WHAAAAAAAT????

Curious, I can see....

But highly interested???

Hmmmmm.

Highly interested is rumorspeak for curious

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I said this in the other thread where this story was mentioned:

His availability became news a little over 24 hours ago, and they already have a list of five "highly interested" teams, one of which is preparing for a Super Bowl as we speak? Please.

Gotta love unnamed source reporting.

hawker84

Reaction score
haven taken the other Revis / Sherman thread into account.. this would be an interesting developement indeed. fun to think about though

bestfightstory

Reaction score
If If and If, then you'd be looking at one of history's very best secondaries.

Pass rush, please.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

Nope. DB is not our issue.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
49ers also said to be atop the list of teams who are interested. That would suuuuuuck.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I could see it, if JS and PC has this in mind...

Revis and Sherman on the outside.... seriously that is terrifying to think about.
Granted Revis to my knowledge has never played extensively press coverage, but if they want him I trust they believe they can do it.

Browner moves to SS.

Kam moves to Will.

I don't know if that would work, but if they are really interested I assume that would be the plan. Browner IMO would be a liablity in the slot, as it would take away his greatest strenght.

Basis4day

Reaction score
sainthawk29":22sd8wot said:

Revis and Sherman on the outside.... seriously that is terrifying to think about.
Granted Revis to my knowledge has never played extensively press coverage, but if they want him I trust they believe they can do it.

Browner moves to SS.

Kam moves to Will.

I don't know if that would work, but if they are really interested I assume that would be the plan. Browner IMO would be a liablity in the slot, as it would take away his greatest strenght.

"We usually try not to move Pro Bowl players to different positions," - John Schneider

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That would potentially be an awesome defensive backfield made all the more dangerous if we were to acquire the needed pass rush.

A monster young DT able to push the pocket and some extra depth for the edge and suddenly our D would be even more deadly for opponents than it presently is. No more need for soft zone coverage.

hawker84

Reaction score
NYSharkbait said:

1. Revis is not injury prone. He missed 14 games this year. Before that, in 5 years, he missed 3 games.

2. Revis will not get traded for a QB. If you think otherwise, you're a fool.

3. Revis > Deion. Stop with the Deion love. He was fast and the defense had more leeway to slap WRs around. Deion wouldn't be All-Pro in todays NFL. He isn't physical enough. He'd be lucky to make a Pro Bowl.

some people are just delusional.. and he had the leeway to slap WR's around, yet he wasn't physical enough to make the Pro bowl now.. interesting take..

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
sainthawk29":19b1djts said:

Browner moves to SS.

Kam moves to Will.

Hah, I was just about to lay out this exact Madden scenario!

This cannot be a legit rumor though, can it? That would be absolutely insane. What happens when Sherm needs his second contract and Revis is on the team? You guys know Sherm wants to get paid, and he is not going to take much, if any less than what Revis is getting. Are we going to use a third of the cap on 2 CBs? Doesn't make sense...

joeshaney

Reaction score
sainthawk29":3jx1rb1p said:

Browner moves to SS.

Kam moves to Will.

No Browner wouldn't play in the slot, but Kam isn't moving either. No reason at all to move pro bowl caliber players out of position.
Sherman and Revis would play outside in our base package, with Revis sliding inside for our nickel package (making room for Browner).

We would still need to identify a weak side linebacker who can rush the passer and not be a liability against the run (this or DE should be our first round pick). Henry Melton could still be a target in addition.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
Basis4day":3gjhz582 said:
sainthawk29":3gjhz582 said:

Browner moves to SS.

Kam moves to Will.

"We usually try not to move Pro Bowl players to different positions," - John Schneider

John Schneider admitted last year if Mark Barron was availible they would have selected him and tried to move Kam to Will..... Kam was a Pro Bowler.

Throwdown

Reaction score
sainthawk29":1exuahuc said:
Basis4day":1exuahuc said:
sainthawk29":1exuahuc said:

Browner moves to SS.

Kam moves to Will.

John Schneider admitted last year if Mark Barron was availible they would have selected him and tried to move Kam to Will..... Kam was a Pro Bowler.

No he said things could've gotten interesting.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
Also, given that Seattle typically plays a single high zone defense, Kam plays a hybrid SS/Will position as is.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3h97bjjm said:
sainthawk29":3h97bjjm said:

Browner moves to SS.

Kam moves to Will.

Hah, I was just about to lay out this exact Madden scenario!

This cannot be a legit rumor though, can it? That would be absolutely insane. What happens when Sherm needs his second contract and Revis is on the team? You guys know Sherm wants to get paid, and he is not going to take much, if any less than what Revis is getting. Are we going to use a third of the cap on 2 CBs? Doesn't make sense...

We can figure that out next year, but keeping Sherman would be my preference. If Revis doesn't play like a 15 million dollar player than the decision is even easier. If he does play like a 15 million dollar player than our Super Bowl victory will be the biggest thing in Seattle sports history. If we can't afford him or he decides to walk we will have a 3rd round compensatory pick and a superbowl. Good enough for me.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Flynn and Browner or Lane (Jets choice) and our 2nd for Revis and the Jets 3rd.

IF and I repeat.... IF we are interested. That is what we are offering. You know it as well as I do.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
IMO the best defense to use against spread and read opinion attacks is a 4-2-5 or Rover defense. Where your "Rover" is a hybrid SS/Will. So he strong against the run and pass.

If I was a Defensive Coordinator, and instituting this defense to combat the growing trend in the NFL. Kam would be my first choice to Play "Rover".

Latest posts