Rams Win Stadium Arbitration

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/90817/what-to-know-about-rams-stadium-ruling[/urltargetblank]

Just saw this in Sando's blog. Apparently, the two sides (Rams and Stadium Authority) each put forward a proposal to an arbiter and it was decided that the Rams proposal would be the one moving forward. The Stadium authority has 30 days to accept or reject that proposal. Sando seems to think they reject it, at which point, in 2015, the lease reverts to an annual lease, meaning that they could opt to do whatever they wish at that point.

Man this offseason is REALLY slow when I start wondering what the different scenarios are for our division because of stadium issues in St Louis

sutz

Reaction score
I suspect the league is trying to get the Lambs back to LA. I don't really understand why, but I think they do.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":yqj1ofk5 said:
I suspect the league is trying to get the Lambs back to LA. I don't really understand why, but I think they do.

I would hope so. I really want to see some team move to LA, even if it means swapping the Rams out. It would be nice to swap that to a pacific time zone game every year. I always hate when we go to the Rams and have to play the early game.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":14t8ecro said:
sutz":14t8ecro said:

I would hope so. I really want to see some team move to LA, even if it means swapping the Rams out. It would be nice to swap that to a pacific time zone game every year. I always hate when we go to the Rams and have to play the early game.
Yeah, that aspect works for us. But, having lived in the area for many years, it's not really a good NFL town. Perhaps it was the ownership, but both the Lambs and the Raiders fizzled there. Sure, it's the second bigest TV market or whatever, but there is a ton of things to do, year 'round, that make it hard for football to compete.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Ew. California doesn't need any more professional sports teams. They could stand to lose some (Kings)...

Plus, the Rams are finally about to become a good team. It would be sad for die hard fans in St. Louis to lose them suddenly...

chris98251

Reaction score
L.A followed the Rams well when Carroll Rosenbloom owned them, Georgia whom I still think Murdered him and thats a whole other issue moved them. I think they would support the Rams again if the present ownership reached out to the City.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
sutz":6oc9tjsu said:
I don't really understand why, but I think they do.

Seriously? I'll give you a hint. St. Louis metropolitan area: 2.8 million. City of Los Angeles alone: 10 million, going as high as 17.8 million depending on which definition of the L.A. metropolitan area you prefer.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'll gladly send 2 million from here to St Louis. mostly people that want to ride bikes everywhere, bitch and moan about stadiums and then the loss of business when the teams here move.

Latest posts