Arians named Coach of the Year

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Was that really a question though for Coach?

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
I saw a surprisingly high number of folks on twitter (including actual voters) touting Pete for COTY.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
SoCalHawk":22exvon2 said:
So Cancer won coach of the year? Gotcha.

Ahhh...

Arians did not have cancer. Don't be an ignorant troll.

Arians was an assistant coach who pulled the team together for 11 wins on short notice.

He deserved it.

Decimation

Reaction score
Lol the new coach of the Arizona Cardinals. At least Arizona fans have something to cheer about.

Axx

Reaction score
SoCalHawk":2zslw4p1 said:
Arians does not have cancer, Chuck Pagano does

kearly

Reaction score
I loved the comparison between Arians/Carroll in 2012 and Jauron/Belichick in 2001. Arians gets an award that will be forgotten a few months from now, but Carroll will go down in history among the greats. I'll take that tradeoff.

Plus, it makes rooting against the Cardinals more fun.

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":u867md00 said:
SoCalHawk":u867md00 said:

Ahhh...

Arians did not have cancer. Don't be an ignorant troll.

Arians was an assistant coach who pulled the team together for 11 wins on short notice.

He deserved it.

Ignorant troll? Give me a break, you know exactly what I meant. You need to learn the definition of a troll.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Those of you who think Arians didn't deserve it at least as much as Carroll didn't follow the story. The guy stepped into an interim role and pulled that tea, together for a playoff season. Carroll deserved it too, but to say ignorant things like "Cancer won it" is pathetic. Arians did an amazing job.

Any other year Carroll probably wins, just like any other year Wilson probably wins OROY. Just how it fell this year, that there were a bunch of amazing jobs done by coaches and players and multiple people deserved to win.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
kearly":3ogxytal said:
I loved the comparison between Arians/Carroll in 2012 and Jauron/Belichick in 2001. Arians gets an award that will be forgotten a few months from now, but Carroll will go down in history among the greats. I'll take that tradeoff.

Plus, it makes rooting against the Cardinals more fun.

This I definitely thought of. Carroll is coach of the last three years but the gradual ascent of the team negates him from being coach of the year.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
SoCalHawk":1s64i0yx said:
Ignorant troll? Give me a break, you know exactly what I meant. You need to learn the definition of a troll.

From wikipedia, ''In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

So in an internet forum you posted an inflammatory comment with the primary intent of readers to invoke an logically fallacious emotional response and discuss Chuck Pagano's condition as opposed to Bruce Arians' success.

Troll.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":6wdbbgx6 said:
SoCalHawk":6wdbbgx6 said:

From wikipedia, ''In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

So in an internet forum you posted an inflammatory comment with the primary intent of readers to discuss Chuck Pagano's condition as opposed to Bruce Arians' success.

Troll.
What he posted doesn't fit that definition. Quit derailing the thread.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
razgriz737":l2o5jfx9 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":l2o5jfx9 said:
SoCalHawk":l2o5jfx9 said:

So in an internet forum you posted an inflammatory comment with the primary intent of readers to discuss Chuck Pagano's condition as opposed to Bruce Arians' success.

Troll.

What he posted doesn't fit that definition. Quit derailing the thread.

I am trying to discuss Arians' accomplishments this season and not Chuck Pagano so I don't understand how I derailed conversation. Please enlighten me.

Rat

Reaction score
Eh, Arians was deserving. He came into a difficult situation with a roster that didn't have much talent and finished the year with 11 wins and a playoff berth.

If we're going to say that Luck is overrated and didn't deserve all the OROY love he got this year, we have to believe that Arians did a great job.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":kw3lx3oo said:
I am trying to discuss Arians' accomplishments this season and not Chuck Pagano so I don't understand how I derailed conversation. Please enlighten me.
All I see is you trying to prove how SoCalHawk is a troll. Gimme a break.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Rat":15o3v51j said:
Eh, Arians was deserving. He came into a difficult situation with a roster that didn't have much talent and finished the year with 11 wins and a playoff berth.

If we're going to say that Luck is overrated and didn't deserve all the OROY love he got this year, we have to believe that Arians did a great job.

The latter is the exact storyline I believe played out.

The Colts were a great story this year and that story should have centered around Arians (his first year with the team I might add) and not Andrew Luck.

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1ebgg6y9 said:
SoCalHawk":1ebgg6y9 said:

So in an internet forum you posted an inflammatory comment with the primary intent of readers to invoke an logically fallacious emotional response and discuss Chuck Pagano's condition as opposed to Bruce Arians' success.

Troll.

Ugh. You are one of those. No point in arguing with your type.

Anyway, to those that are interested in talking football, do you think that if Pagano would have been suspended, or been away for another reason other than cancer, that Arians wins?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
SoCalHawk":aqd5kduf said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":aqd5kduf said:
SoCalHawk":aqd5kduf said:

Troll.

Ugh. You are one of those. No point in arguing with your type.

Anyway, to those that are interested in talking football, do you think that if Pagano would have been suspended, or been away for another reason other than cancer, that Arians wins?

What type? The thoughtful, intelligent type? Please attack the post - not the poster.

To answer your latter question - yes - absolutely. First year on the job he is forced to take over a team that was 2-14 the year before and guides them to 11 wins. A 9 win turn around for any coach is coach of the year material - let alone an assistant coach in his first year as a head coach and first year with the team.