Johnny Knox

SDHawk

Reaction score
Any takers here on a bargain 4.3 receiver?

Sprfunk

Reaction score
If he could pass a physical.
Hargrove(as a seahawk) bent him in half BACKWARDS!

I really didn't like seeing that, but it was not a cheap shot. None the less, hard to watch.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
Yeah he messed up his back but he seems to be rehabbed from it. I think its a low risk/high reward move that we should look at. If he still has that deep speed, he could be just what this offense needs. Also think we need to take a hard look at Jared Cook. 6'5 and 4.4 speed.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Totally fine bringing him in to camp and seeing if he can still play. If not just move on. No risk.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
we have one injury risk receiver, half the point of bringing in any other receivers is insurance policy.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":23zinruz said:
we have one injury risk receiver, half the point of bringing in any other receivers is insurance policy.

It seems ppl dont understand the concept of risk/reward

Rat

Reaction score
He was really good before the injury, and could also give us a boost on kickoff returns.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":1mxxwp7z said:
Hawknballs":1mxxwp7z said:

If the Bears don't want to retain him (and they have a worse receiver situation than we do) what makes you think we'd want him?

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":3dx73xdz said:
SDHawk":3dx73xdz said:
Hawknballs":3dx73xdz said:

If the Bears don't want to retain him (and they have a worse receiver situation than we do) what makes you think we'd want him?

Worse because they have Brandon Marshall? We'd want him because the risk/reward. He could be had for peanuts and if he can come in during situational downs and provide us a deep threat, that would be worth the perceived risks.

Sorry, still waiting for a response that makes sense.

Bipolar

Reaction score
Johnny Knox was a good WR on a crappy team. if he is a vailable to come to Seattle and being singed on the cheap, it would be criminal not to "kick the tires" on him.

Jared Cook is a rock solid TE as well.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
Bipolar":2w28jc2y said:
Johnny Knox was a good WR on a crappy team. if he is a vailable to come to Seattle and being singed on the cheap, it would be criminal not to "kick the tires" on him.

Jared Cook is a rock solid TE as well.

Thank you, this is what I think as well.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":21ayimcy said:
Yeah he messed up his back but he seems to be rehabbed from it. I think its a low risk/high reward move that we should look at. If he still has that deep speed, he could be just what this offense needs. Also think we need to take a hard look at Jared Cook. 6'5 and 4.4 speed.

Let's see some video of his progress. Otherwise, it's just hearsay. If he's willing to take change and a year or two, I say why not. I'd rather see some kind of evidence that shows he's NFL ready or at the very least close to it.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":180932pm said:
SDHawk":180932pm said:

Let's see some video of his progress. Otherwise, it's just hearsay. If he's willing to take change and a year or two, I say why not. I'd rather see some kind of evidence that shows he's NFL ready or at the very least close to it.

Not sure what you're arguing here. I'm pretty sure the FO would give him a physical before signing him to a contract.

Are you saying we shouldn't even bother taking a look until we have "video of his progress"?

This is a guy who had* the same Mike Wallace speed and can be had at less than 1/10th the price and on a shorter commitment. I don't see any issue with working him out and giving him a 1-year prove-it-to-me contract. He is a potential game changer.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I'd take our receiving corp over theirs in a heartbeat. So there's that.

And since he more than likely won't have 4.3 speed again, I don't see why taking a flyer on him would be that great. He has average, maybe above average hands and isn't very big and is an average route runner outside of go routes (better than Hester, but that's not saying much). We could get that in the 3-4th round this year without the major injury concerns. Maybe you're still waiting on someone to agree with you and that's the only response that "makes sense" but I tried to lay it out with reasons. We all have our opinions though, so I won't fault you for sticking to yours.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Not arguing one bit...

I'm saying for the sake of this thread, lets see some video of the guy coming back from getting Baned. Then we'll know what we're dealing with, no one on this board has a say in whether or not this dude gets a workout...so I don't care about physicals, but we can watch video and evaluate him as fans of the 'hawks. Then form an opinion on him as the off season continues to unfold.

That's not asking for much.

If you want to play fantasy owner, sure bring him in...let the doctors give him a once over and let Sherm/BB/Kam/ET have at him for a few weeks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SDHawk":333rfen2 said:
Sorry, still waiting for a response that makes sense.

Comments like that are more likely to merely make people chuckle and put you onto their ignore list.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":3digui99 said:
I'd take our receiving corp over theirs in a heartbeat. So there's that.

And since he more than likely won't have 4.3 speed again, I don't see why taking a flyer on him would be that great. He has average, maybe above average hands and isn't very big and is an average route runner outside of go routes (better than Hester, but that's not saying much). We could get that in the 3-4th round this year without the major injury concerns. Maybe you're still waiting on someone to agree with you and that's the only response that "makes sense" but I tried to lay it out with reasons. We all have our opinions though, so I won't fault you for sticking to yours.

So carrying a 3-4th round rookie for 3 years is less risk than taking a rehabbed Johnny Knox for 1 year? There are only 2 or 3 receivers in this class with Knox's speed and both Tavon Austin and Marquise Goodwin are under 5'10 and 180 lbs. Let's see those guys take a couple hits.

You did lay out a couple reasons, I just don't think they are reasonable. There is obvious homerism when you say you'd take our receivers over Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jefferey. BMarsh had 1500 yds and 11 tds to Sidney Rice and Tates combined 1500 and 14 tds.