49er hits just keep on coming!!!

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:17 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.

Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.

Sorry, I couldn't really think of any real gay-light jokes. I'm telling you ... that a joke like ... "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" wouldn't fly well with most gay people. The joke implies that gays and niner fans are the same thing and coming from a Hawks fan or any other fan who doesn't like the 9ers ...... it's meant in a most derogatory way. What does the word "gay" mean to you in that joke? I doubt it's anything positive.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:23 pm
  • Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.

Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.

Sorry, I couldn't really think of any real gay-light jokes. I'm telling you ... that a joke like ... "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" wouldn't fly well with most gay people. The joke implies that gays and niner fans are the same thing and coming from a Hawks fan or any other fan who doesn't like the 9ers ...... it's meant in a most derogatory way. What does the word "gay" mean to you in that joke? I doubt it's anything positive.

Yes, and I said it was insensitive, but if you can't see that a person can make that joke an not feel derogatory about homosexuals, then I don't know what to say to you. People can be insensitive and still not actually feel negatively about a class or race or sexuality. Personally, I'd much rather have to deal with people who are insensitive to an issue than people who truly have disdain for me
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm
  • kidhawk...

I'll have to agree to disagree...:-) But, thanks for actually talking about it and speaking your truth .... and opinion. That's a good thing.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information