's boards and spouting out.

You have many as well.

Really? Cuz there has been a whole lot of Niners fans on here lately. They disappear for weeks at a time and show up in waves directly tied to how well the team is doing.

As for Seahawks fans on other boards...I'm pretty sure there are many. But I wouldn't know. I just don't really see the appeal of stirring s..t up on an opposing team's forum. I get enough football talk with the dozens of Niner fans I know.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm
  • I like reading about the games, and discussing football with other team's fans. And my team's fans. I stay factual and respectful on the other team's boards. Like this one. But, I also have huge respect for all NFC W teams, which gets me heat from Rams fans too.

My only point was that as many Hawk fans troll the Niner boards as Niner fans troll here. I watch them both.

So it makes no sense to say Niners fans are worse at that. You both have been kinda the same this year.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:41 pm
  • Fair enough...I guess with success comes more bandwagon fans that act "brand-new".
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm
  • Look, I grew up with nothing but Niner fans around me...this has nothing to do with the internet or message boards. To me this is just a new way for them to spew their vile rhetoric. A new way for them to pass on the their bigoted arrogance on to their spawn. You had to have lived it, it didn't matter if it was football season or not. It was a year round thing, constant and unending. What I had to endure would be considered illegal now, simply because I was a fan of another team. I want nothing more than the absolute worst for that organization and their fan base. Yesterday I rooted another team as hard as I root for my Hawks......that is something I have never done before.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 am
  • Then your personal experience is what I call REASON to hate another team. Deserved.

I hate three. (Packers, Pats, Steelers).

I was in SF last week, just before the game. I changed into a Rams t-shirt before going out one night. My friends said not to, but I wanted to see the reaction.

Generated a lot of football talk. No hate. Even a lot of talk about our division, and the Hawks.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:54 am
  • RedAlice wrote:Then your personal experience is what I call REASON to hate another team. Deserved.

I was in SF last week, just before the game. I changed into a Rams t-shirt before going out one night. My friends said not to, but I wanted to see the reaction.

Generated a lot of football talk. No hate. Even a lot of talk about our division, and the Hawks.

A Rams shirt wont generate much of a reaction.. At least not with how theyve been playing as of late
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 am
  • The best thing about Sunday is the way it legitimised the 42-13 massacre for 7 months.

If they win the Super Bowl, you can't throw 42-13 at a Niners fan.

Now that they lost the Super Bowl, they have to live with that beat down until we next meet.

"Happy Birthday Harbaugh"
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Then your personal experience is what I call REASON to hate another team. Deserved.

A Rams shirt wont generate much of a reaction.. At least not with how theyve been playing as of late

So true!!

The most fun I had wearing a Rams shirt this year was during the Niner tie (I was in LA), and then during the two Hawk games here in San Diego. My favorite was the second one. I was explaining to the Hawk fans that yes they can still win if they are not up by 20 in the first half.

Well, actually the best was wearing it in St. Louis during the Niner loss.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 am
  • The Radish wrote:Where's Throw's buddy joeseahawk today??

hahahahaha

lol! that man is a disgrace, he should have his 12th man membership reviewed.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:02 am
  • RedAlice wrote:Then your personal experience is what I call REASON to hate another team. Deserved.

Brave, sir, very Brave, indeed. I'm shocked you didn't get rolled or knifed.
    BallHawker
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 am
  • pinksheets wrote:They are far and away the worst fanbase (maybe not if we had to play the Redskins twice a year every year) we see. I wish nothing but pain and misery for them.

What a fun night.

Exactly. It's extremely rare to meet a 49er fan that either a. Knows what they're talking about and/or b. Understands that it's just a game that we have no control over

Some of them seem to take it way to far with random stabbings in parking lots, etc.

It was great watching them lose that Superbowl.
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information