Why all the gloating?

bellingerga

Reaction score
I'll tell you why. In gameday chat we had weekly 9ers trolls. Some of them semi tolerable, but most hideous and awful. Taunts, racial slurs, hate speech and crap talking and trolling of all kinds. ALl year round. They were banned repeatedly but found ways around bans, and there were just so many of them it was hard to keep up with.

Not to mention here on the forums too, it was pretty damn bad all year round. Some genuinely came to talk shop, but most were here to gloat at our losses, and rub stuff in our faces every week, with snide little prissy comments and shots every chance they get.

When the cardinals lost the superbowl, I didn't gloat. I felt bad for them. I actually kind of wanted them to win the superbowl so the stealers wouldn't. They weren't horrible, intolerable A-holes to us all year, unlike 9ers fans. Atleast not on a grandscale.

So I don't feel bad for them ,and personally I don't think people are taking it too far. I think it's just enough. And hey........ it fuels an already heated rivalry.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hell yeah, I was rooting for the Cardinals all the way in that game, hell I'd probably root for the Rams if they make it back but Jim Hardballz and Niner trolls make me wish they get smoked every game, congrats on replacing the Broncos and Raiders for most hated team in the league.

nategreat

Reaction score
I agree 100% I was rooting for the Cards when they were in the Superbowl. Can't do it for the Niners.... even if I have to go for a Ravens team led by a murderer and cheater who got away clean.

pinksheets

Reaction score
They are far and away the worst fanbase (maybe not if we had to play the Redskins twice a year every year) we see. I wish nothing but pain and misery for them.

What a fun night.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol I was actually rooting for the Ravens like I do the Hawks all game, it felt weird.

I don't know about rooting for the Cardinals, I didn't want to be the last team in the division without a Super Bowl Championship. So yes, I rooted for the Steelers that game against the Cardinals, GO AHEAD AND JUDGE ME!

That being said, I hope Lockon cried like the bitch he is.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Raven's game plan was looking a lot like ours when we throttled the Niners. Only thing absent was RW's mobility and elusivenes. CrackHoe did a decent job of extending plays most of the time though. He has a nack for sensing pressure and avoiding sacks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Gloating? because we're the Seattle Seahawks fans, and we deserve it.
Just seeing the depression set in on the 9rs whaaaandome gives me goose bumps.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Oh man, I let the hatred come out yesterday. Actually came close to potentially losing a "friend" over it. I said some pretty angry things on twitter, I'm surprised I didn't get any threats ahahaha. It just felt so good to watch them lose. I hope they never make it back. I hope they move the team to Birmingham.

Donk70

Reaction score
9er fans are some of the worse fans. Why else would you think they come to a Seahawk board and start whiny-assed crying pissbaby threads after they lost the SB?

RedAlice

Reaction score
I visit all of the NFC W boards, and the Niners do not have a quorum on their fans visiting other NFC W team's boards and spouting out.

You have many as well.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RedAlice":3ugh72oc said:
I visit all of the NFC W boards, and the Niners do not have a quorum on their fans visiting other NFC W team's boards and spouting out.

You have many as well.

Really? Cuz there has been a whole lot of Niners fans on here lately. They disappear for weeks at a time and show up in waves directly tied to how well the team is doing.

As for Seahawks fans on other boards...I'm pretty sure there are many. But I wouldn't know. I just don't really see the appeal of stirring s..t up on an opposing team's forum. I get enough football talk with the dozens of Niner fans I know.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I like reading about the games, and discussing football with other team's fans. And my team's fans. I stay factual and respectful on the other team's boards. Like this one. But, I also have huge respect for all NFC W teams, which gets me heat from Rams fans too.

My only point was that as many Hawk fans troll the Niner boards as Niner fans troll here. I watch them both.

So it makes no sense to say Niners fans are worse at that. You both have been kinda the same this year.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Fair enough...I guess with success comes more bandwagon fans that act "brand-new".

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Look, I grew up with nothing but Niner fans around me...this has nothing to do with the internet or message boards. To me this is just a new way for them to spew their vile rhetoric. A new way for them to pass on the their bigoted arrogance on to their spawn. You had to have lived it, it didn't matter if it was football season or not. It was a year round thing, constant and unending. What I had to endure would be considered illegal now, simply because I was a fan of another team. I want nothing more than the absolute worst for that organization and their fan base. Yesterday I rooted another team as hard as I root for my Hawks......that is something I have never done before.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Then your personal experience is what I call REASON to hate another team. Deserved.

I hate three. (Packers, Pats, Steelers).

I was in SF last week, just before the game. I changed into a Rams t-shirt before going out one night. My friends said not to, but I wanted to see the reaction.

Generated a lot of football talk. No hate. Even a lot of talk about our division, and the Hawks.

Pstark3

Reaction score
RedAlice":26uvnkpd said:
Then your personal experience is what I call REASON to hate another team. Deserved.

I was in SF last week, just before the game. I changed into a Rams t-shirt before going out one night. My friends said not to, but I wanted to see the reaction.

Generated a lot of football talk. No hate. Even a lot of talk about our division, and the Hawks.
A Rams shirt wont generate much of a reaction.. At least not with how theyve been playing as of late

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The best thing about Sunday is the way it legitimised the 42-13 massacre for 7 months.

If they win the Super Bowl, you can't throw 42-13 at a Niners fan.

Now that they lost the Super Bowl, they have to live with that beat down until we next meet.

"Happy Birthday Harbaugh"

RedAlice

Reaction score
Pstark3":3nc0ssvs said:
RedAlice":3nc0ssvs said:

A Rams shirt wont generate much of a reaction.. At least not with how theyve been playing as of late

So true!!

The most fun I had wearing a Rams shirt this year was during the Niner tie (I was in LA), and then during the two Hawk games here in San Diego. My favorite was the second one. I was explaining to the Hawk fans that yes they can still win if they are not up by 20 in the first half.

Well, actually the best was wearing it in St. Louis during the Niner loss.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The Radish":3dd9mbka said:
Where's Throw's buddy joeseahawk today??

hahahahaha

lol! that man is a disgrace, he should have his 12th man membership reviewed.