Rams Win Stadium Arbitration

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Rams Win Stadium Arbitration
Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 pm
  • http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/90817/what-to-know-about-rams-stadium-ruling

Just saw this in Sando's blog. Apparently, the two sides (Rams and Stadium Authority) each put forward a proposal to an arbiter and it was decided that the Rams proposal would be the one moving forward. The Stadium authority has 30 days to accept or reject that proposal. Sando seems to think they reject it, at which point, in 2015, the lease reverts to an annual lease, meaning that they could opt to do whatever they wish at that point.

Man this offseason is REALLY slow when I start wondering what the different scenarios are for our division because of stadium issues in St Louis
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Rams Win Stadium Arbitration
Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm
  • I suspect the league is trying to get the Lambs back to LA. I don't really understand why, but I think they do.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:28 pm
  • sutz wrote:I suspect the league is trying to get the Lambs back to LA. I don't really understand why, but I think they do.

I would hope so. I really want to see some team move to LA, even if it means swapping the Rams out. It would be nice to swap that to a pacific time zone game every year. I always hate when we go to the Rams and have to play the early game.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:33 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    sutz wrote:I suspect the league is trying to get the Lambs back to LA. I don't really understand why, but I think they do.

I would hope so. I really want to see some team move to LA, even if it means swapping the Rams out. It would be nice to swap that to a pacific time zone game every year. I always hate when we go to the Rams and have to play the early game.

Yeah, that aspect works for us. But, having lived in the area for many years, it's not really a good NFL town. Perhaps it was the ownership, but both the Lambs and the Raiders fizzled there. Sure, it's the second bigest TV market or whatever, but there is a ton of things to do, year 'round, that make it hard for football to compete.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 pm
  • Ew. California doesn't need any more professional sports teams. They could stand to lose some (Kings)...

Plus, the Rams are finally about to become a good team. It would be sad for die hard fans in St. Louis to lose them suddenly...
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:28 pm
  • L.A followed the Rams well when Carroll Rosenbloom owned them, Georgia whom I still think Murdered him and thats a whole other issue moved them. I think they would support the Rams again if the present ownership reached out to the City.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 pm
  • sutz wrote:I don't really understand why, but I think they do.

Seriously? I'll give you a hint. St. Louis metropolitan area: 2.8 million. City of Los Angeles alone: 10 million, going as high as 17.8 million depending on which definition of the L.A. metropolitan area you prefer.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:11 pm
  • I'll gladly send 2 million from here to St Louis. mostly people that want to ride bikes everywhere, bitch and moan about stadiums and then the loss of business when the teams here move.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information