Titus Young a good fit in Seattle?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I know he has shown some attitude problems but Pete is a guy who is known to work with those guys and get the most from him. He showed flashes of brilliance in Detroit and is very explosive. I've seen a few threads for guys like Bowe but Young would be much cheaper, should be hungry and would vastly improve our vertical game. Am I crazy?

KPA

Reaction score
I notice that NONE of the Detroit players have spoken out in favor of Young.

He is Cancer. Maybe the Raiders could use him.

pehawk

Reaction score
Didn't he play at BSU?

Also, some of this has to be the sitiation. That team seems to lack discipline, awareness, or judgement from top down.

One of my favorite players, ever, is Charles Woodson. He was labeled as a malcontent in Oakland too. Its amazing what a change of scenery and a quality organization can do.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
“Like I said I never been selfish but if I’m not going to get the football i don’t want to play anymore.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -football/

If he's mad about his lack of targets in Detroit where they throw like 50 times a game, imagine how he'd react in our system. Their were a couple of games where even Sidney had only a few targets and he's our best receiver

pehawk

Reaction score
Sydney's also thrown a silent tantrum or two. And, in Detroit, Sydney mayve lashed out more, its the Lions.

I'd love it. 1st round talent, for peanuts. He won't do damage hear, none, so no risk.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The guy has some issues. He went on a Twitter rant a couple days ago after not posting for over a year. One of his gems was this...

I've never been a selfish player but if I'm not getting the football I don't even want to play anymore

And another one

Oh I'm not done, if y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats

Yeah...no thanks

pehawk

Reaction score
So, if he comes here, you're afraid all of the sudden Wilson would be more like Young? He'd take over the lockerroom?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
pehawk":bvge54wj said:
So, if he comes here, you're afraid all of the sudden Wilson would be more like Young? He'd take over the lockerroom?
No, not worried about the rest of our locker room. My thinking is no one passed more than Detroit and Titus was mad he didn't get the ball, what makes you think he'd be happy about being a back up on the Hawks and getting even fewer targets?

pehawk

Reaction score
Killa Kam":21jclcyg said:
pehawk":21jclcyg said:
No, not worried about the rest of our locker room. My thinking is no one passed more than Detroit and Titus was mad he didn't get the ball, what makes you think he'd be happy about being a back up on the Hawks and getting even fewer targets?

Peer examples to look up to for 1. Geography for 2 (LA product who played at Boise). Maturing for 3. Also, who's to say he would see fewer targets? The Seahawks offense will evolve towards its best player, Wilson.

If Seattle offered a 5th, Detroit would probably bite. If it doesn't work, oh well? Good gamble for 1st round talent, IMO.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Megatron is getting all the targets. Young certainly did damage to us. But yeah, a receiver who wants the ball? Perish the thought! That's almost as bad as a quarterback who wants to start or be traded where he'd have the opportunity to start! Question is, is Young open as much as he thinks he is, and simply not being targeted? Does Young have a legit beef or is he just being a legend in his own mind?
I have to think in Pete's system, Young could be a good fit, if it's the former. If it's the latter, well, we coulda had a washed-up TO. Anyone watched enough game tape of Young to offer evidence about which it is?

chris98251

Reaction score
All this started after our game with the Lions, call it his break out game if you want, he is causeing all sorts of issues for himself there and is putting a big sign on himself concerning his mental well being and whether he can be a team mate.

If you look around the league right now most the self promoted look at me I'm great and can be Superman on Sunday receivers are no longer playing in the league. They have got real quiet as a position, especially after all of them were cut prior to the last pre season.

olyfan63

Reaction score
He sounds like Keyshawn Johnson.

Some comment excerpts from the PFT board:
"what a flippin baby! Go ahead, quit! its not like you were any good anyway. with Calvin Johnson on the other side drawing all the double and triple team, you would think you could get open once in a while, but NOPE! You’re just taking up a roster spot for someone who’ll work for it."
"I understand the sentiment of not liking Titus Young and wanting badly to “call his bluff”, but that still does not do Detroit any good towards salvaging value out of the situation. Not many players have a perfect personality or no baggage, the Lions have a problem situation here that needs a bit more of an objective response than just tossing him out with the trash."

Interesting point, with Megatron drawing constant doubleteams, it should leave Young that much more able to get open, against the opponent's #2 or #3 corner.
The other one is talking about Detroit "salvaging some value" from Young. When that's the discussion, "salvaging"... wow. Sounds like a train wreck to stay away from.
All that said, if there's anywhere that a guy could go, and get a fair shot, and be in an environment that helps him get his head screwed on straight (or be cast aside if he can't get it done vs. the competition), Seattle is that place.

So heck yeah, if we can get Young virtually for free, why not bring him here and see what happens?

Rat

Reaction score
I almost never care about character concerns, but Titus is such a POS that I wouldn't bother unless it was a one-year minimum contract. Except for that one game against us, he hasn't even been good, and that's with the best WR in the NFL drawing attention away from him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
mretrade":2gf4nizq said:
Horrible fit. Why would they bring in a selfish player.
Every now and then Pete comes up with a "change of scenery" gem.
Mike Williams in 2010.
Brandon Browner.
I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of right now.
You could even look at Richard Sherman that way--"disgruntled" at Jim Harbaugh's Stanford, sent from WR to playing defense, falling to 5th round pick.

Of course, a lot have been tried and tossed. Pete certainly has no 'SC favoritism, that's for sure.
The question is whether Titus Young is just a crybaby whiny pussy or a player with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, who just needs to grow up a little, in the right environment. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference.
In PC/JS I trust on this one.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rat":4cnjp3in said:
I almost never care about character concerns, but Titus is such a POS that I wouldn't bother unless it was a one-year minimum contract. Except for that one game against us, he hasn't even been good, and that's with the best WR in the NFL drawing attention away from him.

That seems to be the consensus thinking, so the conclusion would be that the Seahawks would be foolish to give up any actual value for him, IF they were even interested in giving him a shot. He sure torched us, which sucked and directly led to us losing to the Lions, and thus not winning the division + home field, and ... and ... Super Bowl.

kearly

Reaction score
If we didn't run the type of offense we do, and if Pete wasn't trying to build an "all in" atmosphere, I'd be for it. But our offense spreads the ball quite thin, and Young is an obvious cancer. The Keyshawn Johnson comparison is on the money. Young will go to the highest bidder when he hits FA. Even if we traded for him he wouldn't be here long. I think Pete likes his players cheap, especially his WRs.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't know about cheap, I do know he wants them mentaly tough and willing to be physical. You look at our guys Tate, Baldwin, Rice, Obo all are guys that will mix it up and when in traffic fight through contact for the ball and not throw a tantrum. They get dinged up a bit and play through things. Our practices are physical with the type of secondary we have and they have to be able to deal with that as well.

Part of the reason some of the diva guys we brought in here I think failed, if the play wasn't going to them they half assed stuff, got taken out of their game even in practice by our secondary etc.