Revis Available? Flynn bait?

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m thinking we need someone in the slot..

pehawk

Reaction score
It'd be fun. And, the Jets and Seahawks ARE friendly franchises. Even more so now.

Winterfell

Reaction score
I'm so turned on by this idea.

I don't think it will happen, but if it does that sure would make for an even more imposing secondary. That would be funny if we moved Brandon Browner to Hill's position, essentially a fast lengthy LB to cover the TE and RB coming out of the backfield for a pass lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why? you don't pay a CB 6 million to play nickel, and all you were complaining about wasting money on a Back up QB. That would actually save your season possibly.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Winterfell":lofx9zpt said:
I'm so turned on by this idea.

I don't think it will happen, but if it does that sure would make for an even more imposing secondary. That would be funny if we moved Brandon Browner to Hill's position, essentially a fast lengthy LB to cover the TE and RB coming out of the backfield for a pass lol.

San Diego Chargers Board is that way ----->

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
for that reason.. I would put Revis on the outside with Sherman..
Switch Browner to SS Bench Kam(who I love dearly, but his coverage is suspect I think)

for nickle.. Revis to slot, Browner to outside, Kam to Weakside LB, Guy to SS

Winterfell

Reaction score
Fox0r":16ex3ldq said:
San Diego Chargers Board is that way ----->

Ah. San Diego.

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means "a whale's vagina."

Ronburgundy

jkitsune

Reaction score
In what world would anyone trade the only DB in the league who could be argued is better than Sherman (not saying he is), who is worth a fortune, for our backup QB?

If Revis WERE to be traded, the haul would be enormous, probably exceeding those for previous top flight DBs, and he would require MUCH more than a journeyman QB who has flashed ample potential but has yet to demonstrate the ability to start consistently. I wouldn't be willing to pay the inevitable price.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Presumably we'd be throwing in a first round pick too, given that we're talking about the NFL's best cornerback when healthy?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
chris98251":1rdp2aqb said:
Why? you don't pay a CB 6 million to play nickel, and all you were complaining about wasting money on a Back up QB. That would actually save your season possibly.

You really dont think Revis would start on our team? Is that really what you're implying?

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Revis is a "lame duck"
Jets want something before his contract expires.. they can't use the FT on him, they would just lose him outright.
He's good for a year.

this drops the asking price way down.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Sherman and Revis on the outside.
Move BB to SS.
Slide Kam down to take Hills spot.
Thurmond in the slot.

Or....

We could leave $#!@ alone and draft/bring in more pass rush.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well that definitely too.
and goes without saying.. why not both?

chris98251

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2wtejp6w said:
chris98251":2wtejp6w said:

You really dont think Revis would start on our team? Is that really what you're implying?

Revis injured last year, Revis makes more then our whole secondary combined, Revis cost us a back up, a draft pick and a lot of salary. Drop off from Browner to Revis isn't that steep for what we do as press and physical I think Sherm and Browner better. Also Maxwell and Lane are complimetary replacements if needed. Schnieder has shown he and Pete can find All Pro DB's in the draft, FA without paying them prima donna wages.

Latest posts